Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question HELP: Need a new tv series to watch!

I just finished watching Homeland. Pretty amazing series, very mature, great acting, nice plot. I'm looking for suggestion for what to binge watch next.

I've watched/still watching:

Breaking Bad
    The Shield
    Homeland
    The Blacklist
    Game of Thrones

15+ Year Old Account
    Just some random ones I enjoyed at some point:

Dexter, Califnornication and Fringe - to name a few.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

The Office (UK) or Trailer Park Boys if you're in the mood for comedies.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    daredevil
    the wire
    luthor
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    I just finished watching Homeland. Pretty amazing series, very mature, great acting, nice plot. I'm looking for suggestion for what to binge watch next.

I've watched/still watching:

Breaking Bad
    The Shield
    Homeland
    The Blacklist
    Game of Thrones
    Oz. The prison series on HBO from the late 90s/early 2000s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    True detective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    daredevil
    the wire
    luthor
    I just finished Daredevil.

Now I'm sad because I want more and there isn't more.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm watching Longmire now, it's fantastic. Slow-build crime drama about a Wyoming sheriff. Season 3 should be coming to Netflix in May, and Netflix is putting out season 4 sometime this year.

Other good shows to binge watch: True Detective, House of Cards, Sherlock, Dr. Who, X-Files, Supernatural, Better Call Saul, ER.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...more-1.5631924 more ideas here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watch Daredevil, have fun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved this to the appropriate forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    True detective.
    This. Great show it has mystery, McConaughey, Harrelson, Lovecraftian undertones, and everything you would expect from an HBO show (boobs). It is also short with about 8 episodes. Season 2 is coming this summer but will have a different cast and setting.
    Black Lives Matter

Steins;Gate. Easily one of the best series you'll ever watch, 24 half-hour episodes long. It's on Hulu, if you've got it.

Babylon 5.

Deleted
    Justified
    Outlander
    TURN
    Person of Interest
    Vikings
    Penny Dreadful

All great shows.

True Detective as said above. The end of the 1st episode will hook you up to continue all of it.

Dexter is good, but it gets "boring/repetitive" after season 4. Its still a good show.

Sherlock. Benedict Cumberbatch is to dramatic to what is ‎Jim Parsons to comedy. A revelation! A nice remake of the Sherlock sagas, but revamped to be at present day. I was a bit disappointed by his "nemesis", the actor is good, but not "old" enought. But overall excellent serie. Episodes are almost 2 hours long, but theres about 5-6 ep. only per season.

Fringe is pretty good too. I loved it. The casting is very solid. A good Sci-Fi show.
    Battlestar Galactica (remake) is very solid as well. A must see for any Sci-Fi fans.

The Walking Dead is the best "horror" series in years. If you like the genre Zombie Apocalypse/Survival, this show will blow your mind.

Sons of Anarchy is pretty good too. Nice character developments, nice plot and its worth watching all 8(?) seasons.

Viking. Great show with "true" historical events (romanced). Next season is coming out this summer I think.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2015-04-27 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Adding more

Arrow
    The Flash
    Gotham
    Dominion
    Farscape
    Firefly
    Community
    The 100
    American Horror Story
    Bates Motel
    Defiance
    Elementary
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Arrow
    The Flash
    Gotham
    Farscape
    Firefly
    Arrow. This is a descent show. I like how the serie is made, flashbacks from the "island", the evil guys, etc. A bit cheesy on the sides, but I like the DC series they are doing, mixing them (The Flash/Arrow).

Gotham. I've watched 2-3 episodes, I like to see how the "evil" guys from Batman being young and growing to become supervilains.

The Flash. I loved it so far. The show doesnt take itself seriously (lots of humour, inside jokes, more "down to earth" even if its a Super Hero serie. But hey, the Flash is supposed to be a "funny guy"!). I've watched 4-5 episodes with friends. But Im stuck there until our next reunion ^^

Farscape. Never watched it. A human astronaut whose shuttle went into a wormhole after trying to avoid crashing in the sun, living on a Giant Fly Spaceship, with a puppet as the pilot... I've watched a few episodes when Stargate SG-1 got revamped for season 9-10 (Cast from Farscape integrated the Stargate serie), but wasnt hooked to it. If you like Dr.Who ("Anything can happen" show), I think you will like this one.

Firefly. A shame this show was ended. A Cowboy Western style in space, a nice crew and endless adventures. It could have been great. Too bad Nathan Fillion is stuck to do Castle for a while, I dont think we'll see a sequel anytime soon.
    Suggestion: I know its Anime, but Cowboy Bebop is kinda in the same genre. A very good show. The movie was good too.

House of Cards (US). Kevin Spacey at his best. Great casting, nice story. It never gets boring even if its about politic. I just started season 3.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2015-04-27 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Sopranos and Deadwood is probably my all time favorite tv shows. I usually revisit both every few years. Two more recently t shows which have been pleasant surprises is The Americans and the Knick. Particular The Knick is high quality. Stephen Soderberg have directed every episode about a surgeon with a huge drug problem in the ~1900s - and it is actual one of my favorite Soderberg creations after the first Oceans movie.

Recently been watching alot of cartoons. Bobs Burger is one of my favorites atm - followed by Futurama, King of The Hill, South Park and Family Guy/Cleveland.
    If anyone can recommend good cartoons along their tv shows, that could be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Following
    Hannibal
    Outlander
    The 100

10+ Year Old Account
    Daredevil (Netflix)
    Orphan Black (Amazon Prime)
    Hannibal (Amazon Prime)
    Vikings (Amazon Prime)
    The Fall (Netflix)
    Penny Dreadful
    Outlander
    Tons of stuff on HBO Now (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, etc)

There's so much good stuff to watch. We're in a golden age of television. I think The Americans (FX) is next on my list as my brother says it's excellent.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2015-04-27 at 03:56 PM.