Where to find good laptops with minimal bloatware?

My wife is needing to upgrade her laptop (we already have a desktop and tablets, she specifically needs the mobility of a tablet and the power of a PC in one, so don't try to dissuade us from a laptop).

It's not primarily for gaming, but she might use it occasionally for such. Mostly she does work in photoshop, so nothing too crazy, but she would like more stability and speed (her current one is on the way out, it's ancient).

We have a 1400 dollar budget approximately. I'm looking for laptops that are mostly bloatware free. Would like 15-17 inch screen. Needs a proper graphics card (not generic onboard, doesn't have to be top notch of course), and preferably one that won't overheat when watching HD videos (I know all laptops tend to get hot).

Or at least any advice on where I should shop? Should I get Windows 8? (currently all our PCs here on are Windows 7, and I know some places give the option to not get 8)

Thanks for any help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sagers include no bloatware and have solid cooling systems. They also have several options in your price range.

questions :

1. Is weight an issue? I personally consider the weight of a laptop best handled with a good backpack (like my wonderful Everki Beacon) rather than sacrificing to bring the weight down, but each to their own.
    2. How much storage do you think she needs?

A preliminary recommendation would be the Sager NP8650. i7-4720HQ, 8GB RAM (upgradable to up to 32GB if she deals with absurdly huge images), 128GB (a M.2 PCI-E model, which is about the fastest storage around), 1TB hard drive (with room for a second one), and GTX 965M graphics, for $1389 with windows 8.1 or windows 7 pro for another $50.
    Last edited by Masark; 2015-04-28 at 02:02 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Weight isn't an issue, she just needs to be able to take it to work and back. Storage isn't an issue, she has a 1TB external hard drive she moves most everything over to for long term storage anyway.

Windows 7 costs more? I'm thinking I might prefer it. I heard 8 is only really worth getting if you have a touchscreen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Weight isn't an issue, she just needs to be able to take it to work and back. Storage isn't an issue, she has a 1TB external hard drive she moves most everything over to for long term storage anyway.

Windows 7 costs more? I'm thinking I might prefer it. I heard 8 is only really worth getting if you have a touchscreen.
    You might also look at the NP8670, which is basically identical to the 8650, but it's a 17" rather than 15". Identical specs runs about $30 more than the 8650.

I don't have a particular opinion in 7/8, though I'm personally using 7, as I got it free from my college.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I selected that one and increased the operating system to Windows 7, otherwise I left all of it default. It's only 1260. Your numbers listed were a bit higher. I can afford to bump it up a couple hundred more. I could probably have the price start at 1300 or so if all I need to upgrade is the OS.