Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Then maybe you should have choosen that quote better or high lighted the part of interest.

I explicitly stated the point of interest. You quoted the sentence in which I did just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    That won't get anyone convicted.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_B...an_football%29
    Yeah, that's never happened.

Jesus Christ. I'm happy I don't live there.

This is how you create monsters. The vengeance I would take on her if that happened to me makes me shudder.

How about just not considering somebody guilty before it is proven?

Why is the media even allowed to throw names around as criminals after only accusations?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Jesus Christ. I'm happy I don't live there.

This is how you create monsters. The vengeance I would take on her if that happened to me makes me shudder.
    Its not THAT bad, I mean he COULD be a rapist so we may as well make sure his future is ruined
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    How about just not considering somebody guilty before it is proven?

Why is the media even allowed to throw names around as criminals after only accusations?

- - - Updated - - -

Its not THAT bad, I mean he COULD be a rapist so we may as well make sure his future is ruined
    /sarcasm
    IF people were a little more rational and didn't jump to stupid conclusions over little to no information his life wouldn't be ruined. We don't know which is the real guilty party in this situation yet.

Tho I do think her "art" project was a bad idea for the school to endorse, given the lack of certainty in the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I dunno here, the school was clearly implicit in assisting her to damage the guys reputation and should be held accountable.

He was found not guilty twice but they still let her used school equipment and personell to further her actions.

I'm guessing the school will settle quickly and outside of the courtroom.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    IF people were a little more rational and didn't jump to stupid conclusions over little to no information his life wouldn't be ruined. We don't know which is the real guilty party in this situation yet.

Tho I do think her "art" project was a bad idea for the school to endorse, given the lack of certainty in the situation.
    "people" - yes, people like the administration at Columbia, Senator Gillibrand, and Mz. Sulkowicz. Those stupid people who want to follow the trendy 'rape culture' teachings and make a name for themselves by defaming an innocent man.
    He doesn't have to be 'proven' innocent. The facts of what happened between him and the girl are in 'he said she said' space. It's going to take a judge to go through the evidence, conclude that the smears are false, and then take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Ok, but this is not an USA forum. Internet is pretty much global. If you say you are american, I am like ... where are you from exactly ? Do you even speak english ?
    This is a forum that attracts people from many countries, but America is an accepted term for the United States, while the Americas is in reference to the aggregate North and South America; the American continent. This really is a trivial argument, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because those who commit rape are predominantly male.

There's no discrimination occurring here. Innocent men are not charged with/found guilty of rape any more often than anyone is of any other crime. Are there false claims? Yes. Is that bad? Yes. Is there an unusual rash of false claims targeting men of rape, moreso than targeting anyone of any other crime? No.
    First, I would like to say that I'm happy that I read the whole back-and-forth between the two of you.
    Second, you can probably have just dismissed pateuvasiliu's comments with "It doesn't matter if all false rape convicts are male in this case.", because it doesn't have any bearing on the topic of slander.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/student-...-claim-tossed/

So this guy was cleared(it seems rather concrete) and is suing the school. I don't understand how the girl isnt kicked out of the school. Hopefully this is inspires colleges to not deal with serious matters like rape, as they seem to be worse at them than the police.
    This pleases me greatly.

I hate rapists, but I also hate those who ruin lives over false claims. I know the girl will not be touched (tragedy) but that school needs the living fuck sued out of them badly. They may need to re-think how they deal with future cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    I dunno here, the school was clearly implicit in assisting her to damage the guys reputation and should be held accountable.

He was found not guilty twice but they still let her used school equipment and personell to further her actions.

I'm guessing the school will settle quickly and outside of the courtroom.
    I know they will and good on him for getting a nice fat check. But i kinda wish this goes to court and the school gets rocked legally.

Well the conservative studies show that the false rape accusations are about 3x the average of other criminal accusations ... but the methods to determine the statistics are just not well developed. Some more wild studies show around 40-50% of rape claims to be false, but we can dismiss those without much regard. Regardless to claim that false rape accusation is as frequent as false claims in other criminal cases require ppl to be pretty ignorant of the facts.

It does happen more often than in case of othe crimes, that's pretty clear.
    A few things...
    - I'm going to need one hell of a citation to prove that false rape accusations are even close to 3 times more common than that of other crimes, in proportion to total accusations.
    - While I'm glad that you realize that the 40% - 50% statistics can be dismissed, as they all have problematic methodologies and bias (as the 2% study does, though not to the same extent), bringing them up is inane in this context unless you actually believe them true.
    - There's no being "ignorant of the facts" when it comes to false rape claims... while we know that there is a minimum of 5.9% of rape claims being false accusations, no one knows the exact number. While we estimate it to be around 10%, to fall in line with rates of false accusations for other crimes, we don't actually have enough accurate data in order to make any concrete claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Xarim wrote a long post describing the case.
    His post contained no citations, so it is dismissable.

It was not proven in court that it was false accusation, because she herself stopped the police from investigating it.
    Which isn't in itself evidence of a false accusation.

Which makes suing her perfect. She does not want to go to court to prove him guilty, he will go to court to prove himself innocent and to shut her up.
    And if he does, good for him.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....

Of course the school won't censor the girl, could you imagine the backlash from the Feminazis? It would be insane.

Take that Rolling Stone Rape case as an example; not a shred of proof, not that the reporter even looked, ever came to light and it was eventually exposed as a hoax at best or fraud at worst but has anyone involved in that story been held responsible? Hell no, some even claim it doesn't matter if it was true or not because it could have happened and that's good enough for proof!

Really this "rape culture" showcases the very worst traits of the current generation of feminist.

Of course the school won't censor the girl, could you imagine the backlash from the Feminazis? It would be insane.

Take that Rolling Stone Rape case as an example; not a shred of proof, not that the reporter even looked, ever came to light and it was eventually exposed as a hoax at best or fraud at worst but has anyone involved in that story been held responsible? Hell no, some even claim it doesn't matter if it was true or not because it could have happened and that's good enough for proof!

Really this "rape culture" showcases the very worst traits of the current generation of feminist.
    What troubles me more about this is there are several people still pinning this one on any man involved and making these women look like victims. AT this point I feel like a woman could go and murder all the male children in an orphanage and the people still backing this case would blame the boys for oppressing their female murderer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post

Which isn't in itself evidence of a false accusation.
    This bugs me bro. I hate this type of thinking.

Woman accuses man of rape = "Well he is most likely a rapist. (insert lots of reasons that support why he "may" be a rapist)"
    Woman stops an investigation on said possible rapist = "That doesn't mean he isn't a rapist. he still could be a rapist."

We both know that if a guy was interfering with an investigation damn near everyone with a brain would start thinking that he had something to hide and deem that a guilty act on his part. But when she does it suddenly it is all good and you want to take the high road like it's all good.

Sorry, I was with you until you posted that garbage.
    Last edited by Rhine101; 2015-04-28 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    This bugs me bro. I hate this type of thinking.

Woman accuses man of rape = "Well he is most likely a rapist. (insert lots of reasons that support why he "may" be a rapist)"
    Woman stops an investigation on said possible rapist = "That doesn't mean he isn't a rapist. he still could be a rapist."
    I'm 100% against the idea of condemning an individual prior to conviction, which is why I have nowhere in the thread alluded to the idea of the accused being a rapist. That said, just because she did not want police to proceed with the investigation that does not mean that it was a false accusation. It may be a false accusation, I don't know, and I fully support him taking legal action to prove his innocence and demand reparations from the school that facilitated this harassment and his accuser, in the case he does take legal steps to prove his innocence and is successful.

We both know that if a guy was interfering with an investigation damn near everyone with a brain would start thinking that he had something to hide and deem that a guilty act on his part. But when she does it suddenly it is all good and you want to take the high road like it's all good.
    If someone recanted their wish for an investigation to take place, of course I would be suspicious, but my suspicion is not evidence of anything. I am suspicious of why she didn't want to continue forward, but it's not indicative of anything; suspicion without evidence is relatively meaningless; suspicion is not empirical evidence.
    But warriors....

I'm 100% against the idea of condemning an individual prior to conviction, which is why I have nowhere in the thread alluded to the idea of the accused being a rapist. That said, just because she did not want police to proceed with the investigation that does not mean that it was a false accusation. It may be a false accusation, I don't know, and I fully support him taking legal action to prove his innocence and demand reparations from the school that facilitated this harassment and his accuser, in the case he does take legal steps to prove his innocence and is successful.

If someone recanted their wish for an investigation to take place, of course I would be suspicious, but my suspicion is not evidence of anything. I am suspicious of why she didn't want to continue forward, but it's not indicative of anything; suspicion without evidence is relatively meaningless; suspicion is not empirical evidence.
    what would you consider evidence of a false accusation in general not even to this specific case

Well, so long as you remain consistent I suppose all is well. I have not read anything of you making claims based on suspicion so I will accept your logical robot like thinking on this matter. It just bugs the shit out of me when people are emotional and demanding a man's guilt based on their feelings and suspicions, but when the accuser does some shady shit they get all Vulcan logic and start rationalizing why she made those choices.

it aint right.

A few things...
    - I'm going to need one hell of a citation to prove that false rape accusations are even close to 3 times more common than that of other crimes, in proportion to total accusations.
    - While I'm glad that you realize that the 40% - 50% statistics can be dismissed, as they all have problematic methodologies and bias (as the 2% study does, though not to the same extent), bringing them up is inane in this context unless you actually believe them true.
    - There's no being "ignorant of the facts" when it comes to false rape claims... while we know that there is a minimum of 5.9% of rape claims being false accusations, no one knows the exact number. While we estimate it to be around 10%, to fall in line with rates of false accusations for other crimes, we don't actually have enough accurate data in order to make any concrete claims.
    That's what FBI reported before this whole false rape accusation era started, but like I said ... the methodology was and still is not well developed. To put exact quote:

FBI reports from 1996 put the number of "unfounded" rape accusations at 8%. In contrast, the average rate of unfounded reports for "Index crimes" tracked by the FBI was 2%.[3] The unfounded estimate was criticised as problematic by academic Bruce Gross, as follows.
    Not sure if they released anything more accurate since. Also the claim was 4x more, not 3x. But again, the methodology to get to that number was very bad. Regardless there are strong indications that the girl story is full of lies and I see no reason why the guy shouldn't be able to clear his name in court. Somebody accuses you of a hideous crime, launches a smear campaign targetting you, builds career from it ... you should be allowed to clear your name in court and maybe punish the person responsibe in the process.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2015-04-28 at 10:55 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Well let's discuss the recently revealed messages; if someone raped me I don't think I'd text them a few days later and ask to hang out. Nor would I send 19 messages asking to see that person over the next 8 months.

What sets off my suspicions is that it wasn't reported as a raped until after he told her he didn't want to see her anymore which was almost 9 months after the incident.

To me I see a rejected woman looking to hurt a man who had casual sex with her but did not want a long term relationship.

She was out partying the next day, dont you think people would have noticed the bruises all over her. Because according to her he violently raped her.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's discuss the recently revealed messages; if someone raped me I don't think I'd text them a few days later and ask to hang out. Nor would I send 19 messages asking to see that person over the next 8 months.

What sets off my suspicions is that it wasn't reported as a raped until after he told her he didn't want to see her anymore which was almost 9 months after the incident.

To me I see a rejected woman looking to hurt a man who had casual sex with her but did not want a long term relationship.
    Here's actual transcript of texts between them from his lawsuit: