Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should the Qiraji be the next playable race?

Usually, I think what I notice is that if a race in WoW share some sameness of an actual race of the real human specie, they're playable. For an example, Dwarf are Irish, I think who knows the difference between Irish and Scottish etc, so they are playable. Troll are Jamaican, so they're playable. Human are human so they are playable. Tauren are Native American, so they're playable. Pandas from Pandaland are Chinese, so they're playable.

...so which of the real life human race do the Qiraji share sameness? clearly, they're Middle Easterner (and they're cooler than Mantids and Nerubians) due to their females having to cover up dey'z face. So IMO, since Qiraji are Middle Eastern people, they should be the next playable race. What say you? No Furbolg or Akkaroa nonsense
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-04-25 at 02:43 AM.

Wtf is an Aqir? Also, how can you call Arrakoa nonsense? They have more (good) lore atm than pandaren did x 1000 before their expansion launched. They're actually an original, unique race which isn't a massive stereotype off of some nation in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a difficult post to read. In my opinion though the race shouldnt be choosen based off a real life group of people, maybe some influences. Also, saying that they're cooler then other races because their females have to cover their face is going to piss a lot of people off. Its just ignorant in my opinion, Im going to say no to your suggestion mainly because you worded it in a piss poor way.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

How are Aqir middle eastern? They're just a bug race.
    And that's besides the point, Aqir are a dead race. They all split up into (so far) 3 races across Azeroth.
    And even then, those three races would never work as playable.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeSchmorde View Post
    Wtf is an Aqir? Also, how can you call Arrakoa nonsense? They have more (good) lore atm than pandaren did x 1000 before their expansion launched. They're actually an original, unique race which isn't a massive stereotype off of some nation in real life.
    http://bit.ly/1I6eswY

Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    This was a difficult post to read. In my opinion though the race shouldnt be choosen based off a real life group of people, maybe some influences. Also, saying that they're cooler then other races because their females have to cover their face is going to piss a lot of people off. Its just ignorant in my opinion, Im going to say no to your suggestion mainly because you worded it in a piss poor way.
    You didn't read it right. He said they're cooler than Mantids and Nerubians, note the parenthesis. And then he said separately that they're Middle Eastern due to the fact the females have to cover their faces up. Not that I agree with him, but he wasn't saying they're cool because of that factor, lol.

But yeah OP you're also a little off on your lore. Aqir isn't one race. You're thinking of the Qiraji. The Aqir is the name given to the group of Nerubians, Mantids, and Qiraji who were once one people under the given name Aqir.

Aqir are an extinct race of insect people who were servants of the Old Gods. They were the ancestors of the Qiraji, Nerubians and Mantid.

There is absolutely no premise for them to become playable.

Deleted
    I look forward to the next couple of days being filled with LairenyX making weird threads again.

GUYSSSS. I'M SOOO TOTALLY SORRY. I EFFED UP SOOO BADLY. I MEANT TO SAY QIRAJI

OMG I effed up SOOO HARD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're confusing aqir with qiraji - they're the bug race represented in-game with females wearing face-coverings. More ancient egyptian influence than anything else, though.

I would like an insect playable race, but I don't think the aqir are likely to be one. Historically they worshiped the Old Gods, although you could work out a way for them to become less hostile to other races. It would be a big departure from qiraji, nerubian, and mantid, although the latter two were willing to work with other races when they were in dire need.

Also, the aqir aren't necessarily extinct - we only know that their empire fell and various colonies they'd founded eventually evolved into the current bug-races we know about today. But the trolls who destroyed the original aqir empire of Azj'Aqir believed there were other aqir colonies that were hidden - there could still be aqir dwelling underground or in some very out of the way location.

*edit* - Ah, I see you did mean qiraji.

Well, if C'Thun is history and there are any qiraji left who are desperate enough, they could try approaching other races for an alliance. After the big war I doubt either the Alliance or the Horde would be very interested. Maybe if the Burning Legion attacked and the bug races decided that 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    GUYSSSS. I'M SOOO TOTALLY SORRY. I EFFED UP SOOO BADLY. I MEANT TO SAY QIRAJI

OMG I effed up SOOO HARD.
    Okay? That still doesn't make it any better. There is zero lore and gameplay reasons for them to be playable. This is a illogical request.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    Does anyone know the girl this guy has in his picture? Ermm, you know if her name is famous like Selenas Gomez or whatever... I don't want anyone's private info or anything.

I think best chance would be a horde aligned Nerubian for a bug race.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think you're confusing aqir with qiraji - they're the bug race represented in-game with females wearing face-coverings. More ancient egyptian influence than anything else, though.

I would like an insect playable race, but I don't think the aqir are likely to be one. Historically they worshiped the Old Gods, although you could work out a way for them to become less hostile to other races. It would be a big departure from qiraji, nerubian, and mantid, although the latter two were willing to work with other races when they were in dire need.

Also, the aqir aren't necessarily extinct - we only know that their empire fell and various colonies they'd founded eventually evolved into the current bug-races we know about today. But the trolls who destroyed the original aqir empire of Azj'Aqir believed there were other aqir colonies that were hidden - there could still be aqir dwelling underground or in some very out of the way location.

*edit* - Ah, I see you did mean qiraji.

Well, if C'Thun is history and there are any qiraji left who are desperate enough, they could try approaching other races for an alliance. After the big war I doubt either the Alliance or the Horde would be very interested. Maybe if the Burning Legion attacked and the bug races decided that 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'
    I know right? there is very plausible ways in which the Qiraji can join---the---Alliance...and-not-the-horde. Look at that female models... sure be the envy of females all over the world. I bet all real males will switch from female Nelf, Human, Draenei, Worgen to playing female Qiraji... all the female real life human would do the same thing. For those real life males who prefer to play males, the model of the twin Emperor, although year 2004 old it's year 2015 now, hold some potential if you shrink it down to size and make it 2015. Much potential yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantummy View Post
    I think best chance would be a horde aligned Nerubian for a bug race.
    Eekkk... I am very sad about the Nerubian. Their lore makes them seem like the most redeemable, as their were some mention of the young leaving the homeland due to not wanting any part in the doomed conflict against the Lich King and Old God force. However... the nerubians are kind of ugly with their big spider butts and gray 8 legged models. I feel most irk by their big spider butt and like... bad spider face. Just no way man. Give them to the horde seriously. Ally get Qiraji.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2015-04-25 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Okay? That still doesn't make it any better. There is zero lore and gameplay reasons for them to be playable. This is a illogical request.
    Just like all of the "make Arakoa alliance" make sense considering they were a race horde and alliance have helped equally?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Just like all of the "make Arakoa alliance" make sense considering they were a race horde and alliance have helped equally?
    I'm a big supporter of having Arakoa a neutral race like Pandaren.

High elves for alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeSchmorde View Post
    Wtf is an Aqir?
    It's the race that originated all the other "insectoid races" we see today. They were a whole Empire once but the Troll Empires of old shattered it in three, becoming the distinct kingdoms we see today.

Long-story short, these guys no longer exist. About the Qiraj, it's far from being impossible but, seriously, the Mantid would have been more belivable in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Long-story short, these guys no longer exist.
    That's just what they want you to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    High elves for alliance!
    I'd only welcome high elves if that means we get Spellbreakers as a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    That's just what they want you to think.
    Well, they technically still exist. Mantid, Qiraj, Nerubian, were all Aqir once.

Though I would be curious to know if the Aqir were to them like the Zandalari were for the troll race, a different kind of "insectoid race" which worked as actual progenitor of all others, having traits of all of them but still being identical to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.