Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Stop interrupting my shows with weather reports!"

Basically, my area is going through severe storms right now (complete with a few tornado warnings ). I was in the bathtub for a bit and looked at my facebook. On the WFAA page, people were commenting "You better not interrupt the Bruce Jenner interview. Its just rain now OMG!" and "you can just run this on the bottom of the screen". This annoyed me because where I live there was a small tornado briefly, and the late breaking news helps with getting the message across combined with the sirens.

Do you think its right to get so pissed off over weather interrupting your shows, even after your county is no longer experiencing severe weather but nearby counties are?

When I read the title my first thought was tornado warnings. Run outside and jump in a ditch!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think its sad people rather watch shark tnak or the Bruce Jenner interview than have epople in other counties know whats about to hit them and what the storm has done so they can prepare...

ugh...so angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Do you think its right to get so pissed off over weather interrupting your shows, even after your county is no longer experiencing severe weather but nearby counties are?
    To this day, my mom still complains about the summer when Days of our Lives was interrupted everyday because of the Lewinsky scandal.

Hell yeah weather reports or any news interrupting TV shows is annoying.

I live in a 'tornado alley' and weather warning stuff on the TV bugs me personally. I dislike how they change the shows quality (goes from normal to shit) so they can run bars across the top and bottom of the screen saying it's... raining. I understand why they do it, but in today's day and age with so many cell phone alerts and their constant pushing of 'weather radios' I guess I don't feel like they need to have the nonstop 'weather coverage' stuff. But it's fear mongering and fear mongering gets viewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Sorry for having a tornado!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I wish they would stop with this Amber Alert business every time this goes missing...

And where are this girls parents.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

i more annoyed when the state of the union interrupts my regularly scheduled programming

Sorry for having a tornado!
    Keep it to yourself.

A couple of weeks back, it actually popped up on my tv with a warning that there's heavy fog in my area. I couldn't help but be annoyed considering i could look out the window and see that :P. Couldn't even see across my backyard, but apparently i need the tv to warn me. Wasn't even a bar across the bottom of the screen the whole screen went red and the warning came up. It's one thing for tornados, but fog?
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2015-04-25 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I can understand being annoyed with minor things, but...severe weather? Ya know...life saving stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Southern Illinois, I'm used to local weather interrupting programming, doesn't bother me. I like to know when tornado producing storms are knocking on my door. Granted not much I can do if a tornado comes rolling in.

I mean, I can understand being annoyed with minor things, but...severe weather? Ya know...life saving stuff?
    There is no real reason that I can see that a show needs to be interrupted like they do. Tickers on the bottom, pop ups that cover the bottom corner give the same info w/o dickin over people unaffected.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

About 2 years ago, my area was so up in arms because the local station interrupted the Kentucky Derby. They couldn't pause their "this might be bad here" to just show the start to finish of the race. I do mean Literally, they kept on saying "this might be bad" over and over even when they zoomed to another thunderstorm on the radar map.

On the WFAA page, people were commenting "You better not interrupt the Bruce Jenner interview. Its just rain now OMG!"

I actually fear for this generation because for all intents and purposes, none of us should know or care about the Kardashian/Jenner clan. To answer your question, no I don't think people should get pissed off about things like their show getting interrupted, but people are generally ridiculous anyway so shrug. It's absolutely a first world problem, though. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Indeed. Don't interrupt me with news that can wait until 6PM. If there's a tornado heading towards my town, fine. If its an emergency and I might need to evacuate, fine. Otherwise, bugger off.

I can be informed about it during the regular news hour.

And sports too! Fuck you ABC for deciding to push my TV shows over for a goddamn football game. That's what ESPN is for.
    Putin khuliyo

Get those here too warning for a place an hour drive away. Also the Amber alerts, had to turn those off on my phone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Indeed. Don't interrupt me with news that can wait until 6PM. If there's a tornado heading towards my town, fine. If its an emergency and I might need to evacuate, fine. Otherwise, bugger off.

I can be informed about it during the regular news hour.

And sports too! Fuck you ABC for deciding to push my TV shows over for a goddamn football game. That's what ESPN is for.
    Well actually the chanels have contracts with the NFL to show those football games, so they're just as much at home there as normal tv shows. It reaches the most amount of people since they may not have cable for ESPN

but what about informing counties to your east after your clear? Thats one of my biggest gripes. People were bitching about tornado warnings and wind damage taking up their tv shows after their own county was clear. WFAA covers about a dozen counties, but people seem to only care about the 2 "big" ones of Tarrent and Dallas.

Who watches their shows on t.v. anymore??? Get out of the stone ages people.