Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Korkron Shaman's Treasure - BMAH price?

Just wondering if anyone has seen how much this goes for on the BMAH. It just popped up on our BMAH and my Shaman (which I raided on back then) has almost 100 Korkron kills and never looted the cache. I'm willing to bid a fair bit but not anything obscene like over 100k-150k, so if I can get an idea of the price it would be great.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go for much, every Shaman and their mother had it in MoP, I just have bad luck with RNG.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Im not sure what you expect from this thread or so but asking about price is rather waste of time, i've seen stuff go from 15k to 600k.

There's just just many factors at hand to state an average price..

Populated server?
    What day of the week?
    how many shamans?
    is this that one day that rich bastard with nothing to spend gold on the day he's online and randomly checks BMAH?

in other words, just bid as much as you're willing to spend a 2-3 hours before it ends, and hold your thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I've seen one in my server going for 60k, but still had a few hours to go so I don't know if it remained there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Im not sure what you expect from this thread or so but asking about price is rather waste of time, i've seen stuff go from 15k to 600k.

There's just just many factors at hand to state an average price..

Populated server?
    What day of the week?
    how many shamans?
    is this that one day that rich bastard with nothing to spend gold on the day he's online and randomly checks BMAH?

in other words, just bid as much as you're willing to spend a 2-3 hours before it ends, and hold your thumbs.
    Thanks for the help.... >.>
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-04-25 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Surely depends on the server; but I saw around 5 Caches on my server and two times I checked for them (they happend to be on "short" while I was waiting for some other auction) they went for the minimun price (15k).

My guess is you would be fine with around 50k unless your server is fulll full full (like Illidan US).
    I had that idea in the past "the bigger the server, the highest the bids in the BMAH". I mean, it's logical right? More people, more rich people among the population, more competition. Problem is I play on a small server (was basically desert before realm fusions) but the following things still happened either way:

- Nalak's mount went for gold cap;
    - 3 Mimiron's Head on a roll went for gold cap (2 were bought by the same guy who gave the gold to his girlfriend);
    - A few days ago an ilvl 700 ring went for almost 500k gold while coffers can easily reach between 50k-100k gold;
    - Gallion's mount, Old ZG Raptor and TCG Rhyno were all bought between 500k-600k;
    - The Riding Turtle appeared 3 times in 3 consecutive days here and all 3 times went for more than 400k gold;
    - Flametalon of Alyzrazor went for over 400k gold;

So yeah, my idea of "small server=great BMAH deals" was completely crushed after these deals in my tiny server Basically, I am pretty much aware now that if I want to buy the 1st Sha of Anger's mount from my server's BMAH I will need to not only spend 953k gold, but also do it in the 1st second the auctions become available or else someone else will surely do it before me.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-04-25 at 03:39 AM.

Just go in there and get it. Its not worth spending that kind of money on something that isn't that rare.

I can tell you are exaggerating too as the raid hasn't even been out for 100 weeks.
    You ran multiple difficulties every single week on multiple shaman just to try and get this set?

You'll hate to hear that we carried Jesse Cox through a full clear and he got the set on his first kill after not playing WoW for nearly a year then.
    Super rare.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Just go in there and get it. Its not worth spending that kind of money on something that isn't that rare.

I can tell you are exaggerating too as the raid hasn't even been out for 100 weeks.
    You ran multiple difficulties every single week on multiple shaman just to try and get this set?

You'll hate to hear that we carried Jesse Cox through a full clear and he got the set on his first kill after not playing WoW for nearly a year then.
    Super rare.
    I ran it every week on Flex/Heroic before they changed it so it was all one loot lockout for the cache, so yes my 100 kills is accurate or near accurate, seeing as I have also been killing it in WoD.
    "Just go in there and get it". I have been. For two years or however long that shitty raid has been out. For me it IS rare, because I have seen every other shaman in my groups get it and every other shaman in Shrine and Org standing around with it and haven't had it drop for myself, so yes I am willing to spend the money on something that you consider "isn't that rare".
    Just because someone gets something their first go doesn't mean it's not rare. A guy in my guild got Galleons mount first kill and what % of people have that? Like, 0.2% of the WoW community?
    Also I think you are forgetting that SoO was out for a year or more before they started bringing in things for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

I ended up getting it for 78,700 gold. In the last half an hour we had three shamans battling for it, eventually just me and another guy. I told him I had been farming it for ages and he had 0 Korkron kills. He bid 75k and said if I bid after that it's mine. I set 100k as my max but I feel 78k is reasonable for never setting foot in SoO again. As well as being on the second highest pop Oceanic realm.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-04-25 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not hesitate paying 150-200k or more for it. The amount of time saved is more than worth the price. And shaman is like my 5th alt or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has seen how much this goes for on the BMAH. It just popped up on our BMAH and my Shaman (which I raided on back then) has almost 100 Korkron kills and never looted the cache. I'm willing to bid a fair bit but not anything obscene like over 100k-150k, so if I can get an idea of the price it would be great.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go for much, every Shaman and their mother had it in MoP, I just have bad luck with RNG.
    100 kills and an equal amount of times, you forgot to loot it? Or did you do LFR only?

How many shamans do you have? It's less than 100 weeks, since SoO launched..

Every single shaman I have raided with, got the chest on the first kill on Flex or higher..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    100 kills and an equal amount of times, you forgot to loot it? Or did you do LFR only?

How many shamans do you have? It's less than 100 weeks, since SoO launched..

Every single shaman I have raided with, got the chest on the first kill on Flex or higher..
    1; You don't loot it, it is given to you like loot in old LFR or bonus roll. It is not looted off the boss. And even then I was still looting/checking the loot on the boss.
    2; I did Flex and Heroic/Mythic every week until they merged the chance for the cache so Flex wasn't a separate lockout to Heroic/Mythic. It used to be hence why I had near 100 kills and no cache. I have also been killing it in WoD.
    3; Good for your Shamans but unfortunately for others we don't have that kind of luck. The Shaman in my current raid group didn't get it for ages as well even though he raided every week.

Most of this was explained in my last post.

It's way too random to tell. Pretty much if some rich guy likes the bmah you're fucked.
    Hi Sephurik

Is there a linked lockout for the cache between normal/heroic/mythic? Only 1 chance a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Is there a linked lockout for the cache between normal/heroic/mythic? Only 1 chance a week?
    Yes they changed it so now all difficulties are linked for the cache lockout.

Deleted
    There is one up right now in my server's BMAH. Will post the ending bid once it finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Ended up going for 18,2k gold. Not much compared to the first (around 60k), but I guess the first time a shaman must have really wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I would not hesitate paying 150-200k or more for it. The amount of time saved is more than worth the price. And shaman is like my 5th alt or something.
    And it just popped up on Emerald Dream:

I bought mine a couple of months ago on US-Stormreaver for only 30k. Seemed like a decent price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    And it just popped up on Emerald Dream:
    Damn! 600k gold You must have wanted it badly. I guess I understand you, I have wanted the Sha of Anger mount ever since I first saw the NPC lookalike in the Shadopan quests and have been waiting for it to pop in my server's BMAH but so far nothing. I want this mount so badly that if I had to I would place all my gold to get it (2,5M) and wouldn't even think twice about it.

I like the lack of bidding on those Mythic boots.
    Having someof the top ranking guilds on my server makes it hard to get Mythic pieces for a nice low price :P

Estimating BMAH prices are rather difficult, given how one day someone might drop hundreds of thousands of golds on an old transmog piece, and the next only a few thousand on a very rare instance drop. Plus, there are server differences and so on.

Guys you can stop posting in here, I did mention in my last post that I got it for 78k gold :P