Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Why not? Christians are called upon to separate themselves from certain kinds of behavior as well as people who define themselves by said behavior.
    Well, since they live in a secular society they're kinda screwed then
    RETH

Why not? Christians are called upon to separate themselves from certain kinds of behavior as well as people who define themselves by said behavior.
    Is that why Christians have tried to stop Muslims from building mosques in their neighborhood? Freedom of religion, but only if it's the right religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Well, since they live in a secular society they're kinda screwed then
    Why are they screwed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Illegal activity gets shut down, clearly it's Christian persecution. So predictable.

Boom.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of my town. The city has pretty much been throwing loop holes at a Hindu group that bought property with the intent on building a temple. Unfortunately for them they haven't been approved yet to start building, they broke ground 3 years ago and have been in a constant battle with the city and neighbourhood association in the area to start building. Suffice to say that while I don't live in that area, I live near enough to it that I see it causing problems.

I am so sick of these bigots attacking people who don't want to serve events they disagree with. It's not enough to just sue, they have to financially ruin them. Screw all these liberal bigots who can't tolerate anything that doesn't toe their little line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nah. God wouldn't tell you to love thy neighbour even if he's gay. Only Satan would push for love and tolerance, rather than hatred and discrimination.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    I am so sick of these bigots attacking people who don't want to serve events they disagree with. It's not enough to just sue, they have to financially ruin them. Screw all these liberal bigots who can't tolerate anything that doesn't toe their little line.
    Where is the disagreement in question.

They claim homosexuals are filthy sodomist and so says their sacred text and on the otherhand one Nation under god where everybody is equal in front of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Maybe all along, Satan was right. Perhaps he is the true savior, God seems to promote a lot of killing and bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Reminds me of my town. The city has pretty much been throwing loop holes at a Hindu group that bought property with the intent on building a temple. Unfortunately for them they haven't been approved yet to start building, they broke ground 3 years ago and have been in a constant battle with the city and neighbourhood association in the area to start building. Suffice to say that while I don't live in that area, I live near enough to it that I see it causing problems.
    Could you imagine the outrage if Christians were told they couldn't build a house of worship to practice their religion? And yet the best instances of persecution they can come up with is a pizzeria that was more than willing to serve pepperoni and sausage pizza during Lent, and a bakery that posted the gay couple's private information on social media to invite harassment, okay.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2015-04-27 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. Hail Satan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Which 'liberals' are trying to financially ruin them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Which 'liberals' are trying to financially ruin them?
    It's funny that he calls people bigots for saying that the bigots should be paying for their mistake without begging on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Maybe all along, Satan was right. Perhaps he is the true savior, God seems to promote a lot of killing and bigotry.
    When I look at the bible, I see a tale about human nature fighting against the rest of the universe, which is represented by god. God is everything we do not understand, it is us before we become conscious. Satan is our free will, it is the gift given to us to make our own choices. The bible isn't about our salvation from evil, it's about our escape from it, and our chance the make right of definite wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    When I look at the bible, I see a tale about human nature fighting against the rest of the universe, which is represented by god. God is everything we do not understand, it is us before we become conscious. Satan is our free will, it is the gift given to us to make our own choices. The bible isn't about our salvation from evil, it's about our escape from it, and our chance the make right of definite wrongs.
    Free will or Freedom is given by satan wasnt it taken from the brits when you had a disagreement about taxes?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that failure to agree to bake a wedding cake for what your faith clearly states is a sinful event constitutes "hurting" anyone. There are other bakeries that will bake such a cake.
    It is also sinful to wear a garment made of more than a single piece (color) of cloth, to eat any cloven animal that does not chew it's cud (pigs) or to eat figs. Like...at all. No figs. If you choose to refuse to associate with gay people or anything they do, you are being incredibly judgmental of their sin while having absolutely no regard for your own. You get your own house in order, and be free of all sin yourself, then you can start worrying about what your neighbors are doing late on a Saturday night.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Aw, the thread isn't long enough to have devolved from something that isn't just an echo chamber fueled by people's reactions to the thread title. I'll check back in about an hour or so.

On topic: I disagree with the OP. Freedom is important.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I have a feeling you have never read the bible. If you actually have go to take some reading comprehension classes and read it again.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to get some of that sweet, sweet, Christian hate money.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I don't blame GoFundMe at all, and those donating to that hate can GoFukThemselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis