Sub on Blast Furnace

Hey Guys, I know how to play the spec normally on a single target very well, as it is my main spec. On most cleave fights i roll combat, but my raid leader wants me to roll sub during our blast furnace fights to help with the single targets dps on Forman, Operators and Elementalist.

How do you play this fight as sub, is it like a regular single target rotation, or should i be spamming FoK for combo points. Any pointers appreciated.

Basically, you just replace Backstab/Ambus with Fan of Knives whenever you can hit an additional target, as the extra CP outweighs the higher damage, I think. Then just pump Eviscerates/Ruptures into whatever your primary target is. Use Shadow Dance/Vanish to get Find Weakness up with Ambush, but just once and then keep using Fan of Knives if there's still 3+ targets you can hit. If you can only hit two, then still use Ambush. Refresh Find Weakness with another Ambush before Shadow Dance/Subterfuge runs out.

The best part about sub on blast furnace is that shadow dance is available for every elementalist. If you do it right, your damage on the elementalists will be way higher than anyone else's. If you have skada, you can view that during the encounter.

To be honest man, you should just be sticking with combat for furnace, the extra cleave you can get off on the firecallers/forman/security guards in P2 helps overall, since the ilvl boost there's no reason no to play combat for furnace, people just do to much damage now...so I'd be blaming others in your raid for not switching or doing enough damage onto the elementalists, not the combat rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonzey View Post
    To be honest man, you should just be sticking with combat for furnace, the extra cleave you can get off on the firecallers/forman/security guards in P2 helps overall, since the ilvl boost there's no reason no to play combat for furnace, people just do to much damage now...so I'd be blaming others in your raid for not switching or doing enough damage onto the elementalists, not the combat rogue.
    Blaming the rest of the raid instead of fixing the issues you have is a pretty poor way of progressing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Connectedl View Post
    Blaming the rest of the raid instead of fixing the issues you have is a pretty poor way of progressing anything.
    You talking behalf of me or him?....I'm just stating the obvious here, no point playing Subtlety on Mythic Blast Furnace at all nowadays.

He technically never said it was Mythic BF either. Not trying to be obtuse, just saying.

We have a really hard time answering questions straight away in these forums without derailing people and telling them how what they're asking is dumb.

Deleted
    3 Targets are the point where you should/could replace Backstab with Fan of Knives. The number should be higher for Ambush, especially during Shadow Dance, since the energy cost is reduced.

Personally I play Blast Furnace with Venom Rush. I'm not sure if it's the best talent, but it's very viable and flexible. When there are enough targets (3+), I replace Backstab with FoK. If played with Subterfuge+Vanish-Glyphe, it's not necessary to do 3x Ambush, just work with FoK between two Ambushes. During Shadow Dance, I just focus on Ambush and maybe do 1x FoK to keep the Venom Rush stacks up. Of course, after Shadow Dance/Subterfuge and during Find Weakness, it's FoK+Finisher again.

Deleted
    Basically what kaite said, anything from 2 targets use FoK instead of BS most of the time your FoK will be generating anywhere between 5-10 combo points to help pump out your finishers. Just remember to keep doing that for p2 and p3 as well as some forget about it and just tunnel the boss. It doesn't matter about overall damage on this fight which I think people forget but you will be in top 3 for single target to the adds that count. I.e furnace operator , primal elementalists and boss

I played sub for Blast Furnance progress.

Top damage on Primal Elementalists.

Top damage on Bellows Operators.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I played sub for Blast Furnance progress.

Top damage on Primal Elementalists.

Top damage on Bellows Operators.
    Ditto. No one gives a f*ck about your aoe dps on a fight that is inherently single target. If, for some reason, you don't have any warriors, ret pallies, enh shaman, demo locks, mages, hunters, boomkins, dks, etc. in your guild, then sure, go combat. My raid leader sets up an aoe team made up of people that have a natural cleave in their rotation. Everyone else goes single target, and the elementalists melt. If you aren't doing each elementalist in one pass, then you don't have enough single target dps.

Sub is optimal for this fight because the most important part of phase 2 is the elementalists, and sub rogues have a major cd available for every one of these.