Poll: How toxic have your games been?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

7+ Year Old Account

As of April 25 2015 have you noticed a decline in toxicity?

Over the past month or so whenever I get on there seems to be far fewer toxic players than I'm used to. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I played with someone who wasn't at least a little friendly? Is it just because I'm in bronze 6 or something? What gives? Has anyone else noticed a trend like this?
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Over the past month? Not really. In my experience, it has been declining for at least a year. Some actually credit vvvortic for turning some toxicity into a joke with his parody.

Deleted
    over the past two years i've noticed far less toxic players

it's also around the same time i stopped getting mad in my games, and try to keep a good mood running (also around the same time i got into gold and higher mmr games)

It's hit or miss for me. I had a guy throwing a hissy because I said I was support and picked Ezreal to play a poke lane with my friend after he locked Lulu and said he was supporting. I was like 'nah man we're doing a poke lane *I also picked ahead of him*'. He bitched in game a bunch in chat about how I 'fucked up', but we snowballed his lane and they FF'd at 20min lol.

I find that people are often less toxic when they play the role they want to play. If they're forced onto something they don't want to do they usually bitch more and play sloppier.

Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    Over the past month or so whenever I get on there seems to be far fewer toxic players than I'm used to. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I played with someone who wasn't at least a little friendly? Is it just because I'm in bronze 6 or something? What gives? Has anyone else noticed a trend like this?
    Nope because their system punishes victims rather than the actual toxic players. All you need is to duo queue and report whoever you want to be a dick to with your duo and they'll get their game flagged and enough people are doing this already to where innocent people are chat restricted. Then once you're chat restricted it's so easy for them to just say to the other team "report X he's toxic and a jerk" and you can't defend yourself. No riot employee reads logs before you're restricted(chat or ranked restricted). A computer is doing the restrictions, one that cannot read logs. It simply goes by reported games.

I believe multiple reports from premade groups only count as one report, meaning people cannot use their friends to try and get people banned.

I'm not sure if I read this or just dreamed it up, but I also think the system for chat restrictions does actually scan through logs and picks out thing like expletives, racist, sexist and homophobic etc. remarks. Riot has an entire department devoted to policing its user base, and they come up with quite a few interesting systems. I wouldn't be surprised if Riot has scored a few lucrative analytical patents out of its development efforts.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2015-04-26 at 05:19 AM.
    RETH

Deleted
    The whole "toxic" thing is a big joke anyways, some people will have bad days and take it to their games or naturally come off as hostile when talking but people who act like every game has someone throwing racial slurs and raging at others are just exaggerating

Maybe abit :P had 10 ranked games in plat without any assholes :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I really haven't played in quite some time. I have played maybe 3 games in normal since the revamp (which looks great btw).

I have always found that duo queues are the most toxic and my last game was no exception. Duo queues quite frequently only care about the performance of themselves and their partners, and will neglect playing as a 5 person team as long as the 2 people do well. Furthermore if there is ANY issue or conflict with members of the team you guarantee that the 2 will gang up on that player (right or wrong) and report them at the end of the match.

Bot (not bottom) games are pretty pathetic, not at all challenging, and not a good representation of what a normal game will be like.

So first I tried to jungle, which has changed dramatically since the previous version of the map... and I wasn't at all prepared for it... and despite the fact that I was very apologetic and aware of my poor performance... I still had quite a few asshats who were downright FURIOUS about the loss. (IN NORMAL)

My last game was with the asshat quo queue I mentioned previously. I played adc this match and had an appearance from our jungler in our lane only once... and all he did was rob creeps. His duo queue partner (mid) got absolutely babysat mid lane, and despite the fact that he had no deaths, he had very few kills, little damage done, and his creep score was terrible, oh and he never took the tower. I did pretty terrible myself early game... and got ganked by jungler twice, lost my lane, lost my tower. Pretty poor performance from someone supposedly ranked silver... but I came back, kept my head down, farmed, participated in team fights where I could. Managed to secure a score of 12 kills and 6 deaths. But despite the fact that I was able to pull my head out of my ass... I still got verbally trashed the WHOLE FUCKING GAME, and was reported by at least 2 (the duo queue) and had to defend myself to the other team, when the duo queue petitioned the other team to report as well. (1) I shouldn't have to DEFEND myself against abuse of the reporting system (2) a poor performance, is a poor performance and shouldn't be report worthy to begin with

my point being here is that the toxicity is ever prevalent, and that it is probably worse than it has been in the past. Worse, I find that so many douchebags queue up as duo queues troll teammates and provoke them into a response, then play the victim and turn around and report them. The reporting system imo is broken, not fair, and its abuse is almost worse than the toxic behavior because the the toxic players are using the report system to perpetuate their own toxic behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really noticed decline
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I definitely noticed less toxic people when I mute everyone at 5 seconds in.
    There was a time when I did this every game without exception, even if chat logs are perfectly normal in pick and ban phase. Sure enough I climbed up.

Lately, I've encounted less toxic players, but just dumb luck really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had a pretty toxic pairing in a game two nights ago - kept going on about how they were the greatest and the rest of us sucked, kept screwing around adventuring through the jungles and occasionally walking under turrets. Lost, queued up again, got put on their team again. That was a sucky night - at least it wasn't ranked ><
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Not at all, in fact I've seen a steady increase in toxicity (in my own ranked games at least) since the new season started ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the same. Maybe a little more possibly with this new system in place and people seeing how far they can push their luck. I've had to report a few people lately that pretty much said they don't care about the new automatic system and nothing will happen to them. I guess they're right because I thought we were supposed to get a notification if action was taken against the reported player but oh well that's what the ignore button is for

Deleted
    can't say it's better or worse... I wish it was better

I swear if I hear someone say ''toxic'' unironically I'm going to slap someone.

No, the harassment isn't going down. People just found new ways to do it without risking a ban/gag.