Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just make it a 10min cd= ruled out in rated pvp the same way heroism is, and makes it usable before every pull in pve, no need to spam heals on random targets prepull anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BananenBubi View Post
    Hello, i'm kinda bored with spamming expel harm the entire time, trying to stack up my chi full chi before pulling a boss. I do not understand if blizzard wants ww monk to stack up their chi before the fight starts why don't they give us a spell similar to astral communion (dudu).
    The animation should be some meditating shit similar to Zen Pilgrimage/Zen Meditation.

What's your thought about such a skill?
    (sry for bad englando :^D)
    Because your class is not designed to start with full Chi. Just like Warriors Guardian Druids don't start with rage, Rogues and Feral Druids don't start with energy, DKs don't start with Runic Power, Warlocks don't start with full Embers or Demonic Fury, the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Because your class is not designed to start with full Chi. Just like Warriors Guardian Druids don't start with rage, Rogues and Feral Druids don't start with energy, DKs don't start with Runic Power, Warlocks don't start with full Embers or Demonic Fury, the list goes on.
    Might want to stick to your own class forums if you don't know what you're talking about. We already do start with full chi, it's just unneccesarily cumbersome for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the best solution is for Chi to reset 0 at the start of a raid boss encounter. Sure it is a slight DPS loss, but it is a stupid mechanic and it's not like WW can't afford a very slight hit to DPS anyway. Shadow Priests need that treatment too. Their Shadow Orbs NEVER decrease outside of combat, so if you want to maximise your DPS you need to Mind Blast trash mobs then reset them with Spectral Guise 5 times per wipe.
    Last edited by Ispamx; 2015-05-14 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soob View Post
    Yeah, they'll forget to use the new ability. "Oh crap, I have 0 chi, better use it my new chi ability 1 second before pull, lol."
    You can just have full chi after a trash fight and use Expel Harm to keep it up.
    After a wipe you can stack your chi up while running to the boss, Expel, apply food buff, Expel and so on... It's not that hard.
    ...no, but the current gameplay is a painful "don't suck" button, which generally are not fun or engaging parts of a game. The theoretical new ability to go to full chi in one button press is the same -- "press this or suck" -- so doesn't really do anything except reduce the pain.

It would be much better if EH didn't generate chi out of combat, or if chi filled up to full automatically, depending which state they wanted us to enter a fight with. The current situation is just bad, and something to make it marginally less sucky isn't a big step forward compared to making the "don't suck" button used once before a fight go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fakie View Post
    Might want to stick to your own class forums if you don't know what you're talking about. We already do start with full chi, it's just unneccesarily cumbersome for us.
    Cumbersome enough, and different enough from every peer class, that it's pretty reasonable to speculate that you are not *supposed* to have full chi, and it's possible through something else like a technical limitation that Blizzard can't work around that allows EH stacking.

As a MW I don't find it hard, or really annoying to start with full chi, brew I guess, I should start doing it but it's never been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakie View Post
    Really? If that was true was does the OP feel the need for a spell to give himself full Chi out of combat and why is it the monk in my guild constantly asks for longer pull timers to generate Chi and why does WoWWiki specifically say its built up during combat?

Sounds to me like you are the one that doesn't know how it works....

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? If that was true was does the OP feel the need for a spell to give himself full Chi out of combat and why is it the monk in my guild constantly asks for longer pull timers to generate Chi and why does WoWWiki specifically say its built up during combat?

You're entirely missing the point of this thread. It isn't about whether or not starting a fight with full Chi is balanced or intended. It is that if Blizzard isn't going to remove the ability to do so, they should make doing it less cumbersome. At the moment Monks are obligated to spend a minute casting Expel Harm prepull just to get the most DPS they can. That isn't fun gameplay. It isn't engaging gameplay. It is stupid. And you are asking why OP and your teams Monk feels the need to start a fight with full Chi? Simple. If there is a way to increase your DPS that isn't outright cheating, people will not only do it, they will be expected to do it at higher levels of play, despite how annoyingly cumbersome it is.

Your Monk probably doesn't know EH generates chi faster than you lose chi out of combat.

And WoWWiki is a terrible source for anything except lore. I can't believe you cited WoWWiki as if that helps your argument.

Everyone opposed to this idea so far has had absolutely terrible reasons. No one has brought up any counterpoints to the core logic of the OP. I'm not even a Windwalker, but I support such an ability for them. You could also make them lose all their chi when they enter combat, but that would make leveling as a Windwalker so much more terrible/slow/annoying.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    You could also make them lose all their chi when they enter combat, but that would make leveling as a Windwalker so much more terrible/slow/annoying.
    Just empty their Chi at the start of a Raid Boss encounter, that way leveling, trash and general outdoor stuff isn't affected, and no one will care if they do 2% higher DPS on trash anyway and won't feel obligated to stack Chi before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Just empty their Chi at the start of a Raid Boss encounter, that way leveling, trash and general outdoor stuff isn't affected, and no one will care if they do 2% higher DPS on trash anyway and won't feel obligated to stack Chi before it.
    I guess so, actually, if they already have the code to do stuff like that. I'd assume so.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise