Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

So I've been milking this game for a while but finally ended up finishing it.

Did anyone else play it? If so, how did you feel about it.
    Personally, fantastic game. The art style and animations were nice and everybody loves Jake Kaufman's music!
    I was surprised about how many "tools" you would end up getting, and how they were all so helpful and cool. It definitely game the game more enjoyable going in blind.
    However - this is quite embarrassing on my part - I did not know you could gain more heart containers until I was already three quarters the way through the game! I thought everything was meant to be that hard! I didn't gain any hearts after that tho; I went this far without them, I think I can stick it through for the final stretch with 2 hearts. I did collect all of the squids and magic, getting a surprising 100% achievement at the end. I might try for the speedrun achievement but for now it's too soon, Executus! I looked up the achievements but I did not see one for beating the game with 2 hearts(It's on the steam version of the game that recently just came out however). I think there should have been one. Who wants to melt down those poor, cute squids anyways!

Anyways, if you guys played it, what did you think of the game? Are you still going through it? It was a well spent 20
    Anything else too! Favorite islands, favorite dungeons, favorite character!
    I liked everything that happened with the Squid Baron. They always talk about the silliest stuff like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Best game in the series thus far IMO and well worth the $20 I plunked down on the 3DS version. Sitting at 11+ hours with 100% completion.

Now the wait for 1/2 Genie Hero for Steam (I'm not going to play a hand-drawn version on the inferior 3DS screen, but pixelated games are super fine for it IMO).

Will snag the Steam version of Pirates Curse on the super cheap ($2.50 or so) sometime in the future.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Best game in the series thus far IMO and well worth the $20 I plunked down on the 3DS version. Sitting at 11+ hours with 100% completion.

Now the wait for 1/2 Genie Hero for Steam (I'm not going to play a hand-drawn version on the inferior 3DS screen, but pixelated games are super fine for it IMO).

Will snag the Steam version of Pirates Curse on the super cheap ($2.50 or so) sometime in the future.
    I agree it's the best. I had a hard time with the other games being developed on a small screen, the race in the first game was horrendous for me! I finished at ~13 hours. There was one squid I just could not find! It ended up being on Tan Line island, hidden in the temple in the room with all the breakable blocks! Very sly!
    I'm glad 1/2 Genie Hero will come out on pc at the same time. I might have skipped the ds version if I'd have knows this one was coming to steam. Perhaps I did not pay enough attention to news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Steam release this soon was a surprise for everyone as most people thought it would be a year or so after the Nintendo versions came out. Not a big deal really as I prefer pixelated 2D games on the super sharp New 3DS screen. Going to get the N3DS versions of Issac and Angry Videogame Nerd over the Steam versions.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of this. Would bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Nah, Steam release this soon was a surprise for everyone as most people thought it would be a year or so after the Nintendo versions came out. Not a big deal really as I prefer pixelated 2D games on the super sharp New 3DS screen. Going to get the N3DS versions of Issac and Angry Videogame Nerd over the Steam versions.
    I guess that makes sense. I've got the system for a reason, may as well buy games that were specifically made for it (kinda)