Deleted

Challenge mode help

Heya I've recently got my DK to 100 and gearing it specifically for selling gold CMS.
    Was wondering a few things, what glyphs should I use? Some say use the vamp glyph/dark sim/absorb magic?
    Defile VS breath?
    What's the stat prio ? Bonus armor>Multistrike>Mastery? I've seen others prio crit over mastery? Thoughts?

Hello Nimiane, I got 8/8 gold with my blood dk a few weeks ago and although I have no experience trying to carry someone through a gold CM I will try to help.

For glyphs I used Regenerative Magic, Blood Boil and Outbreak as my baseline. I replaced either RM or BB with Icy Touch if we did not have a purge, and would replace BB with Dark Sim in Slag Mines, Auchi and Burial Grounds.

Always pick Defile over BoS, BoS is a cleave/single target ability and almost every pull in CMs is a large trash pull. There might be some advantage to keeping a second spec with BoS for certain bosses, But it was not necessary for me.

If you are going to carry someone you need every bit of DPS you can get, in that Case BA > MS > Crit will really pump your damage, but at the same time you will have a harder time staying alive. My advice is to just go for the BA-MS pieces and MS-Crit Pieces, but have some MS-MA pieces to throw on if you are having a hard time keeping yourself up.

Also you can start the CM wait 2 minute for reset CD, then very quickly cast Army of the Dead->Reset CM->Start CM and have army off CD. This was useful for the first pull in Bloodmaul and Everbloom.

I've done a handful of carries in Wod to feed my gold spending habit, and many of the people we carry do less than 15k overall dps. I say this to give insight to where I'm coming from, not trying to measure epeen. This is going to be heavily coated in personal opinion, and I don't have any world times and haven't done nearly as many carries as other more experienced dks, so all of this is subject to me being terrible. Wall of text inc.

The gold timers on all of the instances are actually pretty relaxed, and dps is almost never an issue unless you have multiple deaths on a boss or you are carrying a shockadin for some reason. With that in mind, I play my dk to be more defensive, focusing on keeping the run going rather than speeding everything up. Here's the ideas I base my gearing decisions around:

1- Pull the correct mobs
    2- Control the mobs if necessary
    3- Stay alive
    4- Perform the mechanics of the pull
    5- Avoid oh-shit moments. they don't look good to buyers, don't feel good to play through, and don't help you make gold timer
    6- (most important) Avoid resetting the instance. Every reset is 1/8'th of your run down the drain

Keeping that in mind, for glyphs I run icy touch, brez, and dsim. Icy touch allows me to take care of purges that my dps may not have noticed. Brez reduces the possible number of globals my healer gets a rez in from ~3 to less than one (this works towards reducing "oh shit" moments). Dark Sim is massively overpowered, so glyph it and double how op you are.

On the topic of talents, Breath is actually really really strong. Every blood dk that takes CMs seriously will have two blood specs, one with defile and one with breath. Learn to play with it and you should notice that your damage during lust skyrockets.

For stat priority, stack bonus armor>>multistrike>mastery. If your group really needs you to do more damage to get the timer, then kick your dps because they aren't doing their job. Seriously, timers aren't tight this expansion. Also, vengeance isn't a mechanic. Tanks still do dps, but stacking offensive stats doesn't do nearly as much as it did in MoP. If there is a particular instance your group struggles with, do a charity gold carry for someones friend, have them take off their trinkets/unbind their crowd control spells, and get the pulls down. The reasoning I value mastery after multi is that it breaks healer reliance. If my healer doesn't have to heal me, then there are other things they can focus on, meaning the run is cleaner and less likely to be a reset.

The army reset tricks are certainly useful, but for me its more trouble than its worth. The way my group does pulls, army at the very start of the instance just messes up the first pull's position more than anything. The strats your group ends up doing may mean army-reset is much more potent, so its good to keep in mind.