Poll: How would you gear your new Main

Deleted

Gearing approach with new char

Hi everyone

Currently I'm playing my resto shaman (689) as main char. Due to exams/holidays I'm sadly only at 2/10M but I have offers from up to 8-9/10M guilds /trough connections obvious) if I want to raid again....
    But now I'm probably rerolling on my Healmonk which isn't even 100 by now (later today I think). And thats where the problem comes. I have a really clear plan how to gear my char to a certain point; buying boe's in the ah, farm lfr for items and qitems etc, which should get me fairly easy to 660-670 with maybe nhc involved.

Afterwards, what would you do? Would you endure random raids to gear your char which can take some time if you have bad luck or would go with the dick move of searching a temporary lower raid for gearing and then leaving again. That's what I'm thinking about right now because I never took the second option so far but when I look towards the new raid (even if it still will take some time to be released) I would like to have a good raid as soon as possible

Twinkraids of bnet friends are no options either, because even there most of them are raiding mythic and I understand that they couldnt take me with them there.

Openraid is pretty good. I've recently done the same thing with my Monk. If you sign up for quality runs you usually get 8+/10 Heroic done in 3 or so hours.

Deleted
    Because of how geared PuGs are in the group-finder now almost all items get passed on. The same can be said for any alt / heroic runs your friends likely run from their Mythic guilds.

If you can get to 670 either set up your own PuG or join one of your friends from those Mythic guilds and you'll get to 685 in a couple weeks tops. If you want to go all out get the 2 mythic BoEs for your spec from BRF to boost you even further.

If you think it's a dick move, why would you do it? Are you that selfish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    I have offers from up to 8-9/10M guilds /trough connections obvious) if I want to raid again....
    If they are offering this I'm sure they would not mind running your monk through BRF heroic 1 or 2 times before getting you in the main team, Full mythic groups can clear BRF HC in 1.5 hours not like it is much effort on their part if they are desperate for anoter healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    If you think it's a dick move, why would you do it? Are you that selfish?
    Sometimes ambition is just bigger than worries about random people thinking you are dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    Sometimes ambition is just bigger than worries about random people thinking you are dick.
    Two words: Video game.

Deleted
    Basically. Get arena boosts until you're full conquest capped.
    So, we're 650 at this point and have skipped highmaul.

Now, start a pug for BRF normal/heroic and don't invite any leather users.

When you're getting the pvp boost prioritise jewellery since you'll have to roll on these items in your raids. You can't not invite spirit users unless you're gonna solo heal.

So at this point you've got 660 in all of your non leather slots at least, and are the only leather user in your raids.

For maximum effectiveness make the raids as large as possible.

Should be 680 in 1-2 resets. I haven't done this in wod myself because frankly I can't be fucked. But it's how I geared alts back in mop.

Yes I am a scumbag.

But this is literally the best power gearing guide you're ever going to get. Outside of being funnelled gear by a guild