Best class @ 90 to solo Elegon

was wondering what the best class (non dk maybe) that can solo normal 10m Elegon, using non WoD gear.

Wondering what class would be the easiest to solo normal elegon 10 man using pure SoO mythic / heroic pieces?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm. Not many classes were able to solo Elegon pre-6.0, and the healing nerfs hurt the ones that were able to. Hunter may have been one that could solo Elegon following the 6.0 changes, not sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Do you think that a dk could solo elegon @ lvl 90 with mythic SoO gear?

I would say it would be hard for anything non-Blood DK to solo Elegon, and even now DKs may find it hard especially at level 90.
    If you want to farm it for the mount I would suggest either level it to 100 or find a friend and duo it.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

I'm trying to create a lockout at elegon now. Was hoping having an Alt in the raid would work but you have to kill a boss on the guy you want the lockout to stay on.

So I have him at 3/6, needing to kill the boss before Elegon to save it.

Ok got it saved on my 90 but holy hell the trash before elegon hits hard on my rogue lol Leech definitely isn't op like it is in cata raids. Can't even kill them, even at 661
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2015-04-27 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I'm trying to create a lockout at elegon now. Was hoping having an Alt in the raid would work but you have to kill a boss on the guy you want the lockout to stay on.

So I have him at 3/6, needing to kill the boss before Elegon to save it.

Ok got it saved on my 90 but holy hell the trash before elegon hits hard on my rogue lol Leech definitely isn't op like it is in cata raids. Can't even kill them, even at 661
    The melee adds get something like a 500% damage buff whenever the other one dies. Kill them both at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The melee adds get something like a 500% damage buff whenever the other one dies. Kill them both at the same time.
    I'm talking about the group of 5 right before Elegon.

I know blood DKs could solo Elegon at 90, but it was a very challenging solo and that was before vengeance was nerfed so I don't know if it's possible now. It's probably much harder.

Of course you can do it at 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not spend a day (6H even) to get a toon to lvl 100, 630 gear is sufficent for most Classes. Especially Plate or pet classes. If you have selfheals availible, then the class should be able to solo it.
    I have 22 level 100s atm, and can easily solo it on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Why not spend a day (6H even) to get a toon to lvl 100, 630 gear is sufficent for most Classes. Especially Plate or pet classes. If you have selfheals availible, then the class should be able to solo it.
    Because he doesn't have WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    22... freaking level 100s?! How in the world do you keep track of each action you do. And gearing them. Sounds like a full time job.
    Anyways, keep hunting. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Soultrapper View Post
    22... freaking level 100s?! How in the world do you keep track of each action you do. And gearing them. Sounds like a full time job.
    It's okay, everyone makes this silly mistake.

Until you realize you don't have to gear them all.

Because gearing via garrison afk missions is hard.
    And SavedInstances addon makes it pretty easy to keep track of what you're doing.

Deleted
    I used to solo it as blood DK with 560 ilvl i think (pre and post 6.0).
    You have to kill at least 6 waves during first transition and then finish him during 2nd transition to kill him before enrage, 2 blood boils for each wave being enough (get the glyph that extends blood boilds diseases spread range). If you're lucky enough (= adds dont move instantly when they spawn), you can manage to kill 10 to 15 waves on first transition, which greatly helps.
    Death Siphon is a must have here as DK. The hardest part is surviving p1 if your gear is a bit low. Make sure you use your defensive CDs during 2nd transition when you kill adds and you start having a lot of stacks

Note that you can also ignore enrage timer if you make the boss go in transition phase exactly when he cast Total Annihilation (the enrage). (it requires a few tries to adjust your dps perfectly)

@Saafe : Easiest way is asking for someone to help you get a 4/6 id on an alt
    Last edited by mmoc4de1b7ba98; 2015-05-03 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I'm talking about the group of 5 right before Elegon.
    They're easy, even on a 648. Always kill the melee mobs 1st. With NPCs, melee always hits way harder than magic. Never interrupt the casters, because that makes them melee you and hits way harder.

Oi now I am going to have to see if I can do it on my 100 warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    It's okay, everyone makes this silly mistake.

Until you realize you don't have to gear them all.
    Well the old raid buffs only apply to pre-MoP instances, and since the thread is about Elegon, he does have to gear them a bit for it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.