How'd they nerf Thrall?

I haven't played Thrall since... March or so. I was playing on a friend's acc on which I had him but now i have my own and I would like to buy Thrall...

But I heard he got gutted.

What exactly did they nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Momentum is gone. And it hit him harder than Valla. Also his heal got nerfed.

They nerfed his mana gain through Mana Tide - lvl 4 talent. From 20 > 15
    ...and he is really getting OOM a lot now.

Deleted
    Like the 2 above have said, his passive heal got slightly nerfed and Mana tide got nerfed abit, but most importantly Battle Momentum got removed, this talent is basically what made his Windfury build, cause your cooldowns would get reduced massively each time you windfury'd because you'd get so many hits in very fast.
    he's still viable, i'd dare say he's still strong even, just not top tier anymore, also Illidan and Jaina are very popular atm and he struggles alot against them

I played him after Battle Momentum was removed and still thought he's amazing, so that's not much of a problem.

The mana thing though, that hurts.

And as Thrall I eat Illidan alive.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2015-04-25 at 11:59 AM.

Mana Tide being nerfed is not really a nerf since every smart player took Envenom anyway. The real nerf was the removal of Battle Momentum and the nerf on his heal and chain lightning damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I played him after Battle Momentum was removed and still thought he's amazing, so that's not much of a problem.

The mana thing though, that hurts.

And as Thrall I eat Illidan alive.
    Bad Illidan's then

What can Illidan even do, honestly?

A windfury full combo eats up most of his life. You also have a stun and a root to get around evasion.

15+ Year Old Account

A windfury full combo eats up most of his life. You also have a stun and a root to get around evasion.
    Yeah, mainly just have to wait for evasion then you can wail on him.

But anyways, Thrall first got a huge nerf a few patches ago, threw battle momentum and heal from resilience. Then the last patch they buffed his healing half way and then buffed his Lighting then nerfed his mana. So he is pretty balanced now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love Battle Momentum back and his talents rearranged to make non-Windfury builds viable.

Honestly, all of the melee assassins (Illidan included) are pretty mediocre. The only reason Illidan gets by is people stuff him full of heals and shields.

i still like him, im just not INlike with him

15+ Year Old Account

Any Illidan with half a brain will save his Evasion for Windfury. In a straight-up slugfest, Illidan should win every time, as he will be able to Eva every single WF which both denies Thrall his passive procs AND his main source of damage.

Of course, if he's a chump and doesn't Eva the WF, he'll get owned. There's a lot of bad Illidans out there.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Any Illidan with half a brain will save his Evasion for Windfury.
    Any Thrall with half a brain saves his WF for after Evasion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Any Thrall with half a brain saves his WF for after Evasion?
    Illidan can out-dps Thrall, if Thrall does not use WF, even if Illidan does not use Evasion. Thrall is pretty dependent on WF for single-target damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Root has no effect on Evasion. Sundering has a short, .5 seconds wind up time, and Illidan can negate it with Dive or SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.