Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Farahlon is finally coming.....for followers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNtIvFnHfTg

I mean seriously. The running gag on why Followers do not have to pay for a sub even though they experience more content than we do, is funny and all. But this borders on a self parody by Blizzard.

People looked forward to Farahlon and instead we send our minions to that place while we farm garrison resources for destructable ships.

Already had a follower mission to Farahlon.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

We're commanders now, we don't get to go to fun places like Farahlon anymore. Now sit in your garrison while your followers get to do all the content.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Farahlon has absolutely ascended to a joke at this point. They acknowledge it exists, and that we'll never see it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Farahlon has absolutely ascended to a joke at this point. They acknowledge it exists, and that we'll never see it.
    We get follower missions for it, even in the legendary quest line. And yet it is no where to be seen on the maps. How do they find it? My followers must be some bad ass adventurers.

Deleted
    Blizard is pretty much a joke right now. How a company with its revenues and resources can be so appalling bad at getting things out and project management is amazing.

That initial quest dialogue after turning in The Final Assault seems to further confirm two tiers, though I was already thinking we're getting a Spring 2016 7.0 anyway

Also Khadgar's quest text for this entire questline has been mostly humorous/joke-laden, not a very serious dude, so it doesn't surprise me that they're throwing in a quip about Farahlon. "nearly impossible to get to" Less chance we'll see it in a 6.3 situation. I can definitely see why people thought it was Guldan or somebody in a Khadgar suit because the guy just seems so fake to me, and just an outlet for jokes/fun banter with the player. Perhaps they were trying to make him more likable, as a sort of Lorewalker Cho replacement. That could be what they were going for. Plus we're at odds with Wrathion so we wouldn't want to place our trust in a random guy again unless he was like this, idk
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-25 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole extensive of Netherstorm is a lie then. I really want to see on what the famous purple corrupted looked like and where it came from and why is changed so suddenly into broken chunks of itself.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    We get follower missions for it, even in the legendary quest line. And yet it is no where to be seen on the maps. How do they find it? My followers must be some bad ass adventurers.
    Draenei have a city out there. They should know where it is. They should also know safe means of transportation to it. Hell, they might even have some of these magic pearls just sitting around.

Blizzard is pretty much ignoring that the draenei had a fairly major presence on Farahlon to justify the whole "We don't know where it is" and "It's difficult to get to" storylines to explain why we can't get there.

It's just lazy.

Part of me is holding out that it's their trump card for a possible third tier (the argument of which is better suited for the other topic and not here) and that our followers being able to get there means the possibility is opened up for us (or Gul'dan/Garrosh) to go there in the future. Then again this is me being highly optimistic in the face of the reality of the situation, which I'm very well aware of.

Are you not entertained, OP?

Just think how economically feasible it is... you used to pay 15 a month to play the entire game... but now with followers, your sub fee enables you to actually experience less content for the same great price!!

I mean.. how can anyone not LOVE that idea?

*grin*

The entire expansion and Blizzard are a joke. The biggest joke is charging more money for less content.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    The whole extensive of Netherstorm is a lie then. I really want to see on what the famous purple corrupted looked like and where it came from and why is changed so suddenly into broken chunks of itself.
    A lie? LOL.

Netherstorm was Faralhon after the world blew up from too many portals were opened. That sequence of events won't happen in this AU, Netherstorm will never exist in this version of Dreanor.

I still can't figure out how you could possibly call this a "lie".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Draenei have a city out there. They should know where it is. They should also know safe means of transportation to it. Hell, they might even have some of these magic pearls just sitting around.

Blizzard is pretty much ignoring that the draenei had a fairly major presence on Farahlon to justify the whole "We don't know where it is" and "It's difficult to get to" storylines to explain why we can't get there.

It's just lazy.
    And, explain why the Horde is grinding Laughing Skull rep, when they live there.

It actually saves me a lot of time. I can log in and have my followers experience content for me.

Deleted
    blizz has turned into a joke

Jay Wilson says Farahlon isnt fun......

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The entire expansion and Blizzard are a joke. The biggest joke is charging more money for less content.
    Even bigger joke is that we, the players, ate that shit up and accepted it. I hope we as a community are smart enough to not buy into Blizzard come their next expansion, especially if their price continues to be high for half the content. WoD feels like a $30 tops expansion, not nearly a $40 one like the rest of the expansions, and in no f'ing way a $50 like they charged.

Lucky for me, I picked this up two weeks after launch for $35, so I didn't waste as much money as others.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    That initial quest dialogue after turning in The Final Assault seems to further confirm two tiers, though I was already thinking we're getting a Spring 2016 7.0 anyway
    I really think that is their only option at this point. I think it's been blatantly obvious since before WoD even launched that the next expansion is going to be Burning Legion themed, so it's time to toss this abomination of an expansion into the trash heap with Cataclysm and move on. Best thing they could do is get 6.2 out for June, a fluff 6.3 with some more Burning Legion members and Gul'Dan as the most likely end boss of that raid around December, and then move on to the, not surprising at all, Burning Legion expansion as soon as next June.

Frankly, I've given up on Blizzard as a company. They're out for the quick cash grab, not a compelling and enjoyable story for the customers.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2015-04-26 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Are you not entertained, OP?

Just think how economically feasible it is... you used to pay 15 a month to play the entire game... but now with followers, your sub fee enables you to actually experience less content for the same great price!!

I mean.. how can anyone not LOVE that idea?

*grin*

Be fair, its less content for MORE money. 50 dollar box fee and all.

YOu all are so sour.

Too bad 6.2 is one of the largest Raid patches if not the largest of all time so it makes you all look like blubbering whiners.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Be fair, its less content for MORE money. 50 dollar box fee and all.
    More in game systems per activity is actually more content. Or else we can pretend 4 difficulty raids and 5 difficulties of 5 mans soon doesn't exist and just go back to one raid mode while you do Highmaul the entire expansion. You know. like the old days.#Karazhan

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    YOu all are so sour.

Too bad 6.2 is one of the largest Raid patches if not the largest of all time so it makes you all look like blubbering whiners.
    This guy again.

Not every one raids bub. Shit I raid, I would still like a reason to play out side of raid nights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    YOu all are so sour.

- - - Updated - - -

More in game systems per activity is actually more content. Or else we can pretend 4 difficulty raids and 5 difficulties of 5 mans soon doesn't exist and just go back to one raid mode while you do Highmaul the entire expansion. You know. like the old days.#Karazhan
    1 raid is 1 raid is 1 raid. If I buy a video game I dont say I bought 3 cause it had easy, normal, hard.