Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    It's interesting for sure.
    The technology seems very similar to Titan constructions.
    Though it's not the most interesting answer, these things usually turn out to be simply -
    1) Arrakoa were originally made by the Titans (probably to control the skies).
    2) They got hit by the Curse of Flesh. Thus the Apexis era ended and the technology was somewhat forgotten.

I'd like to know more about how they functioned when there was an Apexis society.
    But I imagine it's like what we know of the Vyrkul, Mogu and the Tol'vir before they were 'Cursed'.
    Where do people pull this Titan stuff from for WoD? It's not a Titan planet, I remember Blizzard have said as much at Blizzcon iirc. The short story even alludes to the Apexis being the Arakkoa before the fall (in this case the throw down between Rukhmar, Anzu and Sethe.

Quote Originally Posted by Apochrypha
    She had crafted the device herself, using artifacts from a lost and highly advanced culture of arakkoa: the Apexis.
    Nevermind you got that, reading comprehension fail. Still, haven't seen a Titan connection all of WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Nevermind you got that, reading comprehension fail. Still, haven't seen a Titan connection all of WoD.
    There haven't been any direct links to the Titans, but Draenor's got some curiously Titanic items you run into here and there. The Heart of Gorgorek, the Will of the Genesaur, and the Heart of the Magnaron - all of which seem like Titanic constructs complete with the same runic we see plastered all over Uldum, Ulduar, and the general Storm Peaks area of Azeroth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Where do people pull this Titan stuff from for WoD? It's not a Titan planet, I remember Blizzard have said as much at Blizzcon iirc. The short story even alludes to the Apexis being the Arakkoa before the fall (in this case the throw down between Rukhmar, Anzu and Sethe.
    What? It was confirmed.
    The Titans visited Draenor, but aren't around anymore, so we will only see a little bit more of the Titans in this expansion.
    The ogres called them the Forgers in the short story. The whole Breaker line are Titan construction. Those they get more fleshy as it goes down the line, so they were presumably hit too.

The Primals are also shown to have the dominion of life and their purpose is to shape Draenor too.
    And this is the Will of the Genesaur.

Both the Breakers and the Primals (originally called the Shapers) tried to shape the World during the Age of Colossals.
    It can be taken that they are both Titan constructions knowing the Titans ordered Draenor.
    Ordered as in, seemingly made habitable.

Though the imperator remained quiet, his retinue's banter was proud throughout the journey. His people were born at the beginning: when the great Forgers squeezed the light from the enormous ball of fire that would become Draenor, they made ogres from the same smoking clay and gave them dominion over stone and earth. The very world was theirs; their capital was tall atop the scaffolding of the past.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Except she was the "perfect little Arrakoa" all along. As she herself said, "the mistery consumed her", it was all about a whismical desire to solve a puzzle, the necessity to succeed in that particular task like she always did in her life. The whole time she went through this pursuit did nothing but look at the Outcats as something dirt and disgusting, and her opinion didn't change in the sligthest when she learned the truth.
    I wouldn't even call it a whimsical desire. This story actually had the really good twist that even bad guys have to acknowledge the truth sometimes, otherwise you're not even really bad guys so much as completely tricked. She sought out the truth, even if it meant going against what she was told. But it turns out that what's most important to those in charge isn't following their rules so much as believing in them. The truth only reinforced her belief in their society. Even for bad guys, the spirit of the law can be more important than the letter of it, curiosity itself is not something that actually bothers them unlike stereotypical villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The short story accentuated the hunger I had when I finished the Arakkoa quest-lines in Spires: namely, I want to know more about the Apexis civilization and just what happened to them. They seemed to have technology rivaling the Draenei in power and intricacy, and a high degree of wisdom concerning the unification of Light and Shadow energies in a technological sense. What could have happened to make the civilization end as abruptly as it did, and why is so very little information concerning their empire available to the Arakkoa of the modern day?
    Well, there is that mysterious "Temple in the Sky" which vanished. Maybe they just left, or had some sort of malfunction.
    Where do people pull this Titan stuff from for WoD?
    There's a lot of it in the expansion, both implied, and extremely blatant:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Titan_Chest
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-04-29 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I wouldn't even call it a whimsical desire. This story actually had the really good twist that even bad guys have to acknowledge the truth sometimes, otherwise you're not even really bad guys so much as completely tricked. She sought out the truth, even if it meant going against what she was told. But it turns out that what's most important to those in charge isn't following their rules so much as believing in them. The truth only reinforced her belief in their society. Even for bad guys, the spirit of the law can be more important than the letter of it, curiosity itself is not something that actually bothers them unlike stereotypical villains.
    Still her obsession was very personal, the desire to solve a mystery. There wasn't a bad intention in it, but not necessarily a good one either. Vyrix in fact looks very naive, she doesn't even barely imagine whatever truth she could find, she's just obsessed by her own curiosity and is stubborn and fixated enough to treat Iskar like trash after all he did and endured for her, despite acknowledging the mistake of her behavior in her own mind. She feels no sympathy for the Outcasts, keep looking at them like disgusting wretches and surely all her efforts weren't for them or anything else, but for herself alone. She felt something was hidden from her and was determined in succeed in her goal.

The moment she solved the puzzle and realized that the truth was going to tear apart everything she loved of her society (despite its flaws) the bigoted mind shown for the entire story told her that compromise the glorious prosperity and wealth of Skyreach for those beings she didn't want to have nothing to do wasn't worth the deal. Ofcourse, in the eyes of the High Sage she may have shown "wisdom", but in fact it was all about Vyrix being bigoted enough to religiously follow the ideal of the elder Adherents.

I agree it was still an interesting twist, but it cannot change the fact that Vyrix started as very naive and whismiscal in her search of the "truth", only to realize later the actual weight of her discovery and the consequences it would have had on Skyreach as she knew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. I'm not really sure where the point of confusion for me was now so I'll just leave it at that.