Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Telltale to do a Marvel Game... *Sigh*

http://www.pcgamer.com/marvel-and-te...-partnered-up/

The latest IP to be sold onto Telltale's fad bandwagon of interactive cutscenes (as opposed to being an actual point and click...) is the Marvel universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to stop. Now. This is just too much for me to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    They have to stop. Now. This is just too much for me to bear.
    Who know's maybe it'll be really decent? Only TT game I've played are the Poker Nights and those were decent I thought. I've heard good things about Wolf and Walking Dead. I'll hold judgement until it's released. Though I know I'm not a fan of Point-N-Click games so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Who know's maybe it'll be really decent? Only TT game I've played are the Poker Nights and those were decent I thought. I've heard good things about Wolf and Walking Dead. I'll hold judgement until it's released. Though I know I'm not a fan of Point-N-Click games so who knows.
    Telltale doesn't do point-N-click games anymore; they now make 'Lean back in your chair, throw a blanket over your legs, get a cola and some chips, and watch a movie that you can change dialogue in' "games".

I hate Telltale

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who really really liked the first The Walking Dead game they did this makes me scared. When they started doing more and more games The Walking Dead season 2 suffered greatly. If they are adding yet ANOTHER series Season 3 is doomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, more QTEs...

The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us were both really good interactive stories. Haven't played the Game of Thrones one yet But i expect it will be the same. Probably won't play the Borderlands one as I'm not familiar with that world. But, as a lifelong self-admitted Marvel Fanboy...I look forward to seeing what they do in that universe.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    3 game series have been enough to tell me that I don't like these kinds of games.

It's also weird...I always hear people complain about QTE's and how they're the death of gaming, then likewise praise games from Telltale.

PS. This isn't me bashing Telltale, really, but you have to admit they're going overboard with the amount of games they're trying to juggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Telltale doesn't do point-N-click games anymore; they now make 'Lean back in your chair, throw a blanket over your legs, get a cola and some chips, and watch a movie that you can change dialogue in' "games".
    RIP Sam and Max. I never got that far into them, but they were amusing games nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Telltale Punisher game, I'm down for that.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

The games are well done and entertaining. I dont see why this is a problem at all. At worst case its not good and then you dont have to play it. Most likely its going to be as good as all the other games theyve made and should be enjoyable for anyone who likes interactive stories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    PS. This isn't me bashing Telltale, really, but you have to admit they're going overboard with the amount of games they're trying to juggle.
    Its not overboard if each one is considered good quality

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    The games are well done and entertaining. I dont see why this is a problem at all. At worst case its not good and then you dont have to play it. Most likely its going to be as good as all the other games theyve made and should be enjoyable for anyone who likes interactive stories.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only one that came close to being lackluster was the Game of Thrones one? At least, that's from a few opinions I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    1) The games are sold at budget prices.

2) They are in line with old school choose your path books of old, only in visual form with a lot more tension on screen and time limits on decisions.

3) I wouldn't consider them 100% games, they are interactive stories but they are for the most part GOOD at what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Its not overboard if each one is considered good quality
    Well, if you want to really get into it since the Walking Dead the scores for Telltale's games have gone lower. Though of course it's on an episode to episode basis. Still, you could actually argue that the quality is going down. The problem is that this means nothing because this is all opinion based.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    3) I wouldn't consider them 100% games, they are interactive stories but they are for the most part GOOD at what they do.
    I guess that's the good thing. People that like this kind of stuff can get the same thing every time. Nothing really changing can be a good thing to some and a bad thing to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Telltale Punisher game, I'm down for that.
    No we need Marvel to do a Punisher netflix series like DareDevil

I quite like the style of their games. Granted they are more like interactive movies but I've always been a sucker for a decent story. I am concerned that they're getting a bit too flooded with all the different games they've been making lately and that the quality may suffer as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    they really aren't interactive at all.
    They are interactive.

I think you would have a better time arguing the illusion of choice in the games as many choices end up not mattering in the big picture(but still feel important at the time).

But they are interactive by definition. You move your character, you do QTEs, you do the buttom prompt to choose your dialogue. That is INTERACTIVITY by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    they really aren't interactive at all.
    They are. You press buttons...from time to time. I'd argue they're fairly predictable though - you can choose to save X or Y and after a while it becomes obvious that even if you safe one of them the other will die later no matter what you do. I like the character development though.