Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Stop looking up information about WoW and even that temptation will fade, speaking from experience. After you've fallen behind on a few expansions its to much of a bother to return.
    That's good advice, you're definitely right. The only place I still frequent that has WoW news is this site. I rarely read the patch notes anymore, mostly just here for the off-topic forums. Though occasionally I have to laugh at some of the idiotic things Blizzard has added since I've left. The game is definitely less tempting than it use to be. After 10 years of playing It's hard to get excited for any WoW related news anymore. Yet, I still get the occasional thirst to play. I guess the best thing to do is as you say ignore the information and keep my mind entertained with other things.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I started working out. It helps. And I feel better about myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it is. We have special treatment for that here in Hamburg. It's more about an internet addiction though.
    That's what I was getting at, yeah.

You can take away one game from me, I'll just end up playing another.

My GPU can't handle Skyrim anymore 'cuz it's dying out, guess what I did, installed Oblivion with some graphics mods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    lmao.....
    I'm sorry man.... But this is comedy gold right there...
    I am laughing so hard.

I've discovered walking around the age of 11 month

But good luck in your quest of getting sober.... I do however not think that replacing one game with another game is actually achieving that.
    You'd only change the object of your addiction.

Think about it..

Hey, I am clean..... I stopped taking heroin

How did you do that?

I'm taking cocaine now.
    It can work, i was playing browser games prior to wow and if you think that wow takes time you haven´t played a competitive browser game, foremost in times without smartphones when your only chance of surviving attacks was sleeping not more than 2-3 hours straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Since I stopped paying for my account I started paying for my other account.
    I don't know how to do this, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    This thread is like holding an AA meeting at a bar.
    Well it's hard to pass up free hot dogs. Plus i still play hearthstone so I like to come and read about that stuff outside hearthpwn.

Also @ the crack vs heroine it's more like i replaced crack with knitting. While the former fills you with an ever present need to play every day the latter is something you do when you don't have much else to do but you are readily available to do anything else.

the only thing that draws me back would be strolling through the new raids in lfr and checking them out or maybe getting the legendary ring. But considering those carry their own time requirements of month(s) that are completely gated by lockouts I am highly dissuaded. But considering you can't even get tier from lfr anymore there really isn't a point to play the game casually anymore and hence why i decided to quit completely.

I like games like LoL and hearthstone where there isn't mindless grinding and you can just pop in and play and be equal with everyone else.

p.s. I'll probably pop back in at the end check out the new zones that unlocked slowly and then enjoy the new expac and leveling. But I won't stay any longer than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit about a month after WoD. This is the first expansion that has literally zero appeal for me besides leveling - everything else was just horrid. Didn't miss it for a day since then, actually gave me a chance to catch up on some great singleplayer games i missed over last few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit WoW and I guess the following as happened for me.

1. Got a girlfriend, been together 9 months and it is looking pretty awesome
    2. Got a puppy, he is a year and 3 months. Listens well and he has made a lot of friends
    3. Became healthier, throughout diet and just being outside more
    4. Gotten more work shifts since I no longer have to worry raid schedules

Overall it has been good for me. My two other friends of mine quit when I did, one has done better with school while the other has had his relationship get better and he has a good job now. With that said everything we have gained was obtainable while we played WoW, we just had very strong addictions to it :P

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Quitting WoW is easier then quitting other online games, you stop buying subscription and they won't even let you play anymore.
    You can play for free all the way to level 20~!

just make a bunch of level 20s

----

as for quitting, just find something else... work project, school, girlfriend(s), friends i guess

I was going to quit, but then the WoW token came out, so now I'm just paying with gold. Only issue I have is still raiding 3 nights a week.

That being said, I don't get why people act like quitting WoW will suddenly make you have a better life. Like, everyone I know that quit WoW just drown themselves in LoL now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'd say it's different for each person. Some people really do descend into very self-destructive behavior when playing MMOs.
    Very much true, but chances are, if you're someone who already played tons of games, you're just gonna continue playing games.

Although I always find it odd every time I'm reminded that to some people, WoW is their only game. Like, they don't play games otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I was going to quit, but then the WoW token came out, so now I'm just paying with gold. Only issue I have is still raiding 3 nights a week.

That being said, I don't get why people act like quitting WoW will suddenly make you have a better life. Like, everyone I know that quit WoW just drown themselves in LoL now.
    I know for me, I felt committed to making sure I was always at every raid night. Which became a problem, however I lived for raiding hardcore. Anything else was just meh for me in WoW. At least with LoL I can go hard but on my own schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    This is good times. Y'all motherfuckers need jesus. Or netflix.
    Bloody hell you are telling people to move from smoking weed to smoking crack (netflix holy mother of god).
    To be fair it is probs easier to quit crack then netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD made it very easy for me to cancel my accounts. I have no plans on returning, i got my statue and now have no desire to play this game ever again. Have not missed it once.

If you played for several years and then stopped out of boredom, then don't bother looking back. The sooner you realize that, the less money you'll waste.
    You think "oh man, I really feel like playing WoW again", so you put forth the 15 bucks to play, log on, try out what ever is new, and then find yourself flying around the hub city by the end of the day. Every time you log in, you sit around wondering what to do, not fully realizing that there's nothing you actually want to do in the game. Within a few days, maybe a week, you stop bothering with it and let your sub run dry again.

You're not addicted, you just don't know when to put it down. You don't know how to move on.
    Disregard your nostalgic feelings of fun. Realize that your interests have changed, or that you are thoroughly burned out on the game. Don't blame WoW. Don't pretend "oh it used to be better, the devs just screwed it up". Stop telling yourself "next patch will be different" only to log on when it comes out and be bored yet again. Appreciate that you had many fun months/years with WoW, but that you no longer enjoy it, and then move on to greener pastures.

It's just a game. Go play one that you find fun, and stop when you get bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the lack of content they put out and my raid team not being that great making me not really wanting to try to learn other specs quitting has never been easier, also dry spell of games?

I wish i had your free time, i have over 100 games on my backlog on steam and the witcher 3 is coming out soon, it's never going to decrease even if i took a year of doing anything productive i still wouldn't play out most of them.

The only good thing about wow was my game spending was 15 a month now it can easily ramp up higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Blizzard is selling gold, eh?

It's funny how some people react so strongly to things like the WoW Token and blow it out of proportion, even to the point of blatantly misrepresenting what it is.
    Roflmao. I'm fine with people discussing whether on not they think it's a good or bad thing, and I realize that opinions vary on what makes a good game - but when you claim the WoW token isn't selling gold, you're just paddling on a river in Egypt.

Personally, I think it's "good" in the sense that it makes it quite clear what kind of game Blizz wants WoW to be. And it would have been far more difficult for me to walk away (and stay away) from a game that still felt like vanilla/BC, than from the mess (imnsho, of course) it's become.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dry spell of games? There's a crapton of great games out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Dry spell of games? There's a crapton of great games out right now.
    haven't really found any that great. most of the games that came out in the last 2 months either pissed me off or just bored me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    haven't really found any that great. most of the games that came out in the last 2 months either pissed me off or just bored me.
    Don't look for another game to fill the void. That's will just start the circle anew.