Chi Ex, Serenity, SimC 612-01

I hadn't simmed the two separately in awhile. I've just been focusing on Serenity since it's higher ST, and then swapping a few haste pieces in for Chi Ex for a few fights. Today I found out i'll be dpsing more again and ran a couple of different sims. Right now SimC has my Chi X build within 10-50 dps of the serenity on ST fights at 7.5 minutes, and chi x coming out ahead at 10 minutes by 100ish dps .

Is this due to the sims lack of effective modeling for serenity, or should I consider switching to being more chi ex focused.

I think you'd need to use 612-02 to sim properly. There is post a few spots down the page titled "SimC 612-01 Build DPS Issue" that talks about a big ST loss in 612-01 which is fixed in 612-02. I can't post links yet but its on the same page still.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 95% sure ChiEx sims assume that every ChiEx is a 3-chi. Realistically ChiEx will not be that competitive on single target, and serenity will always be the go to spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foncy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 95% sure ChiEx sims assume that every ChiEx is a 3-chi. Realistically ChiEx will not be that competitive on single target, and serenity will always be the go to spec.
    What Targom and Foncy said are both true. There was a bug with the current release of SimC. If you want to pick up the latest build, that has the fix, you would need to download the nightly build which you can find here:

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

As for ChiX, ChiX is not THAT great in pure single target. It takes 2-3+ targets to where it would start to become a gain over Serenity. It TRIES to use ChiX at 3 chi but it will use it at 4 chi if a few scenarios are in effect (such as CB:TP being up at the same time)

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    What Targom and Foncy said are both true. There was a bug with the current release of SimC. If you want to pick up the latest build, that has the fix, you would need to download the nightly build which you can find here:

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

As for ChiX, ChiX is not THAT great in pure single target. It takes 2-3+ targets to where it would start to become a gain over Serenity. It TRIES to use ChiX at 3 chi but it will use it at 4 chi if a few scenarios are in effect (such as CB:TP being up at the same time)
    ...which is absolutely not assuming that every ChiX cast is cast with 3 chi, regardless of the actual number available.