Deleted

If LFR would be more like Random HC's

Legendary quests already works in a way that if you repeatedly kill the same boss even on different difficulties, you won't get credit for them except of your first kill of the week.

but what if you could run LFR every single time without a lockout just like Random Heroics?

it would be like doing Random heroics where you try to get gear and run again and again.

Would you like this or dislike this?

the idea came up because i recently joined a pretty high-end progressive guild who wants to begin doing mandatory alt raids for do split raids in 6.2

since i did not care for alt gear ilvl they always been 100 just for garrison and now i think like i proly could join mandatory heroic alt run easily with atleast full LFR gear.

How would you feel about it? it would also be a great way of earning some runes and you still get gold after each kill and technically i believe faster queues as people might re-run the same bosses for that specific loot.

I would loathe it. I already can't bring myself to LFR on anything but my tank because of fucking terrible queue times as dps.

I would prefer they don't do this.

If Blizz wants it to be a raiding tourist mode, it should have similar restrictions to raiding - weekly lockout. If it's meant to be a progression path for people to get gear because they either can't or don't want to dedicate the time to normal+ raiding, then it should have similar characteristics to other end-game progression. Normal+ raiding has a weekly lockout. Rated PVP has a weekly conquest cap. You only get cache quests every two weeks.

Its all designed to keep people playing longer. We already get posts on the official forums fivedays after content launches that the LFR raiders are bored and need new content. Removing a weekly loot lockout would just lower this to two days.

As for collecting runes, etc, it's a carrot on a stick to incentivize people to actually play regularly. Letting a person cram 900 runestones into one week just because they can will result in people whining about nothing to do earlier. These quests are not difficult, they are time consuming. Removing the time consuming part would devalue the whole experience.

So no. I hope they do not change LFR lockouts to heroic dungeon style non-lockouts. I understand it sucks to be behind on the quests on alts, but this would just result on progression raiders feeling obligated to grind the rings out on alts (this would be optional and not mandatory, but you know full well people would do it and complain about it), and the people who don't raid would get their rings done in two weeks then bitch about having nothing to do.

Wouldn't work well. Would Mean a lot of casual players would run through it too many times in too short time.
    result of that would be them going to the forums, complaining about how terrible lfr is to do 20 times in row, and that they have nothing to do.

The droprate on lfr is higher than it is in real raids too, so you already get the gear pretty fast in there. you CAN be unlucky, of course.
    But if you have lvl 100 alts, they have a fair bit of lvl 645 pieces at the very least, from doing the missions that provides that. Also, you should have 10 coins to roll with. The time spent to gear it up in lfr seems pretty worthless compared to just run HC with the others. You just need a few of the mythic geared to carry all the rest of you through, the first week. After that you all have gear enough.
    Crafted items, or just old boes from HM, should be plenty for it.

Outside of how it negatively would impact a lot of players, i don't care about it at all. Personally it wouldn't change a thing for me.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    This would end badly.

That said, when trying to gear alts who have crappy LFR drop luck, I could see this being useful.

Maybe buy a LFR lock reset with GR? LOL, I shouldn't say that. Yup, forget I said that.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want it to work that way from the beginning, but if they wanted to change HM/BRF LFR's to not have a loot lockout as an alternate method for people to gear up in 6.2 I wouldn't have a problem with that.