Current state of elemental shamans?

Hello mmo-c! So i've recently got back into raiding on my ele, and I gotta say... It dosnt feel what it used to be, or atleast what it used to be in my eyes :P

currently sitting around 661 ilvl due to 2 shitty trinkets

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ershock/simple

But on most ST fights I feel that I can only do sub 30k, depending on length. and I feel its so much less than other classes are able to do.

My monk alt wich is at 630 or so can easily maintain 20k+ dps on most ST fights and 30k on cleave. Feels wrong

I may also say I feel I master the elemental playstyle rather well, 100% uptime on FS, LvB on CD, rarly overlap lavasurge procs, and rest seems fairly well. Im afraid I dont have any logs to provide atm, as ive only done a couple of raid since I started.

Also, if I remember correctly, back in 5.X we had pretty decent burst right? I remember in SoO I could easily top the charts while bursting, depending on who I played with, but now, unless I go ele mastery, I can barly burst 40k or so. while others, granted abit better gear, got 100-150k bursts :P

and yeah, burst isnt everything, but I recall hearing rumors that ele shamans were the class to bring if you needed quick ST burst or high maintianed aoe. And sure, the aoe is pretty sick, but I feel that even the tanks could burst more than me :P

[TL;DR]
    I guess what im asking you guys are:

- What are your thoughts on the state of elemental shamans now?
    - Do you feel that you can keep up in raids?

Ele is currently a spec that can be fairly competetive, but requires a highly skilled player, and the proper gear.

I have no problem keeping up in our mythic team. Typically top 3 or 4. Multiple top 10 parses. Its all about learning all the little thinings you can do to squeeze that extra dps.

As an example; I missed a #1 parse on Kromogg this week because I let a chain lighting get interrupted. I knew the hand i was cleaving off of was going to die before the cast went off, but I didnt change targets. I was still 3rd in our raid, even though i got a #3 parse.

Being an average ele shaman wont get us anywhere. We have to play harder and tighter than everyone else to be competetive.