What if...........

I was thinking , what if when you enter a Raid instance there were vendors on the inside of the portal who sold you 1 time use set items a few ilevels bellow the set you get in the instance and which vanish the second you exit the dungeon.

Players wanting to raid with their guild but who do not have the gear for it would be able to pay some gold at the door and rent a full set or just a few bits of a set to allow them to take part and contribute, this would allow them to gather their higher T set without having to go through dungeons and raids that few people are doing anymore.

This mechanic could be applied to battle grounds as well and those total noobs at PVP could join a battle ground and rent a set for the duration allowing them to not only take part but contribute rather than being nothing more than cannon fodder that they normally are when entering with no pvp gear.

just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that would remove the meaning of gearing up.
    Ooewh i wanna kill garrosh, damn got no gear. Ah i just buy it!

Nope, wouldn't accept if they did this
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Too obvious to even be called a trollpost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No that would remove the meaning of gearing up.
    Ooewh i wanna kill garrosh, damn got no gear. Ah i just buy it!

Nope, wouldn't accept if they did this
    Pretty much. Why gear up if the game just gives you a baseline set of gear thats good enough to clear the instance with ? So you raid and you get to keep the raid gear outdoors, but what do you do with it ? You don't need raid gear for non raid related activities, any gear you get in raids is so you can.. well.. raid better.

Giving you this gear when you enter raids would render all dungeons meaningless. This is already the case. Dungeons become irrelevant very quickly compared to how long it takes to make them, and the Mythic Dungeons coming in 6.2 are a way they're trying to fix that.

Gearing up your characters to be ready for the raid is part of the game, now maybe if you're doing this for your 7th alt or so its not as interesting, but you have to remember most people don't have a lot of alts, nevermind max level ones.

I was thinking , what if when you enter a Raid instance you get every piece of loot for your class.

just a thought.

your all telling me that if you got a for example blue set with stats that enabled to you take part that you would not bother going for the better stats and epic set? really ? I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    your all telling me that if you got a for example blue set with stats that enabled to you take part that you would not bother going for the better stats and epic set? really ? I highly doubt it.
    I actually like the idea, but it would never be implemented. Blizzard will never allow people to skip a lot of content and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

When I get an amazing ideal about how the game should change I think it over a long time, wiegh the pros and cons and then I keep it to myself because I am the only one who thinks it is an amazing ideal and I won't get flamed by everyone on a forum.