Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    yeah... its not like terrorists that fundamentally hate Jewish people are flying planes into buildings or anyth...
    Still not a good reason to be a bigot. I can name lots of atrocities by every race. Not to mention the Israeli govt isn't helping the issues...
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-04-23 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It seems in Australia, Jews are much easier to criticize. Our media isn't as "owned" by Jews as many other countries. I "could" walk down the street and say "Fuck jews" and not much would really happen. Though if I said "Fuck Islam" people would get their panties in a twist and start preaching at me about Islamaphobia.

Not saying I would do either, just that it seems Islam has got a much bigger free pass at not being criticized in Aus than Jews.
    Ah damn I did the frikkin Australia <-> Austria switcheroo again...
    I wasn't even aware that people were so pro islam in australia of all places. I figured you guys would the furthest removed from all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Still not a good reason to be a bigot. I can name lots of atrocities by every race. Not to mention the Israeli govt isn't helping the issues...
    When was the last time Christians went on a crusade?

Because muslims and jews bomb each other nigh daily.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    True. Basically people are violent evil things. Is what you will get from reading any history book.

With a few exceptions here and there.
    Fixed that for you.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    When was the last time Christians went on a crusade?

Because muslims and jews bomb each other nigh daily.
    And they're both idiots for it. However, I'm not going to demonize religion for what is more of a regional political conflict with some religious undertones.

If it was never actually said, somebody probably has a case for slander.

That is the textbook definition of hate speech. It is a call for violence against a specific group. This is illegal and whoever allowed this should be fired. Hate speech is explicitly not protected under free speech. Hate speech is a really fucking watered down word that people try to pin on lots of stuff, but this is real hate speech by the literal definition.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2015-04-23 at 04:46 AM.

not all speech is created equal, at least not for rubbish ads.

Well considering it's a political statement about Hamas and not actual incitement it's not surprising the court allowed it.

P.S. I didn't know Hamas had MTV.

yeah... its not like terrorists that fundamentally hate Jewish people are flying planes into buildings or anyth...
    That happened ONE TIME!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ah damn I did the frikkin Australia <-> Austria switcheroo again...
    I wasn't even aware that people were so pro islam in australia of all places. I figured you guys would the furthest removed from all of it.
    It's not really like that. It's certainly possible that Jewish/Israeli issues are less prominent here because we have a very small Jewish community (if you'd even call it that).

In reality, Australia is fairly anti-Israel because it's viewed as incendiary American foreign policy, and that's held in low regard here. On the topic of Islam, Australia is pretty... divided. Cronulla wasn't that long ago (those people were bogans... um... I guess the American equivalent is "trailer trash"), also we had a nasty string of gang rapes at the hands of Lebanese youths in Sydney a little before that.

Australians are generally liberal so intolerance is frowned upon, but some of these events have been hard to ignore. Plus we get radical Imams and home grown terrorists occasionally and that increases the tensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The poster is a bit out of place. It would make more sense in Paris, Marseille, Malmo, London, etc. NYC has a low percent Muslim.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-04-23 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    The poster is a bit out of place. It would make more sense in Paris, Marseille, Malmo, London, etc. NYC has a low percent Muslim.
    It's not aimed at Muslims. It's aimed at bolstering anti-Islam sentiment among American right-wingers.

This is the bunch behind the ad.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    It's not aimed at Muslims. It's aimed at bolstering anti-Islam sentiment among American right-wingers.

"Islamization of America". Yeah, that's a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ya I know that's my point. It wants to bolster pro-Isreal sentiment which is more of an issue in Europe. I guess they are affraid of losing US support. What is Hillary's stance?

Also, right wingers in NYC? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How the buck are we supposed to ignore religion when the add has fucking jihad and jews in it?

Jeez.
    You make the thread about the intended subject, which is freedom of speech. If this thread had been started about religion the thread would have allready been closed.

yeah, New York, that bastion of extreme right wingers.

Its pretty obvious that our #1 'ally' in the middle east is not Israel, it is Saudi Arabia, the source of modern radical Islam.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware that Jews were their primary targets or that Jews were the only people killed on 9/11. But now that you mention it, Jews do run the world, so it makes sense that the World Trade Center would have been staffed exclusively by them. Thank you for educating me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It always comes full circle with pro-Israel arguments like that.
    lol, I wouldn't exactly consider the "Jews run the world" sentiment to be particularly pro-Israel.

can they put a signs for all religions/cultures that are just like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Also, right wingers in NYC? lol
    In a city the size of NYC, even a minority is a damn lot of people.

About 17% of New Yorkers voted Republican in the 2014 gubernatorial election and that 17% is more than 4 million people in the MSA/CSA.

Not to mention people who work in NYC and live elsewhere or people visiting/passing through.
    Last edited by Masark; 2015-04-23 at 06:02 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

In a city the size of NYC, even a minority is a damn lot of people.

About 17% of New Yorkers voted Republican in the 2014 gubernatorial election and that 17% is more than 4 million people in the MSA/CSA.

Not to mention people who work in NYC and live elsewhere or people visiting/passing through.
    I can only imagine the subliminal effect this will have on their minds. Soon they will be loyal to Mossad /s
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-04-23 at 07:01 AM.