Thread: just got it yay

10+ Year Old Account

just got it yay

voidtalon of the dark star just found the portal like 3 hrs ago

Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-04-23 at 02:09 AM. Reason: BIG IMAGES

congrats and i hate you

There's a trick to getting that mount that can minimize how much time you spend camping. When there's a patch or server restart, the portal will spawn about 90-120 minutes after the servers come up. There's a video on youtube that shows you 15 known locations. Log out toons at each point before the servers go down (if you have enough) and start checking them an hour after the servers come up. If you get to 3 hours, I'd just quit and try again in another 48-72 hours or so ... or wait for another patch/restart. I got the mount on March 24th 90 minutes after the servers came up after the servers were patched. I spent a grand total of 30 minutes hunting the mount, and most of that time was logging in and out of toons! I didn't even server hop to get it.

Don't discount out of the way locations. I found my portal in northern Gorgrond overlooking Blackrock Foundry. An out of the way location compared to the rest. While I was doing my logging in and out, I found others camping the Frostfire Ridge spawn point that was closed to the Bloodmaul Slag Mines flight path as well as a spot in Nagrand in the south west.

Sometimes it pays having an alt army. Also helps to have multiple accounts and merged servers letting you have more than 11 on a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    thik the best spot is in frostfire ridge wheres there 2 portals next to each other .