Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Mega Servers: 10 PvE, 10 PvP, 5 RP & 5 RP-PvP - Many different instances of the same place like other MMOs do.
    - Alterac Valley, Tol Barad, Tol Barad Pennisula & Isle of Conquest are visable in the open world & no longer instanced,
    Battles for AV & IoC last until a Team wins. Old School AV returns!

- Eversong Woods, The Ghostlands, Azuremyst Isle & Bloodmyst Isle are viable & apart of the Open World with Flying Enabled.
    - Silvermoon City is redone & the Exodar is redone, no longer crashed & actually floating & functional.

- Flying in the Open World, Except AV, IoC, Wintetgrasp & Tol Barad.

- Outland leveling zones are now 70 - 80 & Northrend leveling zones are now 80 - 90, The stories & questlines remains the same.

- Cataclysm zones are now level 60 - 70 the stories & questline remain the same.

- Mist of Pandaria leveling zones The stories & questlines remain the same.

- Warlords of Draenor leveling zones the stories & questlines remain the same
    - Garrison never existed & replaced with Karabor / Bladespire Fortress PvE Faction Cities.
    - Stormshield & Warspear are PvP Based Faction cities.
    I really like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    A WoW where people play the damn game instead of crying about everything.
    Sounds like a PEBKAC really.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

the way the game was designed in wotlk. mobs didn't have huge health everywhere, so things were less annoying to do.

there were dailies, there were lots of dungeons, and there were raids, and there was pvp. it was the most glorious time, and i'd love it if future expansions were designed similarly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Perfect WoW prbly be Wrath. I loved Vanilla & TBC, but I feel Wrath had the best balance for PvE & PvP aswell as content for both Casual & Hardcore players.

These are what I would improve it with.

- Seperate Talent Tree System for PvE & PvP (You can choose between Current & Old Talent Trees).
    The Current Talent System would be a basic talent system that is available to those who just want basic system & easy to use.
    The Old Talent system would be the old talent trees that would be tweaked & allow more customization.
    Without being 98% stat boosts, instead it would be about increasing your class abilities. You can save multiple different presets,
    but can only have 2 specs selected.

- Mega Servers: 10 PvE, 10 PvP, 5 RP & 5 RP-PvP - Many different instances of the same place like other MMOs do.
    - Alterac Valley, Tol Barad, Tol Barad Pennisula & Isle of Conquest are visable in the open world & no longer instanced,
    Battles for AV & IoC last until a Team wins. Old School AV returns!

- Eversong Woods, The Ghostlands, Azuremyst Isle & Bloodmyst Isle are viable & apart of the Open World with Flying Enabled.
    - Silvermoon City is redone & the Exodar is redone, no longer crashed & actually floating & functional.

- Flying in the Open World, Except AV, IoC, Wintetgrasp & Tol Barad.

- Outland leveling zones are now 70 - 80 & Northrend leveling zones are now 80 - 90, The stories & questlines remains the same.

- Cataclysm zones are now level 60 - 70 the stories & questline remain the same.

- Mist of Pandaria leveling zones The stories & questlines remain the same.

- Warlords of Draenor leveling zones the stories & questlines remain the same
    - Garrison never existed & replaced with Karabor / Bladespire Fortress PvE Faction Cities.
    - Stormshield & Warspear are PvP Based Faction cities.

- No LFR, instead their would be a raid storyline that would like a opening to the raid (You don't have to do it to enter the Raid, it's just a extra bit of content for those who love story / lore, The storyline would be a 10 - 15 min questline if you rushed through it, but would be filled with story that would explain what is going on & why it is a threat. This quest-line would also have you come up against some of the bosses in the raid & get a taste of what is to come, but they would retreat to the raid after they were defeated. You would come face to face with the Final boss of the raid.

- LFD would pick people on your server over others, but if couldn't find people from your server they would choose from another server.
    A commedation screen would pop up at the end of the dungeon, Only positive votes allowed.

Normal & Heroic Raid Difficulties
    - Normal would be 10 - 30 man Flex based with Cross Realm allowed always
    - Heroic would be a 20 man static raid size with a weeky loot lockout.
    Once the new raid tier releases than it would become a 10 - 30 man Flex & Cross Realm allowed.

Normal & Heroic Dungeon Difficulties
    - Normal Dungeons would be the dungeons you can do as apart of the leveling content.
    - Heroic Dungeons will be a max level version of all dungeons & they will have a seperate storyline compared to their
    normal counterpart & groups will have access to a Diablo style difficulty preset that comes with (Expert, Master, Torment 1 - 6).
    - These presets will not drop gear, but instead drop a currency that the harder the preset the more you get & you can get exclusive
    transmoq sets, toys, pets & mounts that you can only get with this currency. Anyone can get them you just need to acquire anough
    of the currency.
    - You also exchange this currency for Gold & other currencies to free it up if you are capped. The Cap is 50k & 1000 Currency for 1000
    Gold / Other currency.

Normal & Heroic Scenarios Difficulties
    - Normal Scenarios will be apart of the questing experience & apart of the open world. They can be trigger by anyone &
    scale based on the amount of players engaging in the scenario.
    - Heroic Scenarios will be apart of end game & will be present & always apart of the Raid Storylines. World Bosses will be
    apart of these Scenarios & usually be the final encounter of it. They will drop Heroic Dungeon gear which can also be considered entry
    level raid gear.

Class Storylines - Optional Story Quest for those who love story, they will be a optional leveling choice while you are leveling your class.
    Paladin / Warlock Mount & Druid Form questlines return. But you can buy them from your class trainer if you want to skip them.

These are some of the things I would do to improve WoW.
    #GiveThisGuyAMedal.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Here's a thought experiment

Let's remove PTR and all external website information. Throw it back into the Dark Ages of WoW, before anyone could google up the boss fights and go through a step-by-step guide. Maybe that will actually prolong the lifespan of raids without artificial gating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    WoD, plus the Vp/JP system form previous expacs, with a 3x longer levelling process and no wowtoken.

(I quit because I don't play pay2win games.)

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Add
    More emphasis on 5 mans (Wrath model would work great)
    More stuff to do in outside world (Shamelessly rip off other games if devs can't come up with any good ideas)
    Valor/Justice would return
    Short and skippable attunement quests, Offering mostly Story but a little bit of gear
    Free server transfers with a small cooldown (Week or two)
    Class Specific quests (Rogues would collect new poisons, Hunters new quivers, Mages new spells, warlocks new pets)
    Item upgrades
    Gradual nerfs to instances(With option to turn them off)
    Reforging and Item Upgrades

-Remove
    Arenas
    Mythic difficulty that hardly anyone participates in
    Most of the emphasis on raiding
    Apexis shit
    A lot of emphasis on Garrisons (Would still have followers and be customizable by players, but it would be truly optional)
    Pandaren

Also a moderated community where shitposting like this gets the player exiled.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

i like that free server transfer idea. my old warrior, second oldest character i have, is stuck on my old dead server. too broke to bring her to her rightful home

Deleted
    I would pretty much redesign the battle system to action - sort of like in Tera or Mount & Blade or whatever.
    Add more variety to the quests. Not just kill that, bring that, do that. A quest should be a challenge.
    Improve difficulty of the game. Epic / legendary gear should be a reward for something really cool.

I think that's all for now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    -Add
    More emphasis on 5 mans (Wrath model would work great)
    More stuff to do in outside world (Shamelessly rip off other games if devs can't come up with any good ideas)
    Valor/Justice would return
    Short and skippable attunement quests, Offering mostly Story but a little bit of gear
    Free server transfers with a small cooldown (Week or two)
    Class Specific quests (Rogues would collect new poisons, Hunters new quivers, Mages new spells, warlocks new pets)
    Item upgrades
    Gradual nerfs to instances(With option to turn them off)
    Reforging and Item Upgrades

-Remove
    World of warcraft.
    Do i get this right?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Do i get this right?
    If WoW is nothing to you but mythic raiding then yeah
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    High end raiding being extremely difficult
    Middle end raiding being difficult but doable
    Low end game raiding being easier than middle, but alot harder than LFR
    LFR ofc
    Valor system and a catch up system every major patch. Kinda like WOTLK. Balanced PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    If WoW is nothing to you but mythic raiding then yeah
    Raiding aint fun if it isnt at its hardest lvl i dont mind removing Mythic but then make Heroic harder.

Deleted
    Remove PvP from the game completely.

Kind of need a decent amount of good content for that to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Raiding aint fun if it isnt at its hardest lvl i dont mind removing Mythic but then make Heroic harder.
    Sounds good to me. As long as the game emphasis goes from 'Raiding with strangers' back to 'Adventures with friends'.

Maxlvl Q content. Slowpaced, moderetly difficult, and with lots of RP. This whould make wow so much more awesome imo.

A zone with maxlvl content. With elite Qs. With quest bosses that actually has you dodging abilites. With mobs that will kill you if you just zerg pull mobs.
    Think of it a little bit like ordon sanctuary on timeless isle. That place was awesome imo. No longer could you ride into camp and aoe shit down with 2 spells. youa ctually pulled with caution. I miss that.
    The campaign Qlines shouldve imo all have been like that. A pve Qesting progression content, an adventure!

Perfect WoW force all the no content players to play TBC only for 2 years doing only Kara. When they get back to WoW poke the fuck out of them with a long stick while they huddle in the corner happy to be back in their garrison.

A perfect WoW for me would consist of:
    - Accurate scale world (larger towns, regions/zones, cities, extra NPC activity)
    - Realistic subraces
    - Additional content in vanilla zones

Lots of other things mentioned in this thread.