10+ Year Old Account

Hammerknell Instant Adventure Playtesting

In just over seven hours later today, you can join Dev Tacitus on the Public Test Shard to test out the new Instant Adventure coming set inside the 20-man raid Hammerknell Fortress

There was a test last night but some code got missed that was to make the raid so we all ended up in out own solo IA "raid"

Have to say, was awesome fun soloing Hammerknell, a bit tough, some of the bosses were no push over so it's going to be real interesting to see how they scale up with 20 people.

Anyhow today/tonight, April 22nd, there will be two test runs, one at 2.30pm Pacific Time (9.30pm GMT) and the second one at 4.30pm (11.30pm GMT), come join the fun.

I am scheduling a PTS playtest of Hammerknell IA for 2:30pm and 4:30pm PST on April 22 2015. Each test should last roughly an hour (i.e. 2:30-3:30 and then again 4:30-5:30).

Today's test was missing a critical fix that was supposed to be included. Tomorrow's update should include the fix.

Even if you can't make it to the scheduled test, HK IA will be unlocked after this test to be jumped in at anytime. That said, Hammerknell is tuned a bit more challenging than normal IA - very small groups will have some difficulty if not well-geared.

Hope to see some of you there!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...22-2015-a.html

Oo I thought this was already live last week, and I was just real unlucky in my Qs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Wait...didn't they say this was part of the patch released last week? I don't remember the patch notes saying this was coming later, though admittedly I didn't read them super closely.

So have they announced when it's planned to actually be released?

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah wait it's an IA ? Is this gonna be Rifts version of LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Woah wait it's an IA ? Is this gonna be Rifts version of LFR?
    It's not the raid, per se. Just adventures in the Hammerknell zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's not the raid, per se. Just adventures in the Hammerknell zone.
    I played through it, at present state its harder than LFR in WoW. But I suspect its going to be nerfed heavily. All the bosses were redone specifically for IA's and have a ton of mechanics. Its not like current IA bosses. It is supposed to be harder than the usual IA but I'm pretty sure its not supposed to wipe a raid group of Tier 2 geared testers.

Its very different from any current IA and this is apparently how they want IAs to be from now on. For one its very story driven. The adventures connect and are area based. So for instance you go through all the left wing, then you go back and start the right wing. Finally after doing them all you get the port to Jornaru and Akylios. Those two bosses weren't working last week. There will be more testing this week. Its probably a week or two away from hitting live.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2015-04-27 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    I played through it, at present state its harder than LFR in WoW.
    Is it live yet? Or still just on the PTR.

Because I'm kinda miffed that everything I read indicated that it would go live with 3.2 but we're week after launch and I've still not been able to play it : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is it live yet? Or still just on the PTR.

Because I'm kinda miffed that everything I read indicated that it would go live with 3.2 but we're week after launch and I've still not been able to play it : (
    It will still be part of 3.2 but as I said its still a week or two out. It was supposed to be announced on the stream that it was coming later but the stream was cancelled for that week due to technical issues with their streaming PC. But you will notice its not mentioned in the patch notes nor in the trailer. So its not like they said it was gonna be out at launch. Just that it would be in 3.2. This is not the first time they have staggered content release. Especially because of how complicated it is to get IA's in raids to work. Keep in mind that raids and dungeons are not open world environments. There were alot of problems to getting the IA grouping to work in this environment. Also from Tacitus, the next IA track will be The Adventures of Cosmologist Mann in Tarken Glacier.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of short notice, but there will be a play test of Hammerknell Instant Adventure in just over 4 hours time at 10pm GMT, looks like all the kinks have been ironed out

I am scheduling a new PTS play test of Hammerknell IA for 3:00pm PST on April 28 2015. I will be there and other assorted Trion devs may also be participating. The test should last roughly 2 hours based on previous playthroughs.

The PTS update later today should have retuned boss encounters and a fix in for the respawn after death issues.

It should also have the friendly VO finally
    Sources: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...h-today-3.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...8th-today.html

From right now it looks like its gonna be more like a LFR. So with the bosses health fixed today we got to see all the mechanics and the results were many many deaths. Now some things will be toned down, but the bosses are basically the same as their raid counterparts with a few exceptions (Estrode doesn't do the soul abilities, just class ones, No contracts from Sicaron). So this is vastly different than anything Rift has ever done before. Its very much like LFR in WoW except harder. If you don't pay close attention you will die, probably alot.

That said its clear the rewards are not on par with what they need to be. All of us that were testing have mentioned this, so we will see what Tacitus says but I'd like to see bosses drop at least the pvp gear boxes so people can get expert level gear from these potentially. And maybe a weekly to kill all the bosses with better rewards still (tier 1 raid marks maybe).

Akylios still isn't working in the IA.

While this is definitely a delay, I think the end result will be something that could have a much better impact on the game then just a instant adventure in a raid zone map.

Notes for PTS changes:

I will likely try to schedule another test for tomorrow once we have had a chance to implement changes based on yesterday's test. Things being worked on:

- An engineer is investigating the grouping issues.

- Fellow designer, Icarus, is currently working on the boss fixes/adjustments.

- We are looking to increase the rewards, both increasing currency payouts and also looking at some gear rewards. Maybe even a chase item.

- I already fixed the broken adventure to sabotage constructs (because they were untargetable), increased run speed buff while carrying objectives from 30% to 50%, and a handful of other minor under the hood issues.

- I am going to investigate why Akylios is not happening. So far, I can only repro this on the PTS. It works fine internally. :-/

- I am going to add a portal in the main hall that will take you to where ever the adventures currently are, so that should dramatically decrease the runback time from a death.

- I am just wrapping up 6 additional nonkill adventures (because variety in the rotation is nice).

- And tuning other dmg levels (mobs doing 100 dmg vs lasers doing 16k).
    Shows the direction things are going. Should be a test today (4/30) so keep your eyes on the PTS forum. This test should be getting close(r) to what the live should look like, with increased rewards still to come. Akylios has been fixed along with the grouping issues.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2015-04-30 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Btw can you run this IA on any level (upscale/downscale), since they would only have one IA queue now. Or is it a separate queue just for this one and for max levels?
    Was wondering about xp gains if it was possible for lower levels to take part as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Btw can you run this IA on any level (upscale/downscale), since they would only have one IA queue now.
    Everyone gets 'mentored' up to level 65 for the Hammerknell IA's so everyone from level 10-64 will get 'bolstered' up to level 65.

The way it works is that there's now two options when you click the Instant Adventure for the menu, the random IA anywhere and a separate Hammerknell IA queue button so you can choose to just queue for Hammerknell, it takes about ~2 hours for a full clear from start to finish and it really is like doing a proper level 65 raid