Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ate some beaver meat in a fancy restaurant in Estonia once, was pretty good! Though for the most part it just had the generic game-meat taste and texture.

Not sure if that counts as exotic but nobody else mentioned it before in this thread, so...

A snake, a turtle and a horse.

Do snails count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Kangoroo. Was good... I don't really remember the taste though.

I've had jerky made with the following meats:
    Bison, elk, alligator, ostrich, boar, yak

Alligator and boar were really good. Ostrich and yak were good. Elk wasn't really distinguishable from actual beef jerky at all and bison was really similar.

The only "exotic" meat I've eaten in anything other than jerky is alligator. Not that I'd oppose trying others, just not a lot of options for them around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exotic? Not really that exotic. All are a stable part of my local cuisine.

Stag
    Boar
    Pheasant
    Dove
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Insect derived protein.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    A snake, a turtle and a horse.
    Walk into a bar...
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    I ate Kangaroo Jerky once, It didn't taste good though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had much exotic meat, I think closest I come is blue whale, moose (exotic to some), eel and some rare types of bird meat.

Right, so you'd just go out in the wilderness and shoot a defenseless bear for the sake of it's meat, when there's already so many other alternatives which doesn't involve shooting an animal just to taste it? Quite a disgusting mentality to keep. Do you have pets? If so, imagine someone just wanting to taste your dog and shoots it, then fries it up.
    As if I'd go in a forest seeking to shoot a bear.

I don't live in America. Getting a gun to go hunt isn't something you do at a Supermarket.

No, I'd go to a restaurant in the mountains that has already killed said bear. The bear's dead. If I don't eat it, someone else will. There's no murder on my part. If anything I am supporting the oh so disgusting meat industry, but meh. I already ''support'' animal cruelty by buying milk, eggs and fur coats.

Deleted
    how Exotic are we saying like not native to your country or are there some animal groups you find that they are part of that.
    Bugs, Ant's to Tarantualles.
    a few belly crawlers, snakes and worms even grubs (big white thingy from australian outback)
    waters dwellers crocs to squid (really squid is like trying to tear thou duck tape)
    i'm missing elk, monkeys/apes, wolf and a few fishies.
    Done the house pets just didn't know at the time (darn father ordering dinner!)
    and jerkys are in a league of their own, they tend to differ from country to country just as much from animal to animal.

But i'm a huge fan of if i kill it, i'm going to eat part of it aswell.
    Last edited by mmocc1a1fece26; 2015-04-26 at 04:06 PM.

Alligator meat propably, but that was once.

Apart from that, venison, though not really exotic, but god damn is it delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horse

yum

Dog

yuck

cat

meh

Oh, I ate a Pug once!

Tastes and looks like pig.

*glances at Winter*

Deleted
    Duck Rabbit Elk Moose I think

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    I'm not trying to sound like yet another preaching vegetarian...

Yet, you failed spectacularly...

10+ Year Old Account
    I never saw Bison as exotic, then again I'm U.S where we got da Bison. I also know a few hunters so all them deer n stuff never seemed too exotic.

Horse though

dat shit be guuuuud and like only a couple countries got dat stuff on the reg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Octopus
    Ostrich
    Alligator
    Bison
    Frog
    Goat
    Deer
    Snail
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Hare (was much more tasty than rabbits)

Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    I wonder how many actually saw the slaughter/witnessed it and still ate the animal?
    For the most part I only eat meat from animals I was there for the slaughter. I always hated the moment where they get their throat cut/stabbed but I really don't care about anything else. Seeing it grow/get slaughtered yourself is one of the best ways to make sure the meat is of good quality and fresh. Always hated supermarket/most restaurants meat.
    I have no problem with eating raw meat that still a bit hot from an animal slaughtered a few minutes earlier. After it's tested for diseases, ofc.

For exotic meat, I don't really like "weird" stuff.
    I've tasted meat of most of the stuff you can hunt(like peacock, hare, deer, quail,boar) but I only liked boar. For some reason sheep/goat/rabbit/hare and some others make me just puke even though I like the taste.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2015-04-26 at 04:46 PM.