Easy updateable and free to use photo gallery for websites?

Hey folks,

I'm doing a SLP (Service learning project) in class this semester. One of the last things I need to finish is adding a photo gallery page to the site. I've been struggling to find a way to do it that doesn't require the client to edit the html themselves. One way is using a script with a photobucket account, but I'm not a fan of the way their slider looks.

Does anyone have good suggestions/alternatives on what I can use?

Requirements:
    Easy to update photos in the gallery, hopefully through either some drag and drop procedure or by connecting a script on the page to another photo hosting site, and then simply having the client upload photos to that account. Photobucket is probably the most popular. I looked into Flickr but it requires a yahoo account and thats just a bit too much bloat for me. I don't want my client to have to bother remembering passwords for random things like that when it should just be a simple account user name/password.

Could probably cook up something with jQuery. There's a shit ton of slideshow plugins available, used in combination with some sort of http upload plugin, tied into a user database/folder structure with PHP or ASP, whatever you're using.

I could probably do one up, but that'd kill the fun for you :P and as the saying goes "if you're good at something never do it for free"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.