Deleted

Ashes, Ashes (Blackhand Achievement)

We would like to finish this achievement tonight. Guess a pretty big group is needed? I've also read something about a certain safe spot. If 20 people just stand there they all catch the orb and it's done. Is that possible to do? Or we we need alot of hunters/warlocks to jump off and catch all those orbs while the rest of the group just waits.

I am not sure if we ever really did find this magical spot in our ~5 pulls or however long it took to get done. We just mass recruited hunters and locks with LFG. I know for sure I saw one hit the top platform, and I saw lots of Vids when looking up the achieve that had people getting while on platform... so I am sure it exists.

There are two spots where the ashes fall ON the platform and not outside it, so ppl can just stand there and collect them. I also read that if u have ppl of the exact same height standing on top of each other on these spots each ashe counts multiple times, but I can't confirm it since I was on my hunter when I did this achievement.

Big groups def help yeah, and don't pick badly geared hunter/boomkin/warlock alts over well geard mains, since you do need to kill the boss as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 2 safe spots where you can get the ashes without leaving the platform, found here http://i.imgur.com/k8TA6Pi.jpg

We didn't have EVERYONE stand there. 1 melee each, still had our warlocks hunter and monks jump off to get them. Did it in like 3 pulls I think. one of the easier achievements for the meta

Here's the WA that says how many you've collected so far and who got them
    http://pastebin.com/9isYH54D
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2015-04-24 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This achievement is a pain in the ass. Its so annoying to have to go all the way through the majority of the fight only to wipe while you try to figure things out. There are a couple safe spots from what I heard/saw in videos although when we did it we only found 1 that worked and even then there is RNG to how many ashes fall there. I don’t have a good way to describe it, but I think it was to the SW side of the platform if I’m remembering correctly. Watch some videos to see and you’ll probably need a wipe or two to figure it out. The ashes can start falling pretty quickly, so we would position the raid over on that side at the end of P2 and then roar to get there quickly.

A bigger group would make it easier, since you could have several people suicide to collect 1 ash each. We did it with 17 people, including 3 hunters, 1 lock, and 2 mages. But most of them were gotten from the group stacking up and multiple people getting credit for them, which was why it’s so important to get that group into position quickly once you fall down. I think we had 1 healer, the 2 tanks, and 1 rogue stay out with the boss for smashes, and the rest of the group stacked up. I’m sure a few of the people who could leap out and get back grabbed some, but the majority I believe were just soaked by all of us stacking up on that spot. If you want to look through themhere are the logs for when we did it: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...VhLm9#fight=25

We started Blackhand and his little group of people near to where we were soaking and used hero then, so that we could get a good chunk of damage in while we waited around before he had to be moved. In some of our earlier attempts we found that we were getting to 20 ashes but had a bunch of people dead and the boss had hardly been touched so we couldn’t finish him. And there’s nothing else to do while you stand there anyway.

You could also just have your tank jump down since BH will teleport him up again.

Deleted
    It took us a little while, we have discussed this in an achievement thread already (there are pictures of zones in that thread, too): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...I-ve-ever-done

Deleted
    You'll want monks and mages as well. For transcendence and alter time. Transcendence is only a 25 second CD or something when glyphed.

There's a weakaura for tracking this achievement if somebody here has it. I deleted it

Edit. Never mind someone linked it