Thread: GTA online

Deleted

GTA online

Hello guys,

I have few questions related to GTA online, I have the new PC version without previous experience from the console versions.

1)I play with my friend and we are getting laggs (both) on the GTA online for the last 2 days, we live in totally different cities with different internet providers and we have both problems for the last 2 days, approximately. I would like to know if there is something, what could we do to improve our performace in GTA Online? WoW runs with +- 50 ms, Dota 2 with +- 30ms, CS:GO +- 30ms too. We are from central Europe...

2)We have problem with the matchmaking system, there is often a problem to fill the games (matches), but there is plenty players playing the Online mod, I dont understand why it is so hard to get more ppl into the lobby of our games, we have enabled the auto invite option, the sessions are opened, but we are lucky if we get 2-5 players into the races for 30 players, once we had 15 players, but that was max and never happened again, whats the problem?

3)How can we kick somebody from the lobby? It seems like we cant kick anybody from the lobby.

4)When I hit the "play job" not the "quick job" I assume I will be a HOST of the game, why I am sometimes not the host? Is there a better way how to create a game?

5) How to chat with our crew, with all the members in different sessions? Some kind of global chat like in MMO's?

6) Both of us have only 128 GB SSD's and we have currently the game installed on HDD and the loading times are killing us, we spent more time in the "loading" than playing I think. Would a SSD help, or not very much?

7) The multiplayer part of the GTA seems very "slow", "unoptimalized", not very social friendly, not user friendly and feels weird, do u think there will be some kind of improvement in the future of these aspects, or not? How does everybody else feels about the GTA Online interface etc, system?

Thanks for your advices.
    Last edited by mmoc23ed45d30d; 2015-04-25 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had any problems with lag, although one of my friends from canada that I play with gets disconnected every now and then, but like I said no lag...

Also yeah the matchmaking... we usually just play everything 3man ... but it gets kinda boring, and takes a while to find people... it definitely needs improvement

I don't know if you can kick anybody, I haven't found that option either

I think there's an option somewhere to make you the host when you start a job yourself or continue a previous one where u were the host

Also curious about crew chat options

SSD will definitely help with loading times, but how much I do not know

As for how optimized the game is, I'd say it's very optimized, as long as it's not raining and you aren't driving through rain... All I really want for them to add in a future patch is a party system... so it doesn't take me half a day to find my friends on the map and so they can get auto invited to the jobs that I'm starting.

Deleted
    Today, I am getting some heavy laggs and random DC's. Is there a way how can I see ingame latency? Or dont u know how to find out, if there is some problem on my network?

- - - Updated - - -

OK we found out that we have problems ONLY when we play TOGETHER, we are also on teamspeak, what could be causing this heavy laggs? I am saying again, we live in totaly different cities 350km far away of each other and we have completely different internet providers...