Poll: Which US political party do you prefer?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, is someone talking about good quality, accessible healthcare for the masses? British master race reporting in.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Oh, is someone talking about good quality, accessible healthcare for the masses? British master race reporting in.
    Is that irony?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Is that irony?
    Just an argument for how healthcare not being privatized works out really damn well. The NHS is widely considered an excellent example of a good healthcare system, that is until we elect some idiots in who want to change it. We have a guy who wants to go to an American style insurance system... Nope nope nope nope.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well both parties are too far right for my taste. I would place myself on the left side of the political spectrum in Sweden, which means I would probably be considered an extreme communist in the U.S. But if I had to chose between the two I would obviously pick the democrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just an argument for how healthcare not being privatized works out really damn well. The NHS is widely considered an excellent example of a good healthcare system, that is until we elect some idiots in who want to change it. We have a guy who wants to go to an American style insurance system... Nope nope nope nope.
    Saying the words "I propose an American style system" as a politician can mean, in many cases, the end of a political career in most European countries

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't fathom how anyone could support Republicans as they are textbook cartoon villains.
    You caught us. We're all just Dick Dastardly and Cruella de Vil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I am definitely more conservative than liberal, so while neither party is an absolutely perfect match, my choice between them is easy to make.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong, privatisation of healthcare has lead to bigger costs, privatization of the prisons has lead to more "criminals", I can't fathom how anyone could support Republicans as they are textbook cartoon villains.
    how are they textbook cartoon villains???

10+ Year Old Account
    privatization of the prisons has lead to more "criminals"
    I'm looking forward to you proving this one. Show how privatization of prisons has directly lead to an increase in criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    stop calling democrats liberals as they are still far more conservative then anything else. not to mention you have "liberals" also in the republican party if you actually know what that term means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    You caught us. We're all just Dick Dastardly and Cruella de Vil.
    I always knew Dick Cheney sounded like the name of a 80's Cartoon Villian. Considering how bad Cartoon Villains are at achieving their goals. That explains quite a allot about the US :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong, privatisation of healthcare has lead to bigger costs, privatization of the prisons has lead to more "criminals", I can't fathom how anyone could support Republicans as they are textbook cartoon villains.
    privatization has ruined more then it has improved in a lot of branches.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking forward to you proving this one. Show how privatization of prisons has directly lead to an increase in criminals.
    plenty of documentaries and scandals about how judges get paid to send people to jail since the more people the jail holds the more the government has to pay them, was a documentary about actually rather young people being send to jail for very minor crimes.

It's a vicious cycle same with healthcare in the US, the less healthcare they provide the more profit they make, that's why such things should be kept out of private hands since doing the opposite of what they are suppose to do is the best way to increase profits yearly.

Deleted
    The US is the only country in the world where you can run a prison and make profit, the US is also the only country in the world where 1% of its citizens are in jail. Also not criminals but "criminals"

7+ Year Old Account
    The US is the only country in the world where you can run a prison and make profit, the US is also the only country in the world where 1% of its citizens are in jail.
    they have 3 million?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    they have 3 million?
    No slightly less then 1% apparantly, if wiki is trustable:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rceration_rate

So I was wrong, but not by much.

7+ Year Old Account
    No slightly less then 1% apparantly, if wiki is trustable:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rceration_rate

So I was wrong, but not by much.
    it says adult 0.94% adults arent the only ones in reality its lower than 0.94% of population

Deleted
    it says adult 0.94% adults arent the only ones in reality its lower than 0.94% of population
    Regardless of the %, the US prison and justice system is broken, they are up there along with dictatorships as far as incarceration rates goes and the privatisation of prisons is something that is pretty perverse and corrupt in my eyes.

The initial statement was "privatisation is something magical that makes everything cheaper and better" and my response was bullshit, look at the US's broken healthcare and prison system and I'm still waiting to be corrected with actual arguments instead of denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a show recorded for some time.... Last night we had quite a sucker of a storm moving through, so all the noise kept me awake. Watched it.

History Channel (I know, but it was good)..
    Blood and Glory The Civil War in Color: The March to War

That shit was quite intense to see... And it became again pretty puzzling how the roles essentially reversed....
    The Democrats were the crazies, the Republicans the reasonable ones.
    Well not absolutely exactly. But at least tendentiously.
    It also showed how there are still today a lot of those underlying diversities present in the population, that once ultimately lead to this brutal war.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the %, the US prison and justice system is broken, they are up there along with dictatorships as far as incarceration rates goes and the privatisation of prisons is something that is pretty perverse and corrupt in my eyes.
    usa is compared dictratorship? are you drugging?

Deleted
    usa is compared dictratorship? are you drugging?
    The US has the worlds largest prison population. Their are indeed Dictatorships with fewer Prisoners.