Deleted

Tho'gar Mythic Balance dps problems

So I'm doing absolutely dog shit dps on this fight and I can't understand why. I'm trying not to pad the meters so I don't really focus on the little adds because they die way too quick for me to dot up, but I usually starfall or hurricane if I have time. I'm just way, way behind everyone else, despite being so high on Kromog for example.

I'd post the logs but I can't link them as MMO says I haven't posted enough.

Just need some general advice I guess because I'm just like barely pushing over 35k overall.

First of all char name, server and region for logs.

most of the time anything past sunfire and starfall is both a dps loss and padding. Hurricane should not be casted, it's generally not a spell that you ever use.
    most people with good ranks either cheese, and a lot of the people are just padding, what matters on thogar is gunnery sergants, grom'kar mat at arms, firemender and Thogar, any damage past this can be overlooked as useless, so try to look good on those 4 targets, and you should be able to explain to anyone asking you to step up or w/e.

as for kromog, padding on hands is quite common, personally I just go fuck all sometimes I sunfire a small group + side hands, keep starfall up and go for kromog.
    as for this fight, only pillar dps matters (unless you are alarmingly low on kromog) try to aim for 3-5m damage on pillars, or 2-3m if you kill him before the 3rd one. (I might've misunderstood wheter or not you are actually doing good on kromog.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    So I'm doing absolutely dog shit dps on this fight and I can't understand why. I'm trying not to pad the meters so I don't really focus on the little adds because they die way too quick for me to dot up, but I usually starfall or hurricane if I have time. I'm just way, way behind everyone else, despite being so high on Kromog for example.

I'd post the logs but I can't link them as MMO says I haven't posted enough.

Just need some general advice I guess because I'm just like barely pushing over 35k overall.
    I don't think hurricane is ever needed.
    Thogar seems like a balance friendly fight but the adds die insanely fast with current gear. Just use your passive aoe (starfall/sunfire proc) and focus on boss damage

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...maximizing-dps

All about cd management and being able to reduce CA in time for certain parts of the fight

Deleted
    EU, Sunstrider, Char name is Illiphaarr. You'll find the last entry on warcraftlogs for Sunday night.

I do great on Kromog, top on damage on pillars, same with hands, like 3rd dps on the kill I think. I know what I'm doing with this class, I just seem to do so poorly on Tho'gar and I can't understand why.

Deleted
    becasue moonkin is pretty bad on thogar? high movment and burst aoe, you got answer here, moonkin is bad at both

Deleted
    I know it's bad for moonkin, I'm just not the kinda guy who enjoys sucking dick at 35k dps near the tanks. So I was hoping people could just take a look and see the logs, if maybe I'm doing something significantly badly or if I just need to suck it up and deal with the fact that's how moonkins are there.

Deleted
    EU, Sunstrider, Char name is Illiphaarr. You'll find the last entry on warcraftlogs for Sunday night.

I do great on Kromog, top on damage on pillars, same with hands, like 3rd dps on the kill I think. I know what I'm doing with this class, I just seem to do so poorly on Tho'gar and I can't understand why.
    Correct me if i'm getting the wrong impression about you, but it sounds as if you think you've mastered boomkin and you're only asking help for Thogar. Looking at all of your logs, your rankings are below average and I think there's room to improve on the class overall. Your gear is a bit lower than mine, but I ended with 50k on Thogar on our first kill. You should atleast be 40k+ and nowhere near the tanks. As for tips, it's the kind of thing you don't want to hear; Master the fight.

If you know what to expect and know what's going to happen and where to go, you can prepare for it and minimize your movement. Know where to pop your cooldowns. Personally I starfall when adds spawn, dot the man at arms and nuke it down, then switch to the boss. We had amazing burst aoe classes with us so there was no need for me to touch the small adds apart from using starfall. I wouldn't agree moonkin is bad for the fight though. It might look bad on the meters overall, but you're still a valuable addition to the raid with your dps on the boss and aoe dps with cd's helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    I don't think hurricane is ever needed.
    Thogar seems like a balance friendly fight but the adds die insanely fast with current gear. Just use your passive aoe (starfall/sunfire proc) and focus on boss damage
    Thogar is terrible boss for balance, fyi. That constant movement, paired with the fact that starfall isn't worth casting until once or twice during the last 2 add packs. Our melee has usually cleared the small adds before the first star hits a mob.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginnFFS View Post
    Correct me if i'm getting the wrong impression about you, but it sounds as if you think you've mastered boomkin and you're only asking help for Thogar. Looking at all of your logs, your rankings are below average and I think there's room to improve on the class overall. Your gear is a bit lower than mine, but I ended with 50k on Thogar on our first kill. You should atleast be 40k+ and nowhere near the tanks.
    I didn't claim to be a master of sorts at all. Hence why I'm asking for help here on a forum. I simply stated that I'm not completely ass at balance.

I'm checking logs now and I'm seeing people with 10 more ilvls than me at around 44k and that's with starfall as their biggest dps, which I don't understand why is doing so much damage since the adds die within 4 seconds or something, clearly their other dps'ers are doing so much wrong, I don't know.

Yeah I agree, I need to learn the fight more, I'm messing up on a lot of stuff that I shouldn't be. That's the first step.

I'm starting to take your advice less seriously though since you actually do believe moonkins are good on this fight. They're not. Reyzzz is correct.

A lot of it has to do with comp. If you've got a lot of warriors and warlocks, then yeah your starfall isn't gonna do shit because of how fast the adds die. Honestly, don't worry too much about overall DPS for Thogar, just focus on Man-at-arms, Gunnery Sergeants, Firemenders and Thogar himself.

If only someone had posted a link to the conversation that happened say 2-3 weeks ago about this....

Ohh wait someone did.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to take your advice less seriously though since you actually do believe moonkins are good on this fight. They're not. Reyzzz is correct.
    "I wouldn't agree moonkin is bad for the fight though. It might look bad on the meters overall, but you're still a valuable addition to the raid with your dps on the boss and aoe dps with cd's helps a lot."

This doesn't even take into account the utility provided by Stampeding Roar.

Just took a quick look at your logs and was reaching the same conclusion the other guy made. Your dps across all fights is rather low so if you are expecting to pull 50k-60k+ when you are beneath 40k on gruul then there's your problem. In general your cd usage looked a little off for thogar but there is a larger issue going on with your rotation in general that you might want to be critiqued on.

Thogar is the first boss where you actually have to be well educated on the mechanics of your class in order to keep up with some of the other specs that you may have been competing with beforehand. If you are only interested in pulling good numbers on Skada or recount then you should figure out when the dk's are going to mass grip and use that information to your advantage.
    Last edited by mythiix; 2015-04-27 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    For starters this is indeed a complex fight for a boomer and you realy need to be on your toes to be able to put out high dps. I've played around with the cooldown usage and did quite good on my alt boomer (play dual boomer for main/alt) during our first altraid kill of Thogar Mythic. (Wederberg EU-Kazzak guild Vanguard, sunday april 26th if you want to check logs).

This is how I try to fit in my CA cooldowns to max out key moments during the fight. First on pull ofcourse. Then pop the 2nd one asap, should be lining up good with the dps of the gunnery sergeant train. After we kill our gunner just switch back to boss dmg asap. Put out as much single target spells you can to get CA ready asap, pop it again when ready (will not be used to anything else then bossdmg here). Pushing once again alot with single target spells to get CA ready for the next splitt trains with gunner and Man at arms. If you are struggling with the timings throw in more wrath casts and avoid casting any starfire that isnt empowered.

Pop 3 min cds on this split trains together with CA nuking down the gunnery sergeant and the man at arms asap. After this just pop everything as soon as its ready or save CA again for the next man at arms depending on how your dmg output on them are.

My approximate CA timings: Pull - 1 min 25 sec, 2 min 45 sec, 4 min 10 sec (together with 3 mins here), 5 min 50 sec

This is the best tip for this fight that I can give you. Hope it will help.

Ask a fellow paladin to BoP the warriors, it should help. Some classes does better than other on some fights. As a moonkin, fights like Darmac (lances to DoT, pack of adds every 45s or so) is pretty good. See how you compare yourself on other fights versus your teammates.

Or try feral! Feral's AoE is "meh" at lower gear, but once you get at least the T17 2p and have like 685-ish+ ilvl it does surprisingly well. (Not OP, but good). You might need to "wait" for the adds (saving up energy, Blood talon buff, etc). I cant compare to Mythic mode since my alt druid is mostly doing heroic, but if you have trinkets, you should have a look.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2015-04-28 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what else I can do to be improving my rotation and stuff. Keeping dots up at all times, star surging at peaks/no empowerment buff is present, using starfall on adds with untamted stars. I just can't see what else I can do and why my gruul kills seem bad?