Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm not sure what that picture is supposed to tell us. It's just a random shot of Leto (I assume) that doesn't show his face or him in costume. How would a regular picture of someone tell us anything about their movie costume other than he is jacked?
    I just didn't imagine the Joker being jacked.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Ah ok. I was genuinely confused what I was supposed to be getting out of it w/r/t the whole tattoo/gangsta thing we've been going on about. Yeah...he's ripped.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Hey would you look at that, two posts later and you're wrong. Good old assumptions.
    hey would you look at that less than two days later and YOU'RE WRONG.

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/593275557158072320

joker has tats, better get used to it. thats two, reliable, trustworthy sources who both say that the joker has tats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    the joker hes mostly based off of was pretty big and imposing

also, the reason the joker is in jail is because he beat jason todd to death with a crowbar, which is why the robin suit is on display in the batcave and the reason batman had retired until supes amerged and fucked shit up. (in case you guys didnt know, most of the supers are pretty angry at superman, aquaman particularly wants a piece of him because his battle with zod caused damage to HIS ocean.which i assume is the reason why its bats approaching him after bvs to join the justice league rather than superman)

the scene where he beats jason todd to death will be in bvs.

- - - Updated - - -

basically this

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    So will Leto be appearing in BvS then?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So will Leto be appearing in BvS then?
    as a cameo yeah. i assume it will be a flash back since in the movie jason todd has been dead for awhile. if you look closely in the trailer you can see a robin costume put up behind bats
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    as a cameo yeah. i assume it will be a flash back since in the movie jason todd has been dead for awhile. if you look closely in the trailer you can see a robin costume put up behind bats
    They're actually going there?... Fuck man, what rating is BvS going to be? Or will it be a cop out version where you see Joker swinging the crowbar, but don't see/hear anything gross...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Drop all the tattoos and put on the suit and its a winner other wise meh.
    Batman beating the shit out of cocky criminals is cool.

Batman beating the shit out of tattooed, cocky criminals is even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They're actually going there?... Fuck man, what rating is BvS going to be? Or will it be a cop out version where you see Joker swinging the crowbar, but don't see/hear anything gross...
    I'm more confused how BvS is supposed to sum up what could have been several movies for each character. Ever since the notion of this whole thing started instead of the initial Superman sequel, it's felt like they were just shoehorning Batman in the film to make a 'universe'. With the addition of all these other random characters and the transparent desire to be as successful as Avengers, it really just seems like a huge pile of tacked on crap.

It's not surprising given how DC handles both their comics and their films these days.
    BAD WOLF

I'm more confused how BvS is supposed to sum up what could have been several movies for each character. Ever since the notion of this whole thing started instead of the initial Superman sequel, it's felt like they were just shoehorning Batman in the film to make a 'universe'. With the addition of all these other random characters and the transparent desire to be as successful as Avengers, it really just seems like a huge pile of tacked on crap.

It's not surprising given how DC handles both their comics and their films these days.
    Well, most of the Avengers' individual movies were crap anyway. Admitedly, those did explain the origins, allowing the Avengers to focus on its own plot. Maybe they won't try to teach the audience about these characters? I mean, how many times have we seen the Waynes getting murdered already? Would we really need to know that much about the Joker or Luthor to understand their rather simplistic role in this movie?

Wonder Woman and Aquaman will need some background, though. I mean, nobody said anything about there being more supernatural heroes in Man of Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, most of the Avengers' individual movies were crap anyway.
    I'm hard pressed to think a lot of people found Iron Man or Winter Soldier 'crap'. The Thor movies aren't particularly stellar, but they're not bad. Marvel has also moved past origin stories now, having utilized them as you said to bring the avengers and GotG together. All heroes moving forward will start pretty much right in the action with the hero like Dr Strange and Captain Marvel.

In any case I'm not trying to make this a comparison of the two, I'm primarily concerned with how much of a cluster@$%^ this is. It's one thing to have no origin and still have a hero solo movie. That's enough of an introduction so that a team up movie makes sense....but to just start stuffing every hero in your roster into what was original just a superman sequel and then doing a team up movie is pretty dumb, if not completely backwards.

If they wanted to copy that strategy, again...not commenting on it being better specifically, but if that's the sort of thing they are clearly trying to do then they should have just copied it outright and let each person have a solo movie then brought them together. The only result of doing it this way is having 5 minutes of fame for these cameos make us not care about the characters in the JL movie or the opposite which is give them too much time and ruin the actual concept of this movie. Either way you lose, so why even do this?

Imagine if the JL movie tries to mesh their TV universe with the cinematic one too....I can't even picture Arrow or Flash being in the same narrative as these heroes they are going to introduce going forward as the tone of the shows vs the movies is so all over the place.
    BAD WOLF

pretty good read on why dc is having problems http://badassdigest.com/2015/04/29/c...c-movie-plans/

basically, marvel has feige in charge, even if he lets whedon and gunn and ect mostly do their own thing, they still answer to him and they still have to mesh with everything and theres still a core plan they have to follow.

dc has like 4 people all vying for control and no clear direction. one guy had already finished an aquaman script and then when it was done the "rules" of the universe had changed already and they told him it wouldnt work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    *snip*
    I mean this is pretty much what I was getting at with my rant. Lack of direction and very messy handling. It makes sense now.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I've been saying for a while, Marvel need to stick to movies and forget they ever made a TV show. DC need to stick to TV shows and forget they ever made movies.

Best of both worlds, no?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Tbh I've been saying for a while, Marvel need to stick to movies and forget they ever made a TV show. DC need to stick to TV shows and forget they ever made movies.

Best of both worlds, no?
    Sorry, no deal. I need that second season of Daredevil.

Deleted

But this isn't a Justice League movie like Avengers is. Heroes like Aquaman and Wonderwoman will have little screentime in BvS. Batman doesn't need any origin story either, everyone knows is, we also just had a Batman trilogy. All in all it will be a Batman and Superman movie, not a Justice League movie.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice – March 25th, 2016
    Suicide Squad – August 5th, 2016
    Wonder Woman – June 23rd, 2017
    Justice League – November 17th, 2017
    The Flash – March 23rd, 2018
    Aquaman – July 27th, 2018
    Shazam – April 5th, 2019
    Justice League 2 – June 14th, 2019
    Cyborg – April 3rd, 2020
    Green Lantern – June 19th, 2020

Between that there will still be standalone Batman and Superman movies.

And I agree with the other poster, while the Marvel origin movies may be hyped like hell, besides Iron Man 1 they were all pretty crap. Avengers was quite okay for a pure popcorn movie, and most sequels (except for Captain America imo) were worse then the initial origin movies. And pretty much everyone I know who saw Avengers 2 finds it worse then Avengers 1 so ...

Since The Flash is played by a different actor, the tv series isn't in this universe either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    But this isn't a Justice League movie like Avengers is
    Thats....not what I said at all.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Its as if DC is on a secret mission to kill capeshit.

They actually considered EDM soundtrack or something like that for last Spiderman.
    There was an e-mail exchange between Sony execs about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Pascal
    Last edited by mmoc192a37678a; 2015-04-30 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
    Sorry, no deal. I need that second season of Daredevil.
    Myeh. It was good till about episode 10, then I started losing interest. More excited for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Also the rumoured Punisher show!

Best of both worlds, no?
    Hmmm.... nope. For me DC should stay with it's animated movies and stop half arsing TV shows and movies. Marvel just needs to get past the "TV show running costs will be much lower if we do shows about the humans, not the heroes". Shield is not a spy show, hence being a bit of a mess. Daredevil is a nice, coherent shot at a show, but a little stilted (a touch too much overplanning for the first season, too much segregating story aspects into individual episodes eg. Stick's episode, Hand episode, Fisk's episode, etc).

Do you watch Arrow and DC's burgeoning TV universe?

I've found the way romance is written in their shows irritating, so at this point I'd say I only watch Flash and Constantine. If you're watching all of them, do you find the crossovers enjoyable? Believable or straw man writing of characters?

I'm wondering mostly because these franchises live or die on the cross pollination of their products, and I'm not seeing the universe building that Marvel worked on (and lucked into) with Avengers. DC has stated previously that BvS is the foundation stone for the franchise to be built on in the cinema, but are they trying to cash in too quickly? Should they have had a plan in place with Nolan's Bat franchise to spin into a JLA line-up?