Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is a class that can solo easily without much good gear?

I played a WD for awhile... But would like to try something new. What is a good class that can do well without really good gear?

I would say out of Wizard, DH and Barb and Monk (the ones i have), i find Monk the best solo class

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    I would say out of Wizard, DH and Barb and Monk (the ones i have), i find Monk the best solo class
    Which is more fun in your opinion.. dh or monk

Demon Hunter in my opinion, thou if you are a ''new'' player Demon Hunter will be a nightmare for you because of how glass cannon the class is, i would recommend Monk if you really want to play solo, BUT if you want to gear up as efficient as possible group play is faster and better overall more rewarding and as a DH it will be easy for you to find groups compare with Monk

I think a definition of what "really good gear" is and what you mean by "solo". Because those can be taken in a lot of different ways, it's very easy to get "really good gear" if we're not talking about perfect optimisations, I have 8 hours played on my Demon Hunter on S3 and that character has the full Unholy set + an ancient weapon.... I have 3 hours played on my S3 Wizard and it has 4 pieces of the Tal's set, 3 pieces of the Slow time set, 3 pieces of the Fire set + many other "really good" bits.

It's very very easy to get good gear, unless you're talking min-max perfect gear. And what do you mean by soloing? Do you mean clearing Torment 6 solo? because that is incredibly easy to reach at this point, even to the point where you're completely facerolling it... But if we're talking greater rifts at the higher levels then it's a different matter. Witch Doctor is probably one of the weaker solo classes if we're talking greater rifts, but if you look at that in context the top WD this season is already higher than anyone went in the whole of last season on any class.

Barbarian is very easy to gear up, lots of viable builds that will destroy T6 difficulty if that's your thing, but ultimately you can do really well with any class with fairly minimal effort.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

All classes need set bonuses to start soloing effectively. At this point set bonuses are very op and the main dps factor for all classes, and all classes can solo well once they have half decent gear with set bonuses.

Easiest would probably be barb, once you get 6p wastes you become a very efficient and simple farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    All classes need set bonuses to start soloing effectively. At this point set bonuses are very op and the main dps factor for all classes, and all classes can solo well once they have half decent gear with set bonuses.

Easiest would probably be barb, once you get 6p wastes you become a very efficient and simple farmer.
    I'm currently playing around with a Monk. I think once he reaches 70, I will try a Barb.

Any class with a 6p set becomes efficient at farming. Some classes have better "starter builds" which are more effective without gear/sets, but the difference becomes fast obsolete since with some legendaries you can start climbing the Torment ladder.

Pick the class which is most fun for you.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think a definition of what "really good gear" is and what you mean by "solo". Because those can be taken in a lot of different ways, it's very easy to get "really good gear" if we're not talking about perfect optimisations, I have 8 hours played on my Demon Hunter on S3 and that character has the full Unholy set + an ancient weapon.... I have 3 hours played on my S3 Wizard and it has 4 pieces of the Tal's set, 3 pieces of the Slow time set, 3 pieces of the Fire set + many other "really good" bits.

It's very very easy to get good gear, unless you're talking min-max perfect gear. And what do you mean by soloing? Do you mean clearing Torment 6 solo? because that is incredibly easy to reach at this point, even to the point where you're completely facerolling it... But if we're talking greater rifts at the higher levels then it's a different matter. Witch Doctor is probably one of the weaker solo classes if we're talking greater rifts, but if you look at that in context the top WD this season is already higher than anyone went in the whole of last season on any class.

Barbarian is very easy to gear up, lots of viable builds that will destroy T6 difficulty if that's your thing, but ultimately you can do really well with any class with fairly minimal effort.

I wouldn't say its "easy" to get good gear... I've been playing my characters for AWHILE and still do not have the sets for the common builds for all the classes. For example, I've been playing my Barb for a few months and only have 3 Immortal Kings pieces... So I think its all based on luck. No, not I think, it IS all based on luck.

I still can't farm T6 rifts with ease on my barb... Elites/nameds can destroy me quickly If I don't pay attention. Unless of course there's something I am doing wrong like farming the wrong areas but I don't think that plays any role. Another thing is, when I do get legendary drops, they're all the same damn thing yet I keep seeing many players with items I haven't seen and I've been playing for awhile so I don't get it.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2015-04-28 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I wouldn't say its "easy" to get good gear... I've been playing my characters for AWHILE and still do not have the sets for the common builds for all the classes. For example, I've been playing my Barb for a few months and only have 3 Immortal Kings pieces... So I think its all based on luck. No, not I think, it IS all based on luck.

I still can't farm T6 rifts with ease on my barb... Elites/nameds can destroy me quickly If I don't pay attention. Unless of course there's something I am doing wrong like farming the wrong areas but I don't think that plays any role. Another thing is, when I do get legendary drops, they're all the same damn thing yet I keep seeing many players with items I haven't seen and I've been playing for awhile so I don't get it.
    Well I had T6 on easy farm in S3 within 2 days, I levelled 2man but geared up solo. Not sure what to suggest, you only need 2 pieces of the IK now to get the old set bonus (permanent ancients) and that is enough to allow you to do T6. You can farm Act 1 bounties to get a Royal Ring which will likely only take you a few tries, quite possible you get it on the first try.

Then you farm and use blood shards to pick up set pieces, you want to aim for 3 pieces of Raekor/Wastes/IK (any will do) and then you're able to farm T6 with relative ease. To increase your strength you should run Greater Rifts starting from level 1 (so you enter the trial and then portal back to town), and then upgrade the key until you think it's unrealistic and then repeat (keeping the higher keys for later or upgrading gems) and do this until you have all of the legendary gems, then use them and level them to 25.

I don't buy the "i've been playing for months" thing because I've played in S2 and S3 now and in both cases I geared up very quickly and so did all of the guys I know who play it. By "i've been playing for months" what exactly do you mean? How much play time is that and what did you do with that play time, it's a lot more relevant than "been playing for months and got no gear" when there are people who can gear up almost fully within a week.

In S3 I went this path : 2 IK > 4 Raekor > 5 Raekor > 6 Wastes + 2IK > 6 Wastes + 2IK + Bul Kathos > 6 Wastes + Bul Kathos + Focus/Restraint.

Earth/IK/Raekor/Wastes all capable of doing a Greater Rift 40 or above.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-28 at 10:06 PM.

I played with a Barb for leveled my Monk from 40 to 60 in like 5 minutes. They seemed cool.

Well I had T6 on easy farm in S3 within 2 days, I levelled 2man but geared up solo. Not sure what to suggest, you only need 2 pieces of the IK now to get the old set bonus (permanent ancients) and that is enough to allow you to do T6. You can farm Act 1 bounties to get a Royal Ring which will likely only take you a few tries, quite possible you get it on the first try.

Then you farm and use blood shards to pick up set pieces, you want to aim for 3 pieces of Raekor/Wastes/IK (any will do) and then you're able to farm T6 with relative ease. To increase your strength you should run Greater Rifts starting from level 1 (so you enter the trial and then portal back to town), and then upgrade the key until you think it's unrealistic and then repeat (keeping the higher keys for later or upgrading gems) and do this until you have all of the legendary gems, then use them and level them to 25.

I don't buy the "i've been playing for months" thing because I've played in S2 and S3 now and in both cases I geared up very quickly and so did all of the guys I know who play it. By "i've been playing for months" what exactly do you mean? How much play time is that and what did you do with that play time, it's a lot more relevant than "been playing for months and got no gear" when there are people who can gear up almost fully within a week.

In S3 I went this path : 2 IK > 4 Raekor > 5 Raekor > 6 Wastes + 2IK > 6 Wastes + 2IK + Bul Kathos > 6 Wastes + Bul Kathos + Focus/Restraint.

That's fine, you don't have to buy it, but I have absolutely zero reasons to lie or make that shit up. I have been playing my Barb and Monk since the game launched on the PS4 and honestly only have 3 Immortal kings pieces, no joke. It may be hard to believe I completely understand because it just doesnt like it would be feasible but it honestly is.

As for your methods of starting at a lvl 1 Grift, thats actually a good idea. I don't know how I never thought of that. I didn't realize that the gems upgrade 10 lvls everytime you upgrade it which can be quite the jump in difficulty. I watch all these streams of barbs WW'ing everywhere with their health never really going down and when it does, it trickles right back up. Wtf? I have a chunk of lifesteal but nothing that can keep me up incredibly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    That's fine, you don't have to buy it, but I have absolutely zero reasons to lie or make that shit up. I have been playing my Barb and Monk since the game launched on the PS4 and honestly only have 3 Immortal kings pieces, no joke. It may be hard to believe I completely understand because it just doesnt like it would be feasible but it honestly is.

As for your methods of starting at a lvl 1 Grift, thats actually a good idea. I don't know how I never thought of that. I didn't realize that the gems upgrade 10 lvls everytime you upgrade it which can be quite the jump in difficulty. I watch all these streams of barbs WW'ing everywhere with their health never really going down and when it does, it trickles right back up. Wtf? I have a chunk of lifesteal but nothing that can keep me up incredibly well.
    They will use the Blood Funnel rune with Whirlwind, it gives 1% maximum life worth of healing for every crit. If you have a large pack of monsters it will basically instantly heal you to full, they may also have Mighty Belts/Weapons (often Bul Kathos weapons) that could also have life per fury spent stat.

Some also run with Pride of Cassius (belt gives +6 seconds duration on Ignore Pain) with the Ignorance is Bliss rune (5364 life per fury spent)... If you pair that with Ring of the Zodiac (1 second cooldown reduced for every hit with resource spender) you can get 100% uptime on it, which means very high healing from burning Fury with Whirlwind. Alternatively you could run high Cooldown Reduction on your gear + the Gogok legendary gem to gain your cooldown reduction instead of using Zodiac.

I personally only have 6k Life Per Hit (from Paragon), 5.6k life per kill and the rest of my healing comes from Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) and Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss). They will also be running the new Wastes set though, gives 40% damage reduction while whirlwinding.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-29 at 02:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    I played a WD for awhile... But would like to try something new. What is a good class that can do well without really good gear?
    Why don't you just give it a try?

I switched from Monk to Barb. Had someone powerlevel me to 70 in like 30 minutes. I'm still new to the game, so it will take longer to gear for me than 2 days. Plus I've been doing act 1 for the ring.. Did it about 15 times so far and no ring. lol My luck when comes to gear is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    If you have a good build, I found solo wizard to be a crusher of faces.

a dynamo build like
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Sj!iTSZ!cbabZa

The concept is to stack up to cap of dynamo stacks, then burn all your Arcane power on disintegrate, as the dynamo bonus lasts the entire duration of the disintegrate.
    The build is simple. If you find the downtime shitty roll with prodigy instead of blur. 3/4 secondaries are passive, you've got diamond skin as a reflexive osht button, but you could take whatever otherwise.

You get a decent damage boost inside of 15 yards, you get a decent boost to toughness for standing still (you're locked on the spot when casting forked lightning) and the build has a lot of items that can play into it to make it better.

You'll do enough damage to kill mobs on t1/t2 with yellows, and while you're a tad on the squishy side, the build scales very well if only due to the sheer number of flat toughness increases (+55% armor, +20% resist all while standing still, flat 17% damage resistance with an optional 25% more by changing arcane armor). You can swap out arcane armor's rune to take 25% less from all sources at a damage loss, or switch out to other builds as you get gear (like firebirds)
    Last edited by blackblade; 2015-04-29 at 10:20 PM.

monks are by far the easiest class to solo with, without much good gear. the sunwuko build only requires 3/4 pieces to clear t6. that means SWK helm/shoulder/glove and a ring of royal grandeur. as for weapon pretty much any 2hander will do. barbs require tons of work and full waste set/ 4 piece ik to function, wizards.. well FB was nerfed but its still ok i guess... dhs can be great with m6 in T6 farming, but Ue is mostly for grifts. for my money. monks are the fastest class for the least amount of gear needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    I switched from Monk to Barb. Had someone powerlevel me to 70 in like 30 minutes. I'm still new to the game, so it will take longer to gear for me than 2 days. Plus I've been doing act 1 for the ring.. Did it about 15 times so far and no ring. lol My luck when comes to gear is horrible.
    Do public t6 bounties for the ring. You get a guaranteed legendary from the box every time so it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to get a decent ring.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    monks are by far the easiest class to solo with, without much good gear. the sunwuko build only requires 3/4 pieces to clear t6. that means SWK helm/shoulder/glove and a ring of royal grandeur. as for weapon pretty much any 2hander will do. barbs require tons of work and full waste set/ 4 piece ik to function, wizards.. well FB was nerfed but its still ok i guess... dhs can be great with m6 in T6 farming, but Ue is mostly for grifts. for my money. monks are the fastest class for the least amount of gear needed.
    Only downside to SWK set is you want to amulet so you can run leoric's crown, and gambling shards for amulets...yeouch. But for starting off, though, you are absolutely correct.

For the OP, I would recommend checking out either barb or monk. But there's not really any class in game that can solo well without a lot of gear. This is a gear based game; better the gear you have, better off you are, whether you play solo or run in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Only downside to SWK set is you want to amulet so you can run leoric's crown, and gambling shards for amulets...yeouch. But for starting off, though, you are absolutely correct.

For the OP, I would recommend checking out either barb or monk. But there's not really any class in game that can solo well without a lot of gear. This is a gear based game; better the gear you have, better off you are, whether you play solo or run in groups.
    ive never actually wanted the leoric crown. while its nice to have the ammy its not really needed with rorg. the crown adds a max of like 25% cdr, vs 12.5%. while that may sound like a lot after diminishing returns plus beacon of ytar (20% cdr, paragon 10%, shoulders/gloves 8% more each, captain crimson belt/legs 10% more if u go that route) the DR on CDR means leorics doesnt add as much as you would think. plus the ammy always used to roll with terrible stats and no socket. it seems to be fixed now but hey, theres always workable alternatives.
    as for barbs.. raekors needs 5 set( 4 with rorg) but its generally easy to farm Torments with once u get furious charge gains every rune effect