Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hoping for Rand Paul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Jeb seems to be the presumptive candidate, I think Walker has enough energy behind him to win though, Bush will probably look pretty dull and weak at the debates.
    Walker's "energy" needs to start manifesting in some fashion beyond campaign fraud, sucking up to the Kochs, and failing to answer questions, or he's going to be this election's Tim Pawlenty.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Jeb seems to be the presumptive candidate, I think Walker has enough energy behind him to win though, Bush will probably look pretty dull and weak at the debates.

Rand Paul easily the best candidate in the whole field though. If you want a candidate who will end the drug war, your best bet no matter where on the spectrum you are is to vote in the primary and the main election for Rand. Hillary won't do it, Jeb won't do it, and Walker won't do it. (Biden might though if he could build some momentum)
    Isn't drugs one of the things Rand Paul flip flopped on and now he is supposedly against it?

Do forgive me, I don't actually know what Rand Paul stands for anymore since he seems to have reversed his opinion on everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rand Paul is not fit to be Prez.

He dances to what ever tune he can to get votes. . . . hes nothing like his father. He's random WashingtonWorker#1234589372.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Rand Paul is not fit to be Prez.

He dances to what ever tune he can to get votes. . . . hes nothing like his father. He's random WashingtonWorker#1234589372.
    His father was nothing like his father when he ran for president either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Isn't drugs one of the things Rand Paul flip flopped on and now he is supposedly against it?

Do forgive me, I don't actually know what Rand Paul stands for anymore since he seems to have reversed his opinion on everything.
    "Paul was one of three U.S. senators in 2015 to introduce a bipartisan bill, CARERS, that would legalize medical marijuana under federal law"

Chokshi, Niraj. "Sens. Booker, Gillibrand and Paul unveil federal medical marijuana bill". Washington Post. Retrieved 25 April 2015.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are some good contenders in the GOP field and I'm excited to see which ones can survive.

Sen. Cruz, however, will hopefully not be one of them. Dumber than a sack of nails. He just tried to blame the failed policies of Bush on Obama (what a shock). Here is the article:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ama-2008-crash

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting piece from CNN on how campaign finance laws encourage Jeb Bush to postpone any announcements that he is officially running for President, so that he can stuff his super-PAC piggy-bank to the brim, first:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/politi...uper-pac-rule/
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Interesting piece from CNN on how campaign finance laws encourage Jeb Bush to postpone any announcements that he is officially running for President, so that he can stuff his super-PAC piggy-bank to the brim, first:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/politi...uper-pac-rule/
    Yeah, a lot of the candidates are doing this, but Bush has really made an art form out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, are we starting these already?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Oh dear, are we starting these already?
    Having the thread lets me pretend that Bush v. Clinton isn't nigh-inevitable.

I mean really, if we're only gonna have election threads when they're relevant they might as well be perma stickies.

I'm sure there will be a sticky when the actual elections are closer.

In any case, I /facepalm every day when I think about how divided this country is. There is not only 1 right way to do something, and there are not only 2 solutions (the dem or the rep solutions). Basically, I wish every single candidate was more moderate and could work with all parties to get things done in a way that pleased everyone somewhat. Might not make everyone 100% happy, but it would make everyone agree that it's better than making half the country upset.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    "GOP Prosecutor Defends Scott Walker Criminal Probe, Says "Let's Get the Truth Out"
    Two career prosecutors--one a Republican, one a Democrat--just called Scott Walker a liar, and not a single national newspaper took notice.

The comments came after Walker, an unannounced candidate for president, used an appearance on an Iowa radio show to publicly attack a bipartisan criminal investigation into his campaign as a "political witch hunt" with the aim of "trying to intimidate people."

The Special Prosecutor leading the probe, Francis Schmitz--a Republican who voted for Walker in 2012--fired back, stating, "these recent allegations are patently false."

"His description of the investigation as a 'political witch hunt' is offensive when he knows that the investigation was authorized by a bipartisan group of judges and is directed by a Republican Special Prosecutor appointed at the request of a bipartisan group of district attorneys," Schmitz said.

Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm, a Democrat whose office initiated the probe, added that, "Stripped of niceties, Mr. Schmitz is saying the governor is deliberately not telling the truth."

Then, the prosecutors threw down the gauntlet.

Schmitz called upon the Governor "to join me in seeking judicial approval" to release sealed documents "which would be responsive to the allegations that have been made." Chisholm agreed: "the truth is always a defense, so let's get the truth out in a legal manner, not through lies, distortions and misrepresentations."

Huckabee is in. The car gets another clown.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Huntsman is a definite no to running?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder with some of these candidates...it seems like it's one of these options:
    1) Their ego is so large they honestly think they can win the race, or the numbers support they could win. Jeb Bush would be exhibit A for this.
    2) They are trying to cash in on the publicity, either by making bank on donations or the speaking/book/pundit roles you get after. Sarah Palin would be exhibit A for this.
    3) They are trying to move the political conversation and are running as an ideological stance rather than an honest compaign. Bernie Sanders would be exhibit A for this.

I honestly don't see why you'd get in the race otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Huckabee is in. The car gets another clown.
    Women should control libido rather than rely on Uncle Sugar. (Jan 2014)
    Homosexuality is a sin the same as heterosexual lust. (Dec 2013)
    If GOP abdicates on gay marriage, they lose guys like me. (Oct 2014)
    Supreme Court can't allow gay marriage all by itself. (Oct 2014)
    Address gay behavior if problematic, not gay attitudes. (Jun 2007)
    Gay tolerance reflects lack of fixed societal standards. (Jun 2007)
    Respect gay couples but no gay adoptions. (Jan 2007)
    Signed legislation outlawing same-sex marriage in Arkansas. (Dec 2006)
    No civil unions; only one-man-one-woman marriage. (Nov 2002)

Corporate taxes are stupid; they just get embedded in prices. (Nov 2008)
    Wal-Mart is case study in genius of American marketplace. (Jan 2007)

Drug education fails; drug punishment works. (Jun 2007)
    Stricter penalties for drug-related crimes. (Nov 2002)
    More federal funding for all aspects of Drug War. (Aug 2000)

Don't allow kids to listen to toxic music like Beyonce. (Jan 2015)
    Supports traditional marriage and covenant marriage. (Nov 2008)
    Marriage relationship between one man, one woman, for life. (Sep 2007)

Fight terror with CIA and small quick strikes. (Nov 2008)
    No draft, but mandatory one-year civilian service by age 26. (Nov 2008)

No “sexual orientation” in Employment Non-Discrimination Act. (Sep 2007)

what a nut job

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    what a nut job
    Huckabee as a much of a shot at the White House as Orlong does.

kids these days and their toxic music