Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ouch. My condolences. I heard about that, my RL's husband is a frost mage. He struggled forever, but got it. You will too.
    Frost is the easiest of the 3 specs for PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Thing is, you can go for it passively if you just do the in-between-quests. Only need to run lfr once and you're good to go (for the boss items). Right now it'd be a ridiculous 6 months roughly for the highmaul part, and 12 months for the brf part.
    I only log on here when I see some very stupid responses, but WTF are you on... it will not take 6 months to do the Highmaul part and 12 months to do the BRF part, THE EXPANSION ISN'T EVEN THAT OLD, so how can that even be true!?!

Thing is, you can go for it passively if you just do the in-between-quests. Only need to run lfr once and you're good to go (for the boss items). Right now it'd be a ridiculous 6 months roughly for the highmaul part, and 12 months for the brf part. However there's been shipyard missions datamined that give 15 and 35 parts, so those would go down to - assuming you did both lfr completely once, and those shipyard missions are weekly - respectively 6 weeks and 14 weeks. Not too shabby for some questing and mostly spamming mission board now and then. Also gives you a nice ring and some cool quests if you're into that. If you don't mind doing lfr, it'll be 3-4 weeks for highmaul part, and 5-6 weeks for brf. So yes, 2.5 months actively, 5 months mostly passively.
    It doesn't even take that long. I know I ran mine every week for Highmaul once LFR was released and finished about a week or two before BRF LFR was released and finished it a couple weeks ago on my main.

Doing it on my alts now because you get anywhere from 2-4 stones per boss instead of one. Sometimes the additional stones are clusters so it's sped up a lot. Haven't got to the BRF part to test it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    As a follower she's not that important. The perk she gives isn't that great as it sounds since most of my missions could already be 100%'ed anyways. I have a feeling she's just gonna be forgotten about after this part of the legendary questline anyway. And I'm going to assume you need to finish this part of the questline to start the next one.
    Eh, I was 100% on all missions too. I got her and she replaced just about someone in every mission so I have a ton of redundant followers. Which means I can just recruit more of other types to fill in spots like Treasure Hunter/Epic Mount, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I haven't started the legendary quest chain yet. Would need to get silver proving grounds first, which is proving to be a pain on my frost mages.
    If you can't manage that, you might be better off not trying the quest. Other than that, you're not missing anything in particular by not having Garona specificially. She can't do anything other Followers can't, she's just better at it.

Thing is, you can go for it passively if you just do the in-between-quests. Only need to run lfr once and you're good to go (for the boss items). Right now it'd be a ridiculous 6 months roughly for the highmaul part, and 12 months for the brf part. However there's been shipyard missions datamined that give 15 and 35 parts, so those would go down to - assuming you did both lfr completely once, and those shipyard missions are weekly - respectively 6 weeks and 14 weeks. Not too shabby for some questing and mostly spamming mission board now and then. Also gives you a nice ring and some cool quests if you're into that. If you don't mind doing lfr, it'll be 3-4 weeks for highmaul part, and 5-6 weeks for brf. So yes, 2.5 months actively, 5 months mostly passively.
    You put your name to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah. I must be a terribad player who is lazy and wants everything handed to him. I probably also keyboard turn. Because any monkey can bang his head against the keyboard and breeze through silver proving grounds. I tried it when I first hit 100 with no outstanding gear beyond quest drops. Got to the last stage and couldn't get past the healer and the amber thrower, etc. Tried several times and decided to work in a different direction for gear.
    I did as frost probably at 595 gear level, the real trick is to learn each wave and if you can kill it in time w/o a cooldown. The pain is all the attempts to learn it. Personally I had to set up which cools I was going to use for waves 3 thru 8 in silver phase (know used hero on 8). Used IV early so it was up again for wave 7.

Flip side did this at same gear level as ret paladin on first try, complete joke when compared to the effort to complete it as a frost mage.

You can completely bypass the silver proving grounds portion until you get enough gear from LFR that you outgear proving grounds. You do not need to do PG to queue for LFR, only to queue for heroic 5 mans.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    I only log on here when I see some very stupid responses, but WTF are you on... it will not take 6 months to do the Highmaul part and 12 months to do the BRF part, THE EXPANSION ISN'T EVEN THAT OLD, so how can that even be true!?!
    You should probably actually read. He said passively: i.e getting stones and runes from missions ONLY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    You put your name to good use.
    The irony given you didn't read the rest of the post where is said passively.

Deleted
    People's reading comprehension has gotten to new lows. Actually reread my post to see if I put everything in it. With passively I mean: do lfr once (for boss items) and 125 or 900 items from work orders and missions ONLY for all the next resets.
    Passively now: roughly 6 months for highmaul part, 12 months for brf.
    Passively in 6.2 assuming shipyard missions are weekly: roughly 6 weeks for highmaul, 14 weeks for brf.

Most of my alts are already something like 50/125 passively, so just gonna keep that up. One time brf lfr in 6.2 won't be end of world, and they'll have Garona before 6.3 probably.

Deleted
    i waste tons of resourses and get her with gold hutnter trait.
    Also its cut like 6 followers from my garrison raid missions for my main so they all get replaced with gold hunters