Deleted

WoW token effect on item prices on AH

Hello

I've been selling crafted gear upgrade items (made with savage blood) on AH for past several weeks. My "crafting day" is usually Friday or Saturday, when I just use all my proff cd mats and savage bloods, then dump the lot on the AH.

What I did noticed today, is that prices of majority of crafted stuff had increased pretty significantly since last week.

Last week I had 14 gear upgrades, 8 gems, 4 epic rings and 4 tailoring epics (+2 royal satchels) - for a total of 166,000 gold
    This week I have 15 gear upgrades, 10 gems, 4 epic rings and 2 tailoring epics for a total of... 227,000 gold!

Savage blood alone ramped up from 175g to 250-280g. Sorcerous mats used to be 27-30g for cheap bulk-buying, now it's hard to find any below 40g each.

This price ramp happened across the board on all crafted gear and mats. Could this be an effect of casual players suddenly having easy access to large amounts of gold purchaseable via the wow token? I mean 44,000g takes some semblence of knowledge in game to get it quickly, while 20 euro's is hourly wage for many Western EU players... 40k+ per hour isn't sustainable gold gain let's just say.

Players that make decent IRL wage and purchase the gold via tokens have little second thoughs on spending it on overpriced gear upgrades apparently :P Easy come, easy gone they say.

That savage blood ramp can be an effect of ppl saving rushing orders for 6.2 though. Rather than spending them now, they want to stockpile them to gain access to large amounts of "new" savage blood quickly.

How's your realms been going lately on crafting?

Deleted
    Welcome to Macroeconomics ECON101.
    Story is easily told: I give players gold (and save my real money) so that they can buy my stuff. I got my gold back. Demand pull, supply stays the same. Price rises.

Oh, also: this transaction is taxed with (20-13)/20 = 35% by Blizzard
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-04-25 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    this data is infuenced by the ptr 6.2 data. upgrades 5 and 6 introduction.

when the stage 4 were introduced in 6.1, few weeks after BRF opened, the stage 4 "were" only 680 ilvl, and therefore not (that much) interesting for people wearing highmaul 685 mythic gear, and people already cleared big chuck of BRF heroic. those people know now that the crafted gear will be BIS for progression at the beginning, so a lot of people already start preparing for this.

just wanted to mention this.

I'm seeing a slightly different change since tokens were activated: TCG mounts basically vanished from AH.