Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Any golfers? Seems rare.

So any golfers here!?

I just finished up on the Hooters Tour and made my cut to be eligible for the Web.com tour next season!
    Who else here is a player and what's your handicap?

If you could play any course which would it be?
    What's your favorite course you've ever played? (TPC Sawgrass for me)
    What clubs are you currently hitting?
    Favorite PGA Tour player currently?

Sorry...could talk golf all day...haha

photo of my custom staff bag that Callaway sent me last season.

Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    The most golf I have played has been a Par 3 lol And I was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I golf, but I'm pretty bad at it. There are some really nice courses in Minnesota that I have played.

I still like tiger woods. I don't care about his dalliances
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I golf, but I'm pretty bad at it. There are some really nice courses in Minnesota that I have played.

I still like tiger woods. I don't care about his dalliances
    haha I like Tiger too, However I think his reign is over. I'm excited to play up north in the pines.
    Selling myself out below

i like to golf but it's pretty expensive for me right now so maybe in a few years i'll look at a membership or something right now my goal is to shoot a bogey every hole and im super happy mostly im 20+ over i do it more for the walking and relaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    i like to golf but it's pretty expensive for me right now so maybe in a few years i'll look at a membership or something right now my goal is to shoot a bogey every hole and im super happy mostly im 20+ over i do it more for the walking and relaxing
    Yeah clubs are expensive and golf it self is expensive. For a full set of new clubs you're looking at...around $2000
    Just play public courses in the meantime though.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a set of used clubs at a garage sale for 150$ and I was happy with that .P bought a driver for 50$ at another garage sale, was in like new condition.
    You're a towel.

I actually took a long lunch from work and played 9 holes at a local course today. I don't even have golf shoes anymore and I'm rocking some old set of clubs that I bought myself back in high school. Shot a 51, not too shabby for the first time out in years!
    I'm interested in buying a used set of nice clubs but not sure what to look for. Any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    I actually took a long lunch from work and played 9 holes at a local course today. I don't even have golf shoes anymore and I'm rocking some old set of clubs that I bought myself back in high school. Shot a 51, not too shabby for the first time out in years!
    I'm interested in buying a used set of nice clubs but not sure what to look for. Any tips?
    Sorry for the late reply. Yeah. Golf Galaxy would work. If you're shooting in the 50's for 9 holes, I'd suggest a set of hybrid irons maybe. At least something with a nice Forge.
    Selling myself out below

I don't play but I follow PGA Tour. Jordan Spieth is my personal favorite at the moment, bro-king of PGA and crushed it at the Masters. I was at TPC Sawgrass last year for his playoff with Kaymer and that was insane. Was a beautiful day to sit at the 17th and drink beer before the thunderstorms kicked in.

If you are looking for new clubs I would check out www.golfdiscount.com. I bought a new set of Taylormade RAC Satin irons from there a few years ago for $300.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    If you are looking for new clubs I would check out www.golfdiscount.com. I bought a new set of Taylormade RAC Satin irons from there a few years ago for $300.
    Yeah I use to work for a GOlf Discount here in St.Louis. They have some good deals. I guess it really just depends on the type of irons you need for your game.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, boring "sport" for old people

Its way too expensive. I used to work at a golf course, and would golf free at least once a week, then go elsewhere and play usually every weekend as well.
    After I stopped canabalizing used balls, accessories, tees, everything else I realized this sport costs WAYYY too much.
    80 dollars to ride 18 is just stupid.
    I can make 80 dollars go so far, and to think I ever spent that to play a sport I was mediocre at is nuts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    meh, boring "sport" for old people
    Funny...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its way too expensive. I used to work at a golf course, and would golf free at least once a week, then go elsewhere and play usually every weekend as well.
    After I stopped canabalizing used balls, accessories, tees, everything else I realized this sport costs WAYYY too much.
    80 dollars to ride 18 is just stupid.
    I can make 80 dollars go so far, and to think I ever spent that to play a sport I was mediocre at is nuts.
    Idk where you're playing that you were spending $80 a round..there are tons of courses for the average player that are only $40 on the weekend and $20 during the week.
    Selling myself out below

Thanks guys. I'm looking for some Taylormade woods and Callaway irons now. Does this sound like the way to go? Any specific models?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. I'm looking for some Taylormade woods and Callaway irons now. Does this sound like the way to go? Any specific models?
    That really depends on how much you want to spend. Callaway is my old sponsor so I love them. It also depends on what kind of golfer you are and what you average when you play. The Taylormade RBZ driver and woods are really good if you ask me as well as the Callaway xhot Woods, Drivers and irons. The Taylormade Rocketblade are good too. As well as forgiving. Just go to a golf store and hit around and see what you like.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    That really depends on how much you want to spend. Callaway is my old sponsor so I love them. It also depends on what kind of golfer you are and what you average when you play. The Taylormade RBZ driver and woods are really good if you ask me as well as the Callaway xhot Woods, Drivers and irons. The Taylormade Rocketblade are good too. As well as forgiving. Just go to a golf store and hit around and see what you like.
    Gotcha. I'm by no means a hardcore golfer, I just enjoy going out once or twice a month for fun. If I break 100 in 18 holes I'm happy. I'm trying to find a used set of clubs so I can get some good value. I'll keep searching for what's out there, probably during the winter I will find some more people looking to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha. I'm by no means a hardcore golfer, I just enjoy going out once or twice a month for fun. If I break 100 in 18 holes I'm happy. I'm trying to find a used set of clubs so I can get some good value. I'll keep searching for what's out there, probably during the winter I will find some more people looking to sell.
    All good. We all had to start somewhere. I only shoot in the low 70's high 60's because I started when I was 3 and played 5 days a week...lol

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/

This is a good site for certified pre-owned callaway. They own the site actually.
    For your game, You'd probably love a Hybrid iron set. They make contact really easy. Or something with a large cavity back like the RAZR

If you're looking to spend a little less I'd go with these...
    http://images.golfdiscount.com/brand.../v3_forged.jpg

Every club in that set is a hybrid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I golf a few times a year, trying to get out more as a lot of my friends do. First time this year shot a 62/50 in Florida. Usually shoot around a 100.
    Just gotta play more! It's fun that transition from 100>95>90..and so on. The better you start playing, the more you'll want to play!
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played, but I have always been interested. I suppose it's the upfront cost of getting my own clubs or renting them plus the other fees that kind of turn me off. That and I have nobody to play with and feel like a 21 year old guy going to a golf course alone is weird.

If given the opportunity I would definitely give it a go, only one way to figure out if I like it or not!

Grats on qualifying to move on to another tourny though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then