Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would like to know more about the story, there's no way that many people are that racist. I bet it has to do with pay increases and she's on the record as against pay increases or something.
    She hadn't even taken office yet, so it could have been something to do with the previous mayor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would like to know more about the story, there's no way that many people are that racist. I bet it has to do with pay increases and she's on the record as against pay increases or something.
    The post right before yours says what the issue was. The officers have had run ins with relatives of the mayor elect in the past and felt there could potentially be conflicts of interest in the future where the mayor elect would intervene on behalf of those relatives and prevent the officers from doing their jobs or reprimand the officers for their actions against those relatives. So they resigned to avoid either of those things.

"Tyus Byrd, 40, was sworn in April 14 and immediately had to deal with the resignation of five of six police officers, including the chief. The city attorney, city clerk and wastewater treatment manager also said goodbye to the town of 700 people, all citing "safety concerns.""

Five of six? So this is a real small town, that explains things. City clerk and wastewater manager? Why them?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Maybe they just didn't like her, but since she isnt a white male they must be sexist and/or racist

Deleted
    In my part of the world we call a community of under 1000 a village.

This discussion is moot unless you can establish for a fact that the mayor's skin color was a deciding, or even a factor at all. God forbid the mayor's political agenda had something to do with it, or that the recent election was a factor at all.

Also, i do realize people are more and more offended nowadays. But seriously, you should be really offended when someone calls you a racist.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

After reading the article, it sounds like they were all old and on the cusp of retirement anyways and they were making room for some new blood. This whole thing reeks of race baiting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Who knows, maybe they quit because they didn't like the agenda he is pushing....
    But i'm going to stick my neck out and say they're backwards bigoted bastards.

Deleted
    What a great service they did to their Hometown, cheers to them.

They arent racist. They are scared that if they arrest a black thats breaking the law, the mayor will punish them.

Thanks to all the death threats that the traytray crowd spew, cops are afraid to do their jobs.

Nice job abusing statistic to make a click bait title.
    I hope you fucking get bowel cancer.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-22 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Who knows, maybe they quit because they didn't like the agenda he is pushing....
    But i'm going to stick my neck out and say they're backwards bigoted bastards.
    It's a she. I grew up in a small town. I can tell you all the people in that small knew pretty much everything there is to know about each other. There's a lot of politics in small towns.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If this has nothing to do with her race or gender, then it's still a weird coincidence to have so many people in such a small town quit their jobs because of her. Wonder what she did to make them have such a small amount of faith in her?

If it is about race or gender... god dammit, Missouri. Why must my birth state be this way?

Maybe they were involved in something they didn't want brought to light, and believed that the previous mayor was instrumental in keeping it covered up. Maybe they were all best friends and decided to pack it in with the changing of the guard. Maybe the new mayor was vocal about a specific issue during her campaign, and they found her stance on that issue unconscionable. Maybe she's left-handed, and they won't work for some stinking leftie. Maybe it's because she's a woman, and they think women are unfit to run a town. Maybe she said something at a dinner party that affronted them all. Maybe it's because they're a lot of old bigots who won't work for a black boss. Maybe each of the handful of people who resigned had their very own, individual reasons for doing it.

We'll probably never know enough about the situation to judge any of them fairly.

Assuming that the cops are racist is a racist assumption. So go protest yourselves left wing bigots

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Assuming that the cops are racist is a racist assumption. So go protest yourselves left wing bigots
    Nuhuh! Everyone knows only repubs are racist! “I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy.” Joe Biden on Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by bugler18 View Post
    Nuhuh! Everyone knows only repubs are racist! “I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy.” Joe Biden on Obama.
    LOL oh thanks for reminding me of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Parma..... here I thought that was in Italy...

Anyhow, Missouri, not much surprises in that redneck corner of the country.
    Says the guy from Iowa hahahaha.

On topic, it's hard to tell what's going on until they figure out why they quit

dumb click-bait thread.

correlation =/= causation

But your average person has only an average understanding and so the racism ruse works very well.