Cool Discussion on Proven Assailant

Fury Warrior, about 615 ilv, I was told to equip lower end gear to reduce my ilv so the scaling makes it eaiser( ie chest legs weapons) And I'm still getting fucked over by RnG, and I also don't know when to blow CDs or anything else, can someone who KNOWS WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABOUT please give me some knowledge and details.

Deleted
    Playing fury with 615 ilvl seems like a really bad idea, you should go Arms or play with a higher ilvl gear if you absolutely want to run fury
    For your cds the best advice i could give you is to do a run with no cds, see what wave is hard/tight and then plan your cds/zerk use wave by wave
    It should also allow you not to underuse your cds , you can also change your talents beetween waves (for example go bladestorm for a wave and before the last one go avatar to burst the sha down)
    From my experience proving grounds is mostly about planning cds and what you'll do (order,aoe or single target...), not something you should try to brainlessly bruteforce

Just a thought, fury only gets better and better as we scale up in gear, wouldn't the damage boost for a fury outweigh the mob scaling or no? or would it depend on how high of an ilvl you can get? but all I know is I'd rather play 690ilvl vs 690ilvl mobs than fury at 615ilvl, the loss of crit would make enrage procs horrible.

Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I decided I have to be arms because RnG makes me finish with about 5 seconds left when i should have 10 15 because im sitting for 4 seconds with no buttons to press, and even is costing me easy rounds that ive passed to fail on, I'll try both of those things and post again thanks

fury right now is just a stupid slot machine. 6 bloodthirsts in a row without a SINGLE crit.

and im ilv690 with 25% base crit

Play Gladiator for Proven Assailant. It is hilariously easy. Thunderclap for Deep Wounds on everything and then proceed to enjoy the decent sized cleave ranged on Heroic Strike.

I did the endless 30 as fury. The key is to use your cooldowns perfectly and that you know all of the 10 rounds in the right order without thinking too much about it. Use ravager, bladestorm and stormbolt. Use ravager about 2 seconds before the next round starts so that the cd will be ready for the next round. to do this you have to know where all enemies spawn. if you wait until the enemies have spawned you will have trouble to effectively use ravager. Also try to get many enemies into the ember so that they receive more dmg.

I used reckless on round 4 and 10.

I had the most trouble with round 8 where i would use my on use trinket scabbard. Furthermore i tried to do the 30 rounds with my full raid gear and failed due to the rng of bt procs and crits. After i switched to an ilvl about 640 to 645 it was way easier and smoother. In fact i got it the very first time i switched to the lower gear. For gear i used 2 crafted armor pieces with perfect stats and the crafted skull trinket (didnt have tectus trinket), the 665 axe from furnace and alot blue items .

edit
    i used almost the same tactics that you can see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28NpOXVZ-E8

the last ten rounds are in normal speed.
    Last edited by Koboldius; 2015-04-23 at 07:06 PM.

The only issue I'm having is RnG. I'll get to wave 13 sometimes, and sometimes ill fail on wave 2 cause i didn't get a single RB. It's so frustrating that this class, which I've mained since vanilla, is so broken and blizzard doesn't give a single crap lol

The first 3 rounds are the easiest rounds and you normally shouldnt have problems with them. For round 3 place ravanger in the middle just before the rounds starts and use bladestorm right after it. Try to hit as many rabbits as possible and move with one of the monkeys to the outside. By then one monkey should already be dead before he reaches the outside. Throw stormbolt to the second monkey and after he dies finish off the rabbits in the middle. If you dont get hit by the bananas you should have plenty of time until the next round.

You wrote that you have an ilvl of 615. As far as i know the minimum ilvl the enemies scale down to is 630. That means if you use an ilvl of 615 the enemies still have their health scaled to an ilvl of 630 making everything unnecessary harder for you. So only use items with at least 630 item level. I think i used 2 items under 630 (620 pvp items) but that wasnt optimal.

As i said i found it alot easier with an lower ilvl compared to an ilvl of lets say 680 even with the lower crit chance. Blizz most likely scaled the hp of the monsters with the higher crit chance in mind making it worse if you dont crit with a higher ilvl. Or i just had luck on the one try with lower ilvl. But i finished every round some seconds earlier so i doubt it
    Last edited by Koboldius; 2015-04-24 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    Go Prot, without Gladiator and spec Ravager = gold endless 10 with no issues.

also take Bloodbath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone to 88th wave on my warrior (rank 2 world)-> http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/neptulon/Odinn

I did it as gladiator stance warrior with Bloodbath, Dragon Roar and obviously Gladiator's Resolve as my talents of choice.

If you would like specific help about wave and strategic use of cds just tell me.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    gold endless 10

... What? There's Gold 10, and then there's endless. Gold 10 is a literal joke. (Not that endless 30 is any harder)

You may be able to game the system, like you did in MoP with socket gear, by not equipping certain low-budget items to decrease your ilvl significantly. Rings, necks, cloaks.. Also, trinkets that are released in later content are MUCH more potent than their earlier released counterparts, even when scaled back to 630 (HfC > BRF > HM > H Dungeons). So run the best gear you can find + best trinkets and forgo wearing rings, neck, cloak, and bracers.

That is unless blizz fixed not wearing gear decreasing enemy HP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Go Prot, without Gladiator and spec Ravager = gold endless 10 with no issues.

also take Bloodbath.

I did to 22 as protection (not glad). Can only manage 10-18 as Fury.

Balanced Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    You may be able to game the system, like you did in MoP with socket gear, by not equipping certain low-budget items to decrease your ilvl significantly. Rings, necks, cloaks.. Also, trinkets that are released in later content are MUCH more potent than their earlier released counterparts, even when scaled back to 630 (HfC > BRF > HM > H Dungeons). So run the best gear you can find + best trinkets and forgo wearing rings, neck, cloak, and bracers.

That is unless blizz fixed not wearing gear decreasing enemy HP.

The best way to cheese it would be to go glad and equip high ilevel bonus armour gear and minimise everything else to 600-615. Similar to healers stacking high spirit and minimising their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    ... What? There's Gold 10, and then there's endless. Gold 10 is a literal joke. (Not that endless 30 is any harder)
    That's all down to perspective. To someone else 1-60 is a joke and to another 1-100 is a joke. It all comes down to knowing the waves and how thorough your strategy becomes. Very little of it is skilful so much as a time commitment + RNG. And generally just memorising the waves & mechanics.

I'd recommend playing arms. Also fury at 615ilvl sounds like a critless nightmare. I passed 30 Waves endless with arms at around 650-660ilvl (from memory). This was a few months ago. I've done endless 30 on a couple of characters and definitely find that getting 30+ waves endless is far easier when you play a class/spec with a dot/s. For me that meant taking taste for blood, keeping rend up on all the things, and taking it from there. In terms of other talents I took Dragon's roar, Bladestorm and ravager. Anger management just made it too hard to manage cds as wave you have exactly 1min to clear Anger Management screwed my ability to line up cds when I needed them.

For waves where there are multiple enemies the first thing I would do is get rend up as quick as possible, get the bleed rolling then focus things down whirlwinding to burn excess rage. Once you've had a couple of goes you'll figure out how much a full length rend will do to a mob, so you can rend one at the start then run off and hit something else knowing that when you come back to that first mob you may only need to apply rend again in order for it to die etc.
    For the 'big' single target mobs (eg. wave 9) make sure you apply/re-apply rend just before the shield drops, and hold colossus smash off for when the shields down and then go nuts.
    Anyway take it all with a grain of salt. It worked for me in any case.