Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    And they still got Azjol Nerub out as a dungeon along with Ahn'kahet. So it wasn't entirely scrapped but rather used as dungeons.
    Obviously Farahlon is irrelevant to the story when it never even happened. If Blizzard ever made Farahlon you bet yourself they'd make it relevant to the story. Heck, on the datamined maps there was iron horde structures on Farahlon. They obviously were working on Farahlon as They simply scrapped the sh** out of a lot of crap.

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/dreanorlocations.jpg

Blizzard f**ked up. There is no way around it really. This expansion has been 1 big miss.
    Oh yes a tiny dungeon is comparable to a zone that spans most of northrend.
    Expansion is fine. had they never said faralohn y'all would stfu. But nope time to panic! Panic about completely irrelevant things.

Oh btw that isn't alot of shit. It's flat mostly the terran is completely undone. as in the weren't sure how they wanted to go with the story and it really didn't matter for their goals to use faralohn.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2015-04-26 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Expansion is fine. had they never said faralohn y'all would stfu. But nope time to panic! Panic about completely irrelevant things.
    Better than nothing eh? But back in Wrath they actually cared......

God I loved the ICC 5 mans they added, too bad we will never see relevant dungeons again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Better than nothing eh? But back in Wrath they actually cared......

God I loved the ICC 5 mans they added, too bad we will never see relevant dungeons again.
    Yes they cared so much they copy and pasted Naxx and all the armor assets to go with it. such care

Oops mythic 5 mans drop mythic blackrock foundry gear. sounds relevant to me. oh nvm you want to complain for the sake of it I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Oh btw that isn't alot of shit. It's flat mostly the terran is completely undone. as in the weren't sure how they wanted to go with the story and it really didn't matter for their goals to use faralohn.
    They talked plenty about Farahlon, but they weren't sure it would make it yes. But wait, suddenly they knew it wouldn't make it. What a bugger. Wait, now Tanaan is being pushed back as well! Oh boy, best expansion 2015 10/10 would buy for 50 bucks again. Or you're going to tell me Tanaan Jungle was always planned for 6.2? God damn laughable. WoTLK had the novelty of launching with 9 zones (Almost wanted to dismiss Crystalsong, but Dalaran lies there) including Wintergrasp whereas WoD launched 7 w/ Ashran (also Ashran is so bad I almost considered counting 6 zones, but alas) and Tanaan is coming for 6.2. Even w/ Tanaan.

Farahlon was basically needed to tip the scales. It's the god damn Netherstorm, you can't make a alternative Draenor and not have us see Netherstorm before it exploded. I'd sacrifise Nagrand anytime since that zone is virtually untouched for WoD anyways.

It's not a question of it it mattered for their goals, lol. They said explicitly they wanted Farahlon in the game, but it was scrapped. They worked on the zone. I still hope that they haven't scrapped it 100% and will reuse whatever they had. They did clearly manage to make a iron dock and some kind of castle. Finish it up or something.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/#world

I mean just look at the map. It's right there. You don't add a continent to the Draenor map as a mere acknowledgement of it's existence. It was something they had planned to make which never happened. Just like Farahlon is at the top right.
    Check the in-game map - Farahlon isn't on it anymore.

Besides, I was commenting more on the under water ogre island thing, which is completely from left field, and never been mentioned. They lumped the ogre continent in with Farahlon - as a "maybe we'll go there, maybe we won't." The Ogre story in WOD is over, so what would be the point? Gul'dan isn't going to find any friends there, as his (new fel) Iron Horde killed their emperor and capital city. Wrathion is most likely not coming back into the story.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them open it up, but at this point, I don't see it happening, unless 7.0 is severely delayed - and in that case, I see Farahlon coming first, as they had the island already built when it was going to be the boosted character zone - those "google maps" versions of the WOW map show it:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenor?file=Draenor18156v2.jpg

There's no art assets for the continent.

- - - Updated - - -

And they still got Azjol Nerub out as a dungeon along with Ahn'kahet. So it wasn't entirely scrapped but rather used as dungeons.
    Obviously Farahlon is irrelevant to the story when it never even happened. If Blizzard ever made Farahlon you bet yourself they'd make it relevant to the story. Heck, on the datamined maps there was iron horde structures on Farahlon. They obviously were working on Farahlon as They simply scrapped the sh** out of a lot of crap.

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/dreanorlocations.jpg

Blizzard f**ked up. There is no way around it really. This expansion has been 1 big miss.
    Gorgron looks so badass on that map, with the train going around. It still kills me that the entire model of Highmaul is on the map, but we can't explore it except in a raid.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2015-04-27 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Auto-correct must die!

It'll be interesting to see if they somehow manage to pull of their annual or even bi-annual expansions.. and whether or not they'll actually finish them and include all of the content, or cut everything and do the bare minimum whilst charging full price, as was the case with WoD.

I personally was looking forward to WoD, with the hopes that maybe it would be a little longer as there was a lot more that the story writing department could flesh out and make interesting and appealing, sort of like in WoTLK there were multiple storylines that were fleshed out before it was over. But it's looking more and more like it's not going to happen which kind of makes me sad. At the same time it's setting a precedent for them that they can ship unfinished products, then scrap even more and still make money.