Disc vs Iron Maidens Mythic

Hi

Wonder if some of you can provide me some guidance, I have mained a rdruid for 8 years but is switching to disc.
    I need some guidance on what my job will entail on Iron Maidens Mythic progression as disc.

Now I know ill have to use cow on players getting blood ritual, but im not sure how to track and who else I should watch to apply a fully COW?
    How do I know if my COW is fully charged if I can say it like that?

Also do I need to dispel or watch out for anything else, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    Hi

Wonder if some of you can provide me some guidance, I have mained a rdruid for 8 years but is switching to disc.
    I need some guidance on what my job will entail on Iron Maidens Mythic progression as disc.

Now I know ill have to use cow on players getting blood ritual, but im not sure how to track and who else I should watch to apply a fully COW?

Hi,

I've done this fight twice as a disc and I am still learning/improving in the encounter. This is one of the only few fight where you need to pay attention outside of dodging mechanics and raid health bars. I'll give a few pointers I had to learn the hard way:

- The Bigwigs timer on blood ritual is a good indication when to start stacking shields on the blood ritual debuffed person, however, the boss will finish casting whatever he is doing so the damage will not come right after the counter reaches zero, but luckily your shields last for 15s. It helps to keep your eyes open and look at the boss and the player taking the cast.
    - I just always keep the warlock taking whats-it-called ability shielded up, the amount of damage seems quite random and sometimes they barely survive the ability even with PWS on, with Cow also up its less of an issue
    - Leave dispelling to other healers/classes since you will need to shield the person taking that 5 stack debuff or they will sometimes die from the dispell
    - Theres always those few people who can't seem to be able to dodge bombs so identify those people and keep them shielded too.
    - Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but CoW max is 50% of your HP so depending on gear/archangel 2-3 stacks should be the max

All in all, I personally think this is an awesome encounter and really gives you personal responsibility. My advice for your first kill would be to focus on blood ritual and blade dash targets and trust your other healers to take care of the tanks, just keep PWS on them and don't let blood ritual / blade dash / 5 stacks kill anyone. Also, get a weakaura for this fight to quickly see the dispell targets.

It's a really good thread to start. I would also like some pointers to improve before our next farm!

on bloodritual players with the debuff will be targeted again so just need to keep a shield on players withe the debuff.
    we had hunters soak it on purpose and they would feign death so it would cancel it out.

here is some help for convulsive shadows.

you need to keep sorka as focus and you this macro for convulsive shadows when she hits 30 energy and starts casting.
    /target [@focus]
    /target [target=targettarget]
    /cast Power Word: Shield

this will shield the person who is getting targeted so you can instantly dispell them afterwards.

here is a weakaura that helps track convulsive shadows when its being casted and so forth.

dOuOwaGiuL6ssf1NqvzuGQ6uGknlqfULuHDbLAyGYXqWYuLEgPQPrLCnsLTPk8neQXPk6CqrRdvj6EGQSpQuPoivkl ev8qOWePsvxevvTruyKsf5KKsTsqYmriDtue7uQ6NGudfurwkcXtPmveDvuK2kvQK(kvQyTuPs8wuLWCrvCxqf1Ev( ligmWHjAXqjpwvnzO6YQSzu6ZuXOLIonjRgvj51sHzlYTLs7MWVHmCsXYPQNJ00fUUO2UuPVtkz8OOopQ06rvL5JQK A)sEeg5m5ixmJo7fBcydd73zTZWNHpYzmdnll9IXOdIF(KW7ZhUE8IjMpC94DSD46XmUqZYsVymCrmbxetWLlxy(u) typHn2oC9y2XSgPa)WhNz0lXcNqkrmJd0KKqZeIYFgKZK44QqHeYeKWRCCopDKlM5phfsqYvZnZXJYAMjYTKELJZ5P RNWSesIpYzz6b5NKu6WAMhLUroRnNc1ixSygUILv9ZPG7iN1MtHAKlwmlKPteJCwBofQrUyXmV8FJCwBofQrUyXIzk 8zCicJc0rbWaj6Mtuv3Rawtjosl6Iz)rUEcJC2ptdul5XCmJnl(HcjGp2yJnClOkqbkqbsOVmvaHS9ka8kaVjLENl4 Dbvbkqbkqc9LPc8rjKVaWRa8XGbdgmyWGbFfufOafOak2cWuHk4pZkAqHpFSOFMgsVZf8b3cenprbvbkqbkqbkqbkG q2EfaEfGPcv0lBp4Zhl6NPH07CbFWTGQafOafOafOafiH(Yub(jjLchfOXXTaWRamvOcmsskLJKEWNpw0ptdP35c(G BbvbkqbkqbkqbkGITanoUfiAEIcQcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGpkH8faEfGiUPT7HGbrDZmiyanrHMigVOXXfoJ9hLqEl8 fufOafOafOafOaNaVGQafOaf4e4fufOafOa(lYErbOHxjCWMf5BLb85nV(3zANP8gokWhLqE4Oacz7b3cQtGpllcVY X58JCwwOIzSOFMUy2ptdul5XCWun4Y4MDDprmt(dfsqh5mAi9XiNHJG4KqAnSM5KqAbH1lBVzUZjB4w2lP8soeHrb6 OayGeDZjQQ7vGVKgZWrqApkv6CdRzojKwqK)qHeZOnrATygRsOOnh5mkklWNPTiopR8F84goo0ckpUZjB4w2lP8WKd xj5XqzboLhoQgxNqEb2ihNz4iiuuwGpolwml8khNZpYzbxn3mAiJmDwwCDprmtMd0SFMgOwinv43Sq1E4ZUUNiMHHK gZY0dcvZLsJZmQMlLMHbs0nNOQUxbSMsCKw0zz6bjluX4mlluXmw0ptxmJfjIzU5vYub4KK)gZAEkNMX6j8e2SesIp Yzz6brCDp)WAwitNig5S2CkuJCXIz4kww1pNcUJCgvjCs3SwUrt1FwBofQroRLB0u9hNflMLPhe(He34mJFiXnJts( B4r)gfGbklW9CNLPhKpQflzmoZ8Y)nYzT5uOg5IfZY0dcUILv9ZPG74mZJs3iN1MtHAKlwSyglseMIF36FDndxr1KK CTq(BqN15)m)5OqcsUAUzQpsmd)OYi7LXnoZygAww6fRxp260PdtypFHPNWRUzYCGgwZK44QqHeYeKWRCCopDKlMPW N9L0qjCMPLcpAUEcpHndxr5vzXpuDVXzMi3s6vooNNUEcZ4cnll9IXGy9UW8H(3NpE1rat9WGn2oCPBgUIQjj5Q9hj MPTiopR8F8O9hjO8yAUucsNqjUqCVIQ5smr6O(ZOH83GcNqkrmJd0KKqZKfR)DKZOH83GAk(DR)11Sm98qyE9WMXm0 SS0lwVES1PthMWE(ctpHxDZ4cnll9IXGy9UW8H(3NpE1rat9WGn2oCPBgv2EKhZr2FdRzEuiJJ8yoMru(ZGCM6JedR zSirWijDOZGMPKev7E(pdlPhduc5h56jmgpi(jHNys4fMEDpW8XZhJTdDUw)7y8KaMUi(PUxyU0tqVExVJTdDpwV(1 ty9UgJNWG9qpM6EOhtcW07ctyJTdDUwmZJczOqI1dBwcjXh5Sm9GiUUNFynlKPteJCwBofQrUyXmCflR6Ntb3roJQe oPBwl3OP6pRnNc1iN1YnAQ(JZIfZ8O0nYzT5uOg5IfZ8Y)nYzT5uOg5IfZY0dcUILv9ZPG74mJFiXnJts(B4r)gfGb klW9CNLPhKpQflzmoZY0dc)qIBCwmJf5phpklWjpMJS)MrEmhz)r5X0CPKB)q1vgkKa6UNpj5s5H))Ksd9GyzXm)5O qcsUAUzYSxIL0pdR0jWzcc)MXHO8V39ZIJ5GbseZEHb7TaCqj8z8dHAxpSzFuRg)rPdRzHQ98mqIy2lmyVfGdkHpdx r1KKC1(JeZ0weNNv(pE0(JeuEmnxkbPtOexiUxr1CjMiDu)z0q(BqHtiLiMXbAssOzYS4yoWaLq(rU(3XWLUxcVpG9 e2REIXKym1p2o09y96hdx6Ej8(a2tyV6jgtIF(ySDOJ4fZWvuEvw8dv3BCM9Z0a1sEmhZyZIFOqc4Jn2yd3cQcuGcu Ge6ltfqiBVcaVcWBsP35cExqvGcuGcKqFzQaFuc5la8kaFmyWGbdgmyWxbvbkqbkGITamvOc(ZSIgu4Zhl6NPH07Cb FWTarZtuqvGcuGcuGcuGciKTxbGxbyQqf9Y2d(8XI(zAi9oxWhClOkqbkqbkqbkqbsOVmvGFssPWrbACCla8katfQa JKKs5iPh85Jf9Z0q6DUGp4wqvGcuGcuGcuGcOylqJJBbIMNOGQafOafOafOafOafOaf4JsiFbGxbiIBA7Eiyqu3mdc gqtuOjIXlACCHZy)rjK3cFbvbkqbkqbkqbkWjWlOkqbkqbobEbvbkqbkG)ISxuaA4vchSzr(wzaFEZR)DM2zkVHJc8 rjKhokGq2EWTG6e4ZYIWRCCo)iNLfQygl6NPlMHFuzK9Y44i)nC8OSaFyndl5VHJhLf4qZYsVy9VZWvunjjxYJ5GOh BmRaZWpQmYEzCmq(ZXJYc8H1Sq1EEmqjKFKR)DmCP7LW7dypH9QNymjgt9JTdDpwV(XWLUxcVpG9e2REIXK4NpgBh6 iEXmrUL0RCCopD9eMfELJZ5h5mAi)nGOeSOzFuweZOAUusB8ze094LGRzz6bHQ5sPXzMJhL1a5JYIygSz4hwzwwsUA UzDYnIWegmLOZC8OSgiFuweqR58Ya5N5UNjKThDKRNWmmqIU5ev19kG1uIJ0IUy219eXmmK0yMq2Equcw0mz2lNLPh eHS9gNz)mnqTqAQWVzHQ9WNjKT3mmqIU5ev19kG1uIJ0IoJQ5sPzyGeDZjQQ7vaRPehPfDwwCDprmtMd0Sm9GKfQyC wmt(dfsqh5mAi9XiNHJG4KqAnSM5KqAbH1lBVzUZjB4w2lP8soeHrb6OayGeDZjQQ7vGVKgZWrqApkv6CdRzojKwqK )qHeZOnrATygRsOOnh5mkklWNPTiopR8F84goo0ckpUZjB4w2lP8WKdxj5XqzboLhoQgxNqEb2ihNz4iiuuwGpolwm Jf5phpklWXaLq(rUEcRNW6FxpH1RF9ewVR1tyXmAi)nOmqIy2lmyVfGdkHpltppeURh2mjoUkuiHmbj8khNZth5Izy j)nC8OSaN8yoY(Bg5XCK9hLhtZLsU9dvxzOqcO7E(KKlLhg5uRsidfsmdxr1KKCTq(BqN1znZ(EKgiCxpmSDrywOAp VP43T(xxZAvEpYpSMfhZHP43T(xxZWs(B44rzbogOeYpY1ty9WWw36FxpmS1TE9Rhg26wm7Jsi)ixpH1ty9VRNW61V EcR316jSygnK)gumqIqQeTNiMPDVPT75)mAi)nOyGsi)ix)7y4s3lH3hWEc7vpXysmM6hBh6ESE9JHlDVeEFa7jSx9 eJjXpFm2o0r8Iz4kQMKKl5XCqeLtZywbMPWN9L0OaHQ98Z0sHhnxpHNWM18uonJ1t4jSziV6eHmuiXSobnr02Db6Es 3ikeT7Dx5prm(p77rAGW86HHTlclwV(ro7NPbQL8yoMXMf)qHeWhBSXgUfufOafOaj0xMkGq2EfaEfG3KsVZf8UGQa fOafiH(Yub(OeYxa4va(yWGbdgmyWGVcQcuGcuafBbyQqf8NzfnOWNpw0ptdP35c(GBbIMNOGQafOafOafOafqiBVc aVcWuHk6LTh85Jf9Z0q6DUGp4wqvGcuGcuGcuGcKqFzQa)KKsHJc044wa4vaMkubgjjLYrsp4Zhl6NPH07CbFWTGQa fOafOafOafqXwGgh3cenprbvbkqbkqbkqbkqbkqbkWhLq(caVcqe3029qWGOUzgemGMOqteJx044cNX(JsiVf(cQcu GcuGcuGcuGtGxqvGcuGcCc8cQcuGcua)fzVOa0WReoyZI8TYa(8Mx)7mTZuEdhf4JsipCuaHS9GBb1jWNLfHx54C(r olluXmw0ptxmt(dfsqh5mAi9XiNHJG4KqAnoZCsiTGi)HcjMrBI0Agocs7rPsNBynZjH0ccRx2EZCNt2WTSxs5LU)W kZYUygRsOOnh5mkklWNPTiopR8F84goo0ckpUZjB4w2lP8WKdxj5XqzboLhoQgxNqEb2ihNz4iiuuwGpolwml8khNZ pYz0q(BarjyrZ(OSiMr1CPK24ZiO7XlbxZeY2dIsWIMjZE5mhpkRbYhLfXmyZWpSYSSKC1CZ6KBeHjmykrN9Z0a1cP Pc)MfQ2dFMJhL1a5JYIaAnNxgi)m39SR7jIzyiPXSm9Gq1CP04mltpicz7noZY0dswOIXzMq2EZWaj6Mtuv3Rawtjo sl6mQMlLMHbs0nNOQUxbSMsCKw0zzX19eXmzoqZeY2JoY1tyggir3CIQ6EfWAkXrArxSyglseZEHb7TaCqj8znpLtZ y9eEcBwcjXh5Sm9GiUUNFynJFiXnJts(B4r)gfGbklW9CNHRyzv)Ck4oYzuLWjDZA5gnv)zT5uOg5SwUrt1FCwSyMh LUroRnNc1ixSywMEq4hsCJZSm9GGRyzv)Ck4ooZcz6eXiN1MtHAKlwmltpiFulwYyCM5L)BKZAZPqnYflwmJfjctXV B9VUMHROAssUwi)nOZ6SMz(ZrHeKC1CZuFKygZqZYsVy96XwNoDyc75lm9eE1ntIJRcfsitqcVYX580rUyMmhOH1mf (m3FyLzzNPLcpAUEcpHndxr5vzXpuDVXzMi3s6vooNNUEcZ4cnll9IXGy9UW8H(3NpE1rat9WGn2oCPBgUIQjj5Q9h jMPTiopR8F8O9hjO8yAUucsNqjUqCVIQ5smr6O(ZOH83GcNqkrmJd0KKqZKzXXCGbkH8JC9VJHlDVeEFa7jSx9eJjX yQFSDO7X61pgU09s49bSNWE1tmMe)8Xy7qhXlwSyw31tW1lHfB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    Hi

I was responsible for the Blood Ritual and Blade Dash targets. What I did was hold my shield until they just came out and stacked CoW on both leading up to it (primarily because my guildies tend to be sloppy and are bad about not using personals for the blood ritual if they get it). Then I would listen for the in-game shout, "Too slow!" That indicates that she's casting the Blade Dash. At that point, I'd pop a shield on the Blade Dash target as well as the Blood Ritual target (signified by the shout, "Death!").

Once you start getting Convulsive Shadows, you want to try to put a bubble on anyone you see with the debuff as soon as you see the debuff. You won't always succeed in time, but I have saved people with that bubble.

In the final phase, you want to stack CoW on the tank taking Sanguine Strikes, and put a bubble on anyone who gets Dark Hunt.

Other than that, it's business as usual.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Hi mate,

If it is of any help, if you go to that link, there is a quite messy video of our Mythic kill and me playing as Disc. I am sorry about the quality not being amazing. We went double disc as I am maining Holy and having it as off spec, and my buddy is a disc priest. I was mainly on duty CoWing the tanks and the blood ritual, but on the video as it was still progress I am helping shielding the Blade Dash target, as well as dispelling or shielding the debuff.

Hope it helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBzyqXq35XE

Deleted
    Hello

Depending on what tactic you use, iron maidens is the fights where you need to be on point throughout the whole fight, missing a shield could potentially means a death.
    We found out that Grounding totem works on the blood ritual. That means with 2 shamans, no1 should ever take damage from blood ritual.

CoW is a must.

If you're soaking blade rush with a warlock (assuming his gear is 690+), he'll survive with just a PW:S - He will drop very low, but he'll survive. Keep this in mind whenever you decide on your next move.
    Otherwise just keep casting CoW on either the blade dash soaker, or the blood ritual soaker (if you're not using grounding), or the tank.

The tricky part comes ones you hit 20%.

Marak the blooded will gain a new ability called "Sanquine Strikes". Sanquine strikes will deal a portion of the damage she does to the tank, to the rest of the raid. This whole mechanic can be negated by absorbs. Using a DK/monk tank + disc priest will make this mechanic a nonfactor if you do it right.

Right before you hit 20% make sure the tank has a fully stacked CoW + PW:S.
    Once you hit 20%, pop PI + int pot, and start CoW spam, if the tank is using a good CD, you should be able to get a good amount of shields on the blade dash soaker / Dark hunt target, potentially saving another life.

Deleted
    There only really needs be two targets you focus on at any given time with your clarity of will, which is the point of a disc priest, the rest of your utility is just added bonus. You need to focus the blade dash soaker, and the blood ritual soaker. The tank soaking the blood ritual doesn't take that much damage, so doesn't really need much attention, and the sorka tank has ways of not taking 400k each time blade dash happens, so you shouldn't worry about them.

During P2 you should only really focus on Marak tank however, with options of giving the Sorka soaker the odd shield or a CD for blade dash as well as the blood ritual soaker. After Marak dies and you are doing 2 boat strat, give your shields to sorka tank and sorka soaker since the sorka tank will no longer have any way to reset his debuff and will begin taking insane damage from it.

That's what I notice as a sorka tank doing 2 boat strat anyway.

Thanks all for the great advise!
    Greatly appreciated

My guild used 2 disc priests on Mythic Maidens. One was assigned to CoW the main tank and blood ritual target, and one was assigned to CoW the off-tank and blade rush target (a warlock). We pretty much laughed our way to a kill.