Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

How do I beat Chromaggus?

Self-explanatory thread title is self-explanatory.

Seriously, how do I beat him? I've tried control (he has minions that benefit hugely from spells), I've tried Rogue Mill, Druid Fatigue, Face Hunter, Zoo Lock, Mid-range Paladin... what do I do? How do I beat this guy? I try rushing him down but he has TONS of armor spells and just shrugs it off until I run out of steam. If I try to do a long game, he puts out a ton of big minions and smashes my face in.

And I'm just talking Normal. There's no way I'd ever be able to beat this guy on Heroic.

I used a face hunter deck. Got him on my first try.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a few tries too (hardest boss for me so far in the expansion). I finally beat him with a Feign Hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I beat him with zoo. I used this deck.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/23537...gus-zoo-normal

Mulligan for a 1 drop so you have the early advantage. Play just like any zoo deck, using your minions for control. The nice key with this version is you can use cards like Soulfire and such to save you the trouble of having to play Chromag's spells by discarding them for your added effects.

It took me only three tries with this deck. The first two were just really crappy draws.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    I beat him with my midrange hunter trap deck the second time. I did get a green card at the beginning, so I held onto it at the beginning, it is not like I was going to be doing any serious damage to him. Then I slowly got one underneath him and the game ended up easily beat him.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    I used a face hunter deck. Got him on my first try.
    Same here.

I used a priest for the first one, facehunter for the 2 after and priest for last again.

Eww, people use Hunter decks?
    I used Dragon Paladin with heals and cost reductions.
    It went rather well, actually. I got it down on the first try. This being normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I beat him with zoo. I used this deck.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/23537...gus-zoo-normal

Mulligan for a 1 drop so you have the early advantage. Play just like any zoo deck, using your minions for control. The nice key with this version is you can use cards like Soulfire and such to save you the trouble of having to play Chromag's spells by discarding them for your added effects.

It took me only three tries with this deck. The first two were just really crappy draws.
    Thank you. Apparently I build shitty Zoo decks. This worked perfectly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ramp makes him Faceroll. Got him on Heroic with a Druid Ramp. Think of it this way, you have enough mana to do what you want AND get the poo cards out of your hand.
    Also, prioritize cards. Especially in Heroic, don't worry about eliminating Green until you are ready to push. Black is borderline a buff since you can mill him a bit. Blue and Bronze are the biggest threats with Red being next priority. If you can get an early Emperor Balance out there with innervates and such, gg. Chrommagus down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    any fast aggro deck rolls over chrommagus , beat it with zoo , paladin and again with face huntard for fun

Deleted
    Beat him without any problem using my Handlock deck. Figured all the cards he puts in your hand would actually be helpful since you have Giants and Twilight Drakes that benefit from having more cards in hand. Also beat him in heroic with Handlock, took me a few tries but eventually did it.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-04-24 at 12:45 PM.

I used a variation of a death rattle shaman with far sight. I was able to far sight into Sylvanas and had re-incarnate in hand and KT next turn.

Ive beat him twice... first with Zoo then I actually used an Aggro Warrior deck too.

Anything rushy seems to work really really well in this wing.

Infact ive used zoo on all 4 bosses and beaten them all (except Nefarian) on the first try.

Deleted
    I used a variant Mech Mage with Gazlowe, Auctioneer and Antonidas so I could use the 1 mana spells he gives me to benefit myself

Beat him 1st try with Midrange Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Self-explanatory thread title is self-explanatory.

Seriously, how do I beat him? I've tried control (he has minions that benefit hugely from spells), I've tried Rogue Mill, Druid Fatigue, Face Hunter, Zoo Lock, Mid-range Paladin... what do I do? How do I beat this guy? I try rushing him down but he has TONS of armor spells and just shrugs it off until I run out of steam. If I try to do a long game, he puts out a ton of big minions and smashes my face in.

And I'm just talking Normal. There's no way I'd ever be able to beat this guy on Heroic.
    Mage Deck with Sorceror's apprentice, mirror entity, and mana addicts. Since he is giving you free spells the mana wyrm also excels at this as well.

Deleted
    I spent some hours on chromaggus heroic, at last he was bugged / incapacitated (not totally but enough) by kel'thuzad + annoyotron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The zoolock deck I was linked worked really well because it had Succubi, Doomguards, and Soul Fires. The 'random discard' threw away the crappy 'help your opponent' cards that I kept getting nearly every time.

Normal's easy enough, go Mage with Mana Wyrms, Mana Addicts, Flamewakers and the spell cost-reducing Gnome I forgot the name of, Duplicate doesn't hurt either. Doesn't work on heroic though ... at least not without absolutely perfect RNGesus in the card draw department.

Heroic I got down eventually with a Fatigue Druid altered with some Wild Growths to get out of early game, took multiple attempts and near perfect draws to stabilise though.

Pretty basic mech mage worked great kept a good board of creatures and would use fireballs for better trades worked great for me. Nefarion is a much tougher fight in my opinion 30 health 30 armor along with 10 mana from the get go and getting your class spells it can suck. I barely made it through with my control warrior the cards Ragnaros gives you help a lot but if luck is not with you it may not help. I made it through with only 1 hp for a lot of the match because luckily he didn't get any mortal strike cards.