Do I need a soundcard/amp for the Sennheiser G4ME ONEs?

My current motherboard is asrock z77 oc formula. I plan to the buy the headset soon, just wondering if I should buy a soundcard/amp with it. Looking for a low-mid range soundcard/amp. Nothing too spendy since the headset is already 180

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At 50 Ω, not really. I'd just buy the headset and see how it sounds, but I doubt a soundcard/DAC/amp would make any huge difference.

Though higher SNR is a possibility to help, however if you don't know what that is, you probably need not worry, then. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I could drive my PC360 fine off of both motherboard integrated, laptop integrated and my phone and they are also have a 50Ω.
    You would benefit from a sound card, of course, but I honestly think that the correct way to spend money on sound gear is to spend it on the drivers (in this case, headset) before investing in any auxillary device.
    For instance, if you had already budgetted for the sound card, for instance, I'd suggest reinvesting them into the headset budget instead.
    Sound cards can always be added later should you see the need, but there is no requirement for now.

Deleted
    depends a lot in how important the audio is for you, "needed" i wouldnt say is, almost anything will drive them since they are 50Ω, but from my experience there was a huge difference between using the sound card from my mobo; which asus says that has enough power to drive even 150Ω headset (maximus hero 7) and my dac/amp Fiio e10, the moment i connect them to the amp, OMG u could hear why this things cost €200 it was so amazing, tbh before the amp i was little bit disappointed because they didnt sound much better than a €30 headset but if you are not planing to buy an external amp i would highly recommend buy lot cheaper headset

Volume of Sennheiser PC360 was way too low for my taste with Asrock Z77 mobo audio, but it worked.

Got the cheapest (here) headphone amplified soundcard Asus Xonar DG/DGX and it was notable improvement.