Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Or you can realize that they aren't as hardcore GOGOGOGO! as you are. Dial it back and realize that your playing with friends and the experience of playing with friends is what wins out over well we're X/10 in progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i was active in my own guild (and RL), my personal friendship was behind anything else once we started raiding. I hate people who defending the mistakes of someone because it's a friend/fiance/girlfriend or whatever. People who can't handle things like that and RL friendship differently aren't good for a raid. So my advice: Talk to them outside of the raid environment on a neutral ground. If that doesn't help, leave the raid and watchout for another one. If they are one of your best friends, they will understand.
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2015-04-24 at 11:58 AM.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    So I was in a situation not to dissimilar from yours.

While not IRL friends, the guild has been together for about 10 years, with most of the players being long time members of 6-10 years. We've done guild meetups a couple of time and have generally grown with each other.

I returned to WoW for WoD after taking a break midway through MoP. Yeah I jumped on the W* bandwagon during that point, however when I returned I made it clear that I was not going to raid and only looked to play casually through pugs/premades/openraid in my own time etc.

Short of this part is... I had more progress through my pug in HM then they did as a guild.

We are now currently 8/10hc in BRF. Not fantastic progress but miles better than before, and there is less bitching about "stuff".

What needs to be done is clearly defining what the guild as a majority wants. If they want normals, heroics, or mythic, doesn't matter, but find it out and get it down on paper (or in my case, our web forums). As an example I wrote a long forum post about what the expectations were and got everyone to post their agreement to it. That way they are all accountable to each other as well as to me.

Whoever doesn't then either they stay out, or agree to be benched when decided and I will direct them back to that forum post. Or, if there is going to be drama eg kitty healer person and housemates etc all ganging up on you, then just walk away from it now. It will save your sanity to do that now rather than try and fight it and destroy all semblance of friendship.

As for dealing with DPS/performance, it should always be done in person to person, and if xyz (as in your example) starts going on about so-and-so's dps is 20k below mine etc, your response should be that you are there to discuss xyz's dps, and that you will deal with the other person's dps in the same private manner - btw, best way to deal with dps is to present numbers to them... lots and lots of numbers. That way it's not about what someone is saying about them, it's just cold hard facts from logs (and you can get a lot of facts from WCL if you drill down enough).

However all in all, always remember that you have the choice to walk away from it if you are not getting the support needed.

Deleted
    Had to register just to leave this comment. Just a small notice I wanted to add anyway.
    Checking Auroralight's armory I've noticed what enchanting on her weapon she's using. Not that it would mean 8k dps less but I had a good laugh anyway. Thank you!

When did she move to Owl anyway? She still got both rings and trinkets with Spirit. Will not work like that...
    Last edited by mmoc857dfd65a6; 2015-04-24 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by addy992 View Post
    Had to register just to leave this comment. Just a small notice I wanted to add anyway.
    Checking Auroralight's armory I've noticed what enchanting on her weapon she's using. Not that it would mean 8k dps less but I had a good laugh anyway. Thank you!

When did she move to Owl anyway? She still got both rings and trinkets with Spirit. Will not work like that...
    Bigger problems than spirit rings. Much bigger problems...

Quote Originally Posted by addy992 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Bigger problems than spirit rings. Much bigger problems...
    I'm just responding to these real quick before I go through the previous ones - she went boomkin because she "thought it'd be easier" and "would require less concentration" in her words. I tried to explain that DPS requires a different kind of concentration than healing but she wouldn't listen. Honestly, it's easier to carry an under-performing DPS than to carry an under-performing healer and we went with it. Plus two resto druids wasn't fantastic.

Her problems are way beyond spirit. There are times she'll go 3-5 seconds without casting a spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one thing to ask for help, it's another to name and shame people on the forums.

We don't allow the latter here. Closing this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |