PvP Open Lobby Suggestion

Raiding you can change specs and tailor what you need to an encounter. You know exactly what you're up against and can prepare for it spec, gear and comp wise. Other PvP games like shooters, Starcraft, LoL, DOTA etc you can choose what you want to play to face the opponent every single match. Here you're stuck with the class you levelled and geared. If I wanted to try something else I have to straight up re-level another character to max and grind to regear.

Lobby & Comp Selection
    If it were more like go into an arena/RBG lobby to take turns picking what class/race you want to play, having learnt them all to some extent it would be much more appealing to everyone.

PvP is just a random if-you-have-this-comp you can autowin or autolose while having extreme class/race imbalance while not being able to use your class' abilities

It would SIGNIFICANTLY reduce wait times as well. There's been times where we try to put a group together and sit for half an hour or more waiting on "need x class" for the last spot. If someone who was a 1600 player could play that other requested class decently they can pick it in the lobby and everyone can get going right away

Top Level
    The idea isnt that you have to play ALL classes in order to get to the top. Just like a lot of pros who specialize in Terran only, or ADC main to compete, top rated people will still retain their mains and work with others who main something that compliments them. I've heard every single class being called OP, feral, ret, rogue, warlock, blood DK, frost DK, frost mage etc but if people actually played it there'd be a lot less of going to the ignorant excuse of blaming class over their personal skill

PvP Gear
    PvP gear wise, it would swap to the class you play. If I had a primal gladiator cloth hood slot as a warlock then went to holy pally, it would swap to a primal gladiator plate int helm slot, just like how if you spec changed from ret to holy the mainstat would turn to int from str. This would make PvP gear have an additional benefit on top of PvE gear, which would not swap like if I used a 700 PvE cloth int hood as warlock then picked a DK it would stay as a 680 PvE cloth int hood but scaled down to the PvE gear max.

All the more incentive to PvP fill all your slots but also have a taste of other classes without having to grind to max level and re-PvP gear every single one before being able to try that class which is a massive gate to PvP. People hate it when their main they love doesnt perform the way theyd like it to in PvP and stuck with it so just dont PvP, but could be more than willing to play something else in PvP while not wanting to specifically level and gear that class just for it - and hope future changes doesnt make them obsolete.

As for enchants - just remove them from PvP all together. Everyone having items not enchanted is essentially the same as everyone not having it done. Wouldnt have to bother with different enchants with the class/spec swaps. You can choose the secondaries on your gear in the lobby just like how you choose when you transmog - some dropbox opens up for your available choices

Ratings
    Would be character bound. Having your main at a 1800 rating wouldnt carry over to an alt. Would let you test out other classes and comps on an alt without risk to your main rating and main classes/comps you'd play at a higher level

Each alt you have essentially is just like a new account with their own rating and own gear

"New Content" with less gating
    Essentially new content for players without having to add anything really new to the game. People can just play classes in PvP that they normally could not in PvE unless they full levelled to max, which I would hate to do just to try (x class) to find out I didnt like it. What happens then? Well I just wouldnt PvP = an issue because it should be appealing to PvP when you play this game and spent months levelling.

What if it were a new player who picked shaman, tries PvP and absolutely hated it as a shaman? One less player in PvP as that side of the game is a total loss for him. If he were able to try another class he might actually love it.

Compare this to LoL - what if someone makes a new account and could ONLY play one champion. They find out it's not FOTM, dont have fun with it or isnt desired in comps. Now they'd have to make another LoL account, spend another month to re-level with another character just to try that...

THAT WOULD BE AWFUL. Yet that's what WoW is

Furthermore, I raid on my pally as ret with offspec prot. Both of these arent highly desired in arena/RBG, holy is. If I could just pick holy in the main lobby I'd absolutely play it. Having to respec each week just to PvP then back to raid ISNT appealing at all, so I just dont play anymore on him. I'd absolutely love to try to PvP as rogue or DK, but just dont have it in me to level 2 more characters to 100, having 3 already, just to try them to maybe like playing it, or just hate it therefore wasting a month of my life.

Other Issues
    The proposed IMO brings a lot of appeal into PvP, but some issues still remain:

1. Upon selection keybinds, spec, macros would be a mess when selecting a diff class. Would need some UI support so that similar commonly used abilities would be in the same keybinds, or some interface tailoring prior to getting into the game.

2. PvP ability scaling NEEDS to be changed different from PvE

tl;dr - lobby selection = more players, more options, more balance, more fun
    Last edited by Astynax; 2015-04-22 at 02:29 PM. Reason: formatting