Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[Silent Hills] "No more", say Del Toro

So apparently with all this bullshit going on Between Konami and Kojima, Silent Hills has been cancelled and the Demo being removed from the PS Store on the 28th.

Disappointing to hear seeing as though it looked like it was going to be a great reboot of a classic franchise.

R.I.P in pieces yet another good franchise fucked over by business bureaucracy.

SH and RE have both gone down the shitter, so I'm mostly glad this happened.

I suppose it would have been nice to see if a reboot would have saved it though, but meh.

Of course it was no more the second Kojima productions was no more.

Konami doesn't have another AAA studio. They will relegate the use of their IPs to hired guns like Platinum and shitty mobile games going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my restless dreams, I see that town.
    Silent Hill.
    You promised me you'd take me there again someday. But you never did.
    Well, I'm alone there now... In our 'special place'... Waiting for you...
    Waiting for you to come to see me.
    But you never do
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad, PT was fucking great.

Sauce for his quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce for his quote?
    I think that was more than adequately provided by Bladeface :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Too bad, PT was fucking great.
    Quoted for posterity. Truth. I'm keeping the demo in hopes it will continue to work to show people what could have been.

This is depressing me way more than it probably should be, always felt it was too good to be true. The concept video they posted got me excited for Silent Hill in a way I haven't been in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like said, business bureaucracy fucking with anything good and disappointing fans world wide.

Oh well, I'll just have to put silent hill where it's always been, in my memories.

What do you think about this christabella?

Thats what I thought.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2015-04-26 at 07:43 PM.

I feared it might come to this the moment the first rumors of kojima leaving konami started... It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    So apparently with all this bullshit going on Between Konami and Kojima, Silent Hills has been cancelled and the Demo being removed from the PS Store on the 28th.

Disappointing to hear seeing as though it looked like it was going to be a great reboot of a classic franchise.

R.I.P in pieces yet another good franchise fucked over by business bureaucracy.
    Ya I'm going to need a sorce that proves this.

If it turns out true tho fuck Konami and all this bullshit.

Edit: For everyone coming into the thread and just reading the OP or title this has not been proven yet. Its a rumor at best.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I'm going to need a sorce that proves this.

If it turns out true tho fuck Konami and all this bullshit.

Edit: For everyone coming into the thread and just reading the OP or title this has not been proven yet. Its a rumor at best.
    GDT has already confirmed he and kojima wont collaborate on silent hills anymore.

And Norman Reedus confirmed that its cancelled just now https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...12551457198080

if we could have more of what P.T. brought to the table then this is a sad...sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    GDT has already confirmed he and kojima wont collaborate on silent hills anymore.

And Norman Reedus confirmed that its cancelled just now https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...12551457198080
    Wow.....

/10char

I am highly upset now I was really looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-04-26 at 09:36 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Kinda bummed out about this but at the same time Silent Hill probably should have been put out to pasture a few installments ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Kinda bummed out about this but at the same time Silent Hill probably should have been put out to pasture a few installments ago.
    P.T looked like they were headed in the right track. Downpour was bad, but at least they fucking tried. More than I could say for Homecoming.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    This really bummed me out... Was looking forward to this reboot. The last few SH have been well... shiiiiiit but with P.T you really saw renewed effort in the IP again. And with Kojima leaving Konami they pretty much don't have any strength to stay relative anymore in the gaming industry

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    In my restless dreams, I see that town.
    Silent Hill.
    You promised me you'd take me there again someday. But you never did.
    Well, I'm alone there now... In our 'special place'... Waiting for you...
    Waiting for you to come to see me.
    But you never do
    This is EXACTLY what i felt when i read about the cancelation. f*** Konami, wanted 1 metal gear per year, Kojima said it was impossible to do it then this shit happens. I applaud Kojima for standing up against konami, but im sad to see this... I cant think in a better direction than kojima + del toro for SH... This is a sad sad day =/

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    This really bummed me out... Was looking forward to this reboot. The last few SH have been well... shiiiiiit but with P.T you really saw renewed effort in the IP again. And with Kojima leaving Konami they pretty much don't have any strength to stay relative anymore in the gaming industry
    Look, I'm a fan of MGS... but honestly? I'm not sure Kojima's name really is synonymous with AAA quality anymore.

Mind you... on the flipside, nothing Konami has recently made OUTSIDE of Konjima's name has been AAA either. :P