Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Shadow priest looking for advice (logs)

Hey,

I've recently joined a mythic raiding guild and thus my performance has started to become more important than when it was just heroic.

Now I feel like I'm doing decently and got a pretty good hang of things, but at the same time I feel like I'm missing something, perhaps something basic that I'm doing completely wrong - and therefore I come to you in hopes you can identify some/any of my issues.

Log from yesterdays raid can be found here; https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BQzdThbRNGLMgmV6

Hope you can help me become a better shadow priest.

Deleted
    Firstly, an armory link would help.

One thing that will persist over most of these fights is when to pot. Don't pot immediately at 20% on most fights unless you have a heroism/bloodlust as well. As long as you can get the full use of it, potting during a trinket proc, ring proc and with 4-5 orbs is generally better. Also worth noting is that unless you have ridiculous crit levels, CoP still likely beat AS on Gruul and Oregorger especially if you have decent mastery, mythic BH trinket and no 4-5 orb starts. If you have banked orbs from trash at the start of the fight, AS is better.

- Gruul: you aren't casting enough Mind Blasts, 42 casted in 6 minutes isn't enough (its not terrible but you can squeeze in a few more) but this does depend if you have 2 and 4 set as well as trinkets, sometimes they are delayed by more than 3-4 seconds which isn't good. This fight sucks honestly, it depends on how lucky you get with the boss mechanics and where you're assigned to since a bad cave-in or flare location can screw you over so bad.

- Hans&Franz: you died which skews the results. Otherwise, you're using insanity which is generally worse than SoD. If you have a lot of experience on this fight, you can make insanity work but its much harder to use than SoD. For the time you were alive, you delayed mind blast for too long quite often.

- Flamebender: you should 2nd pot on the second wave of wolves, not when flamebender goes below 20% but optimally, flamebender should be below 20% at this point. With 4set, you should be looking to maximise uptime of the buff but depends on your crit, you should aim for about 60%+ on this fight with decent mythic gear. In addition, your SWP uptime was lacking on the boss, less than 90% isn't enough. It should be at least 95%. Also seems like you missed a little bit of SWP uptime on the wolves. You also didn't use your shadowfiend a second time.

- Oregorger: again some MBs missed, you can still easily MB the boss during the rolling phase. Cascade is generally better than Halo on this fight. You could probably get more uses out of RF glyph. Time it just before an acid torrent and take B&S talent. VT and SWP uptime could be improved a bit since you can still maintain dots on the boss easily during rolling phase.

- Beastlord: overall good performance. If its an easy farm boss, you could pad a bit by using searing insanity on the pack beasts. Missed a few MBs, as much as 20 seconds without an MB cast but there's a lot on this fight so delaying MB a bit isn't too bad. I wouldn't worry about VT on this fight unless your crit levels are low, its not a high priority but if you can fit it in then do so. But like with Flamebender, where was your shadowfiend? Only 1 use half way through the fight, didn't use it at the start or during the final 20%. SF isn't amazing as a cooldown but its a few 100k you could have had for a few GCDs. Get a weakaura for it and learn when to use it, gets way more important when you start progressing on a fight like maidens or furnace mythic.

- Kromog: quickly touch this since you didn't kill it but overall good. A few MBs missed but again, the shadowfiend is missing. You used it once on a pillar and never again, couldv'e got 3 uses out of it. I prefer to use it at the start since it doesn't work well on pillars unless your raid is consistently not getting them down. Searing insanity damage could be higher but this isn't entirely in your control but know that you should save orbs for pillars and hands, maintain SWP and VT on the boss. Cascade usage was good.

Hope that was enough.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-04-24 at 09:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, thank you for that - it's a great help.
    I didn't put my armory link in as it's in my signature, guess it wasn't as obvious as i thought it was

But awesome tips for all the fights, thank you very much

Deleted
    The link doesn't work.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh right, i recently server transferred. Should be fixed now.

Deleted
    Looks like your preforming at a reasonable level for your gear. DPS usually go up a lot ones you get comfortable with the Mythic mechanics and you can focus on pushing dps instead of trying to stay alive and not mess up.