Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Yes, I suppose you are right, I have to keep in mind, Farming is the only sector where illigal work at. They absolutely do not work at manual labor areas such as Restaurants, hospitals, etc. Because the down and luck African Americans, and other new legal immigrants from low skilled background do not want to work on those areas at all.
    I did say most. Farming was also only a specific example of one of the areas where you hear of a lot of immigrants working.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They aren't citizens, and so aren't entitled to a tax return, afaik under current law.

The education budget is set by the legislature, take that up with them.
    A: Yes. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General determined that $4.2 billion was paid in 2010, up from less than $1 billion in 2005. Leading Democrats are resisting a bill that would stop future payments (factcheck.org (It is a neutral site, they have pissed off both liberals and conservatives)

Again, people are not answering this question, Do they actually Pay taxes or "Pay" taxes like oil companies. Second, since the education budget did not go up, who is paying for the extra heads?
    If they are working at a job where they are getting paid with a normal pay check they absolutely pay taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't citizens, and so aren't entitled to a tax return, afaik under current law.

The education budget is set by the legislature, take that up with them.
    For them to get any tax returns that comes down to how good their fake documents really are and how ballsy they are about risking being discovered.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I did say most. Farming was also only a specific example of one of the areas where you hear of a lot of immigrants working.
    Thats the thing. The reason you HEAR about farming only is due to liberal media. They want to make the impression that illigals want to do only farming sector, the sector that no american wants to work in. But they forget about construction (which is where we spend our stimulus, which is why it stimulates Latin America). Something gotta be done, whether legal immigrants has to be lowered, or illigal ones. Since, both of these and blacks and hispanics born in the U.S. compete for the Same skilled job, it is VERY difficult to rise out of poverty.

A: Yes. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General determined that $4.2 billion was paid in 2010, up from less than $1 billion in 2005. Leading Democrats are resisting a bill that would stop future payments (factcheck.org (It is a neutral site, they have pissed off both liberals and conservatives)
    Ok, so they're eligible for a partial return assuming they have children. They're still being taxed on their income if they can even file a return with the IRS.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you decide that? That they are net positive. Does it include the Earned Income tax break? The reason I ask is because while amount of illigal immigrants went up this year, education funding have not went up.

- - - Updated - - -

Do they actually pay taxes, or "pay" taxes like oil companies like Shale? You know the refund
    Everyone can apply for a Tax ID number...
    To get one does not require citizenship or residency. And that's logical, else foreign companies could not conduct business in the US.
    What one needs is a valid proof of identification, like a passport.
    Now... By tax laws, the IRS is not allowed to share tax information with any other agency.
    That is to protect the privacy of the tax payer.
    Resulting in heaps of illegal immigrants working, paying their taxes as everyone else, every pay period, minus the tax return filing..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you decide that? That they are net positive. Does it include the Earned Income tax break? The reason I ask is because while amount of illigal immigrants went up this year, education funding have not went up.
    They wouldn't qualify for the earned income tax break, since they don't file income taxes, generally.

However, they have to live somewhere, meaning they pay property taxes (or pay rents, which go to paying for the landlord's property taxes on that rental building), and they pay sales taxes on the goods they purchase, and so forth. Education funding is typically taken from property taxes in that area, which is why schools in poorer neighbourhoods get so much less funding than those in wealthy ones; the property values (and thus, the taxes) are that much lower, meaning less education funding.

You know, they tried this. Turns out, Americans don't want to work most of the jobs that immigrants, illegal or not, work. Most of the American workers hired by farmers, for instance, quit within a week.
    Actually, I have read about that, they didn't pay what the jobs were worth.

You need to look at what these jobs paid BEFORE they turned to illegal labor and let it lower it.

Americans are more than willing and able to work these jobs, just as soon as they start paying what the jobs are worth.

They used illegals to lower wages much the same way pawnshops have knowingly bought stolen goods to pay below asking price.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Thats the thing. The reason you HEAR about farming only is due to liberal media. They want to make the impression that illigals want to do only farming sector, the sector that no american wants to work in. But they forget about construction (which is where we spend our stimulus, which is why it stimulates Latin America). Something gotta be done, whether legal immigrants has to be lowered, or illigal ones. Since, both of these and blacks and hispanics born in the U.S. compete for the Same skilled job, it is VERY difficult to rise out of poverty.
    Which is why an initiative focused on punishing people employing illegal immigrants would be enormously more effective than trying to hunt down 11 million illegal immigrants and ship them home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, I have read about that, they didn't pay what the jobs were worth.

You need to look at what these jobs paid BEFORE they turned to illegal labor and let it lower it.

Americans are more than willing and able to work these jobs, just as soon as they start paying what the jobs are worth.

They used illegals to lower wages much the same way pawnshops have knowingly bought stolen goods to pay below asking price.
    They paid $10.50 an hour and had several people quit before lunch time.

Ok, so they're eligible for a partial return assuming they have children. They're still being taxed on their income if they can even file a return with the IRS.
    So, they are "paying" like oil companies. If you get the EARNED Income Tax credit, You are getting FAR MORE than You actually pay in. I sincerely do not how that works, but thats how it works. You pay in 500, you get 1000 back, while in the mean time you use 500 in education for your kids and your healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They wouldn't qualify for the earned income tax break, since they don't file income taxes, generally.
    on this place it shall be noted that the revenue from illegal immigrants is about 30 billion dollars per year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Think of it this way, which is better for our overall tax system?

1) An illegal working that job and paying in taxes and not taking any back out beyond emergency services while an American is out of work and using more than that illegal is paying in through Welfare with the long term effect of further suppressing the wages of others in that field which further lowers the overall taxes paid in from others in that field or....

2) An American working that job and paying in taxes and since he is working, he isn't having to use as much, and assuming the job actually paid what it's worth, if any taxes at all on welfare.

Which would you think would be a net positive?
    Your ignorance/racism against Mexicans aside... Americans wouldn't/couldn't do these jobs. The people that hire illegal immigrants aren't going out of their way to hire them. They know its against the law and that it is extremely risky and are forced into it by how much Americans want to be paid.

Some farmer can afford to pay a couple of a illegals $100 a week to pick produce in his fields all day every day for a few months in the year. He can't afford to pay an American $15 an hour with breaks, short days, only 5 days a week, to do the same thing. Not only would it cost him astronomically more, which he can't afford, he would also make less money because less is getting done.

An American isn't going to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for $100 a week. And if the farmer who is barely getting by can no longer hire illegals to work at that rate and that pay, he just isn't going to hire anyone because he just can't afford it. So there just wouldn't be those jobs at all anymore.

You act like illegals are making good money and stealing good jobs from hard working respectable Americans... No... Not at all. They are doing work no one else will do, at basically slave wages, all while paying the same property/sales taxes as everyone else.

EDIT: And to answer the OP question, illegal immigrants pay property taxes. Property taxes pay for schools. At least partially. Almost all schools are subsidized by state governments and almost all state governments are heavily subsidized by federal money. And about 70% of all taxes paid in this country are paid by the top 10% of earners.

tl;dr: The 1%
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2015-04-26 at 08:48 PM.

So, they are "paying" like oil companies. If you get the EARNED Income Tax credit, You are getting FAR MORE than You actually pay in. I sincerely do not how that works, but thats how it works. You pay in 500, you get 1000 back, while in the mean time you use 500 in education for your kids and your healthcare.
    They aren't eligible for EITC. Read your own source. They're only eligible for the child tax credit.

And, to my knowledge, before the wages were suppressed, after adjusting for inflation, legal farm hands still made more than that.

$10.50 an hour still is well below what that jobs are worth given the type of work they do.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't file for tax returns... There's nothing they get back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I'm from....sure there are alot of illegals doing the farm work. But I guarantee you if they were to all go home there are plenty, plenty of people that would harvest the crops. I'd say the mix is 50-50 of immigrants and those "lazy" Muricans...that won't do slave labor. Hell when we were kids my aunt and uncle had a bean farm. Guess who got woke up at 3 every morning before the crop was ready, to move the irrigation pipes and walk the rows? Me my brother/sister and 2 cousins...all between 8-10 years old...child labor? No....we made big bucks at the end of the summer...think 50 bucks and back then that was a lot. A lot of the crop harvesting is getting more and more mechanized too...soon people will only be needed to operate the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They don't file for tax returns... There's nothing they get back.
    No, some of them do, because there's currently nothing stopping them from getting the child tax credit. It's the only tax return item they're eligible for, however. All other tax credits require a valid SSN.

Which is why an initiative focused on punishing people employing illegal immigrants would be enormously more effective than trying to hunt down 11 million illegal immigrants and ship them home.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be destroying the entire house to kill termites. They are job creators which is the problem. Getting rid of illigal immigrants, especially the news ones coming each year, is far easier, since they are at the border. I know you are liberal, you have a good job (at least higher than manual skilled labor), what would happen if Asians are given the same treatment as Illigals. Think about it, they would be competing for YOUR job.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the child was born in the US, no matter what the legal status of the parent they are (rightly or wrongly) automatically a US citizen and entitled to all the rights and privileges there of, including a "free" education. If the child themselves is here illegally then it becomes more of an issue.

That would be destroying the entire house to kill termites. They are job creators which is the problem. Getting rid of illigal immigrants, especially the news ones coming each year, is far easier, since they are at the border. I know you are liberal, you have a good job (at least higher than manual skilled labor), what would happen if Asians are given the same treatment as Illigals. Think about it, they would be competing for YOUR job.
    You're entirely ignoring the fact that these "job creators" are explicitly creating jobs for illegal immigrants, not American workers.